Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers vs Badgers Nov. 9-10: Yeah, we still hate each other...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gophers vs Badgers Nov. 9-10: Yeah, we still hate each other...

Seriously, I think that's pretty good. Barry makes the the point that I hope both sides are making to their players. All the games are big, but these games are bigger.

It's important to both programs and it's important to college hockey that this conference rivalry is emphasized and continually built upon for the future. You want people in 10 years to be saying "Remember those Badger/Gopher games in 2018? In 2019? Wow!!!"
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      It always turns into football talk with you people. I agree with you on this one. Though, wasn't this supposed to be a college football playoff type season for your BADgers who now sit with, what, three losses?
      I knew the D was too young to contend this year, the DB and DL were gutted. The O was going to have to cover for them, but the O has underperformed mightily. The QB has digressed and the O line believed all the press clippings about how great they were and forgot they had to play that way too.

Wanna talk hockey, let's talk. Why do you guys suck? tDon's players are having a hard time with Motzkoball?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Desperate measures won't help.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          No reason for me to be bitter. UW has a coach who has played in the and coached in the NHL, not some small time wannbe. UW FB has a real coach and not a walking gimmick, and the UW hockey Women are #1 and knocked you out of the ncaa's last year and I don't have any urine colored clothing. I'm living the good life.
          You have a great woman's coach, but there is no indication that Granato has any idea on how to coach college. I already miss Magic Mike.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Was he bragging how he killed the WCHA?
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

I knew the D was too young to contend this year, the DB and DL were gutted. The O was going to have to cover for them, but the O has underperformed mightily. The QB has digressed and the O line believed all the press clippings about how great they were and forgot they had to play that way too.

Wanna talk hockey, let's talk. Why do you guys suck? tDon's players are having a hard time with Motzkoball?
              Just giving you crap. I am, after all, a Gopher football fan too. So having seen the axe all of once in my lifetime I certainly can't run my mouth about football.

I don't know why they suck. Looked like world beaters one night out against UMD, who is now back to number one in the nation, and the goalie played well enough the night before that to get the tie. Then had a couple of exhibiton games, decided to lay an egg in Vegas against what had been a struggling UND team, and then laid another egg last weekend against what appears to be a pretty stingy Mankato team. Motzko says they are too cute and they seemed to fold after Mankato took the lead for good on Friday. That's not a good trait to have for a team heading into what is usually a pretty hostile atmosphere in Madison when the Gophers come to town.

I still say split. Gophers have played pretty decent in Madison of late.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Easy for you to say, what else have you got to watch?

I mean, it's either watch gofer hockey or watch the jars of lutefisk ripen. And lately the lutefisk is drawing better crowds.
                Fair point.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Godwin's law of hockey debate - dong pictures.
                  True dat!
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I'm willing to give Motzko a year or two before we compare him to the cheerleader/boat rower who pretends to be a football coach.
                    As a hockey guy, Motzko could never stoop to Peewee's level. Gosh, he's annoying.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I don't see Alvy standing often; dude needs to mix in a salad.

Comment

No reason for me to be bitter. UW has a coach who has played in the and coached in the NHL, not some small time wannbe. UW FB has a real coach and not a walking gimmick, and the UW hockey Women are #1 and knocked you out of the ncaa's last year and I don't have any urine colored clothing. I'm living the good life.
                        All hail the menstrual colored sweater.
                        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          Was he bragging how he killed the WCHA?
                          Well...to be honest he didn’t know what the WCHA was. We (UW) fans have to console ourselves with the fact he finally made a coaching change. Anything beyond that is gravy.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            I don't see Alvy standing often; dude needs to mix in a salad.
                            🤣

Or...you know, lay off the thinner for a bit!
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Easy for you to say, what else have you got to watch?

I mean, it's either watch gofer hockey or watch the jars of lutefisk ripen. And lately the lutefisk is drawing better crowds.
                              I'm all Norwegian, and I don't know what they do to lutefisk to make it so malodorous. w t f do they put in the jars to make it so disgusting?

So, is this thing tonight going to be an up-and-down-the-ice affair between two big ice lovers?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                I'm all Norwegian, and I don't know what they do to lutefisk to make it so malodorous. w t f do they put in the jars to make it so disgusting?

So, is this thing tonight going to be an up-and-down-the-ice affair between two big ice lovers?
                                It very well could be. Our defense is young but getting better. Either way, it should be fun.

I think they use some kind of lye to process the fish. I'm Jewish and my grandparents had some weird things to eat (Beef tongue, etc) when I was little, but NOTHING as disgusting as lutefisk might be.

I'm heading downtown, boys. Peace. Out. **** 'em Bucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X