Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    So in plain English you're a UNH grad who goes to the PC games to get your hockey fix on. Not a big deal. I don't know why it was like pulling teeth to get a straight answer out of you but maybe you just like being a man of mystery. I'm also not one of those "stay off our thread" types so I was really just asking to get some perspective on why someone lives on this thread but hates PC hockey.
    Basically I think you are probably a bit salty that the University of No Hardware has done nothing in forever and yet the Friars are going to the NCAA...again. You do have fan base that I saw is pretty pumped that you all went from 11th to 9th place roughly in a league that is so down they shouldn't even count the season so that's looking up, right? The topper is you talked smack all year about a kid who would probably drive your two remaining teeth out the back of your fool head if you ever had the balls to tell him your "opinions" in person but we both know that you'd never have the stones to do that. In fact you were given some golden opportunities and noped out of those. True fact is I LOVED your impression of a turtle when a guy offered to buy you beers if you would only have the balls to stand next to him and heckle in person....and in true puss fashion you didn't. So that told me ALMOST everything I needed to know about you. You're basically a puss who outsiders mistake for a PC fan until they read the thread past two of your posts. It's cool, you keep doing you. It just makes a whole lot of sense now.
    I think a buddy of mine secretly lurks here because he showed up in 123 for the regular season finale and said he wanted to cash in his free beer. Now I'm going to have to change my seats next year. Though I'd be more than happy to sit with a bunch of true PC hockey fans.
    Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
      I think a buddy of mine secretly lurks here because he showed up in 123 for the regular season finale and said he wanted to cash in his free beer. Now I'm going to have to change my seats next year. Though I'd be more than happy to sit with a bunch of true PC hockey fans.
      Do we know each other?
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Back to hockey.....how far can we go with these match-ups......will NE move on to face the winner of our game.....any thoughts out there

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Do we know each other?
          If your name isn’t Bart then likely no.
          Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
            Back to hockey.....how far can we go with these match-ups......will NE move on to face the winner of our game.....any thoughts out there
            I see Northeastern vs. Mankato but I'm hoping PC can get it together for an all HE East Regional Championship. I don't see Cornell as a threat to the NU this year and Mankato is going to be a huge test for the Friars. I really respect their program but their fans are coming off like losers complaining about having to play PC at the Dunk. It's like they are building in an excuse to lose and the week hadn't ever started yet. PC hockey plays as many games at the Dunk as the Air Force Academy.
            Hopefully PC learned something from having to sit out this past weekend while other teams controlled their destiny. Could be Hawkey's last collegiate game if the team can't put together a strong effort.

If PC does get past Mankato I think they match up well with NU.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              I see Northeastern vs. Mankato but I'm hoping PC can get it together for an all HE East Regional Championship. I don't see Cornell as a threat to the NU this year and Mankato is going to be a huge test for the Friars. I really respect their program but their fans are coming off like losers complaining about having to play PC at the Dunk. It's like they are building in an excuse to lose and the week hadn't ever started yet. PC hockey plays as many games at the Dunk as the Air Force Academy.
              Hopefully PC learned something from having to sit out this past weekend while other teams controlled their destiny. Could be Hawkey's last collegiate game if the team can't put together a strong effort.

If PC does get past Mankato I think they match up well with NU.
              Just ignore all that. A lot of fans are just protecting ourselves from the devastation. It's an art that Minnesotans have mastered. Remember, we have the Vikings that rip out our hearts every 7-8 years, we had the first #1 seed that lost to the #16 in NCAA hockey (and the second was just up the road a couple of hours), and we haven't had a major professional sport appear in the championship game/series since 1991 (yes, that's over 100 seasons of losing). It's second nature for us to find some way or reason why we are the underdog.

I'm hopeful for this team. They FINALLY pulled out a big game this last weekend that was played against a team that plays a heavy style. I'm hoping it was a game that can finally get our boys over the hump of post-season struggles.
              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
                Just ignore all that. A lot of fans are just protecting ourselves from the devastation. It's an art that Minnesotans have mastered. Remember, we have the Vikings that rip out our hearts every 7-8 years, we had the first #1 seed that lost to the #16 in NCAA hockey (and the second was just up the road a couple of hours), and we haven't had a major professional sport appear in the championship game/series since 1991 (yes, that's over 100 seasons of losing). It's second nature for us to find some way or reason why we are the underdog.

I'm hopeful for this team. They FINALLY pulled out a big game this last weekend that was played against a team that plays a heavy style. I'm hoping it was a game that can finally get our boys over the hump of post-season struggles.
                I think you have a solid team there! I was very impressed with their comeback against Bowling Green. Two goals in such a short time was awesome!!! I have had great times in the past when Mankato has come to RI and find their fans to be great. Looking forward to more of the same interaction with the fans. 👍

Comment

Anyone know what section(s) have been allotted to PC fans? I might go just for kicks and I want to sit as far from the Cornell fans as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                    Anyone know what section(s) have been allotted to PC fans? I might go just for kicks and I want to sit as far from the Cornell fans as possible.
                    110-113 are the sections the school got for tickets....ordered mine yesterday...can only order full session (i.e. 2 games Saturday and 1 game Sunday) no matter what happens to PC on Saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                      110-113 are the sections the school got for tickets....ordered mine yesterday...can only order full session (i.e. 2 games Saturday and 1 game Sunday) no matter what happens to PC on Saturday
                      Thanks! There were hardly any decent seats left yesterday so I bought them in 229 in the lowest row I could find. I think that’s the Northeastern area, because I saw on the MSU thread that they’re in 124.

It looks like the lower bowl is completely sold out. Should be a fun atmosphere, especially if NU and Cornell bring big contingents as I expect.

Comment

Beating MSU might not be easy, but I really want to shut up the people on this message board who complain about the Providence regional every two years.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          Beating MSU might not be easy, but I really want to shut up the people on this message board who complain about the Providence regional every two years.
                          Agreed. They sound like crybaby *****es. A much different look nowadays to the fan base that I knew them as years ago. I really enjoyed meeting a large group of their fans a couple years in Providence now this group sounds like they have small man's syndrome to the Golden Gophers fan base and they seem like they already think they could choke this game away so they're building in the excuse now. Not a good look for a team that's ranked number three in the country for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            Agreed. They sound like crybaby *****es. A much different look nowadays to the fan base that I knew them as years ago. I really enjoyed meeting a large group of their fans a couple years in Providence now this group sounds like they have small man's syndrome to the Golden Gophers fan base and they seem like they already think they could choke this game away so they're building in the excuse now. Not a good look for a team that's ranked number three in the country for sure.
                            It’s not even an anti-Mankato thing -although some of their fans act like the demon spawn of the Rodents and Jan Brady State and deserve watching PC spring an upset IF PC can spring the upset. They have a great team and their fans have more than earned a trip to Buffalo. When people complain about Minnesota and college hockey, it’s literally just the Gophers and to a lesser extent SCSU. Totally fine either the Mavs, tUMD, and Bemidji and even though I made fun of them, SCSU. It’s really just reading the endless comments about fixing the NCAA tournament so that there are only 12 teams, and presumably we see Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, the Fighting Hawks, BC, and BU represent in the Frozen Four forever and ever until the end of time. That is literally the subtext.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              It’s not even an anti-Mankato thing -although some of their fans act like the demon spawn of the Rodents and Jan Brady State and deserve watching PC spring an upset IF PC can spring the upset. They have a great team and their fans have more than earned a trip to Buffalo. When people complain about Minnesota and college hockey, it’s literally just the Gophers and to a lesser extent SCSU. Totally fine either the Mavs, tUMD, and Bemidji and even though I made fun of them, SCSU. It’s really just reading the endless comments about fixing the NCAA tournament so that there are only 12 teams, and presumably we see Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, the Fighting Hawks, BC, and BU represent in the Frozen Four forever and ever until the end of time. That is literally the subtext.
                              Actually Providence was my favorite place to watch playoffs. Just loved easily getting in and out, the Italian food on the hill, the beer pregame outside. I loved that place many many times better than Albany... that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Actually Providence was my favorite place to watch playoffs. Just loved easily getting in and out, the Italian food on the hill, the beer pregame outside. I loved that place many many times better than Albany... that is for sure.
                                Albany was awful. And as the state capitol, it was a ghost town on the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X