X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You really don't get it, do you.

If they buy a ****ty plan, and insurance doesn't cover their illness, we all end up paying for it. Get it? No, I don't think you do. You're as blind as the entire Republican caucus.
    no we don't. people don't go and get fixed. they end up dead or on the street or with a limp. where is the free hospital?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

and again, it is if if if if if.

your pulpit then was not on the individual's economic interest. casue if someone takes the crappy road and lives to tell, then they made out. works for the lucky millions every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        no we don't. people don't go and get fixed. they end up dead or on the street or with a limp. where is the free hospital?
        Emergency rooms are required by law to treat all patients regardless of ability to pay. Guess who picks up the tab for those who can't pay?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Emergency Room.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I agree with you. And it's why Nancy needs to figure this out. If she doesn't the Dems will get run over. Again.
            Or they run amok with an idealogue running the show. We tried that.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              burden is to prove a negative??? what did pro always say... 'dope'
              Uh no. I could’ve worded it better but I never asked you to prove a negative.

You’re the one who claimed Obamacare made health care costs rise despite the fact that they were rising before its existence. By all means provide proof of causation.
              Last edited by trixR4kids; 11-14-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Emergency rooms are required by law to treat all patients regardless of ability to pay. Guess who picks up the tab for those who can't pay?
                Plus it does not end there. You do not have a critically ill patient without insurance get intubated in the ED, put on pressors, etc and then just roll them out on the street to fend for themselves. They end up in the ICU and we all pay for it. Then they stay in the hospital longer because they do not have insurance so we cannot get them out to rehab or a skilled nursing facility.
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  if someone chooses to buy a crappier plan and take on risk, that is their choice. that is sorta the definition of insurance. you can choose to be, or not.

mookie has long complained that health coverage should no longer be coined "insurance", cause it ain't. people should be paying for coverage. to cover the cost of healthcare. as it has grown, health 'insurance' has costs (co-pays) attached to usage. does your auto have anything like that? and not a 'deductible' as that is not applicable. auto also increases if you are a bad driver. health 'insurance' is desired to cover people under group plans at equal levels.

nationalize health 'insurance'. it is not insurance.

but regardless.... if someone has to pay more, that is not helping them economically. and if they choose a crappy plan (copyright scooby), so be it. population control.
                  I don't gotta pay for your car if you wreck it. If you get sick without insurance, I do have to pay for your trip to the emergency room, and your potential hospital stay.

That's what insurance does, and why you should have it.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Agreed. Nunes is dead next time around.
                    How did he win this time? The guy is a total fraud. Did the Dems run a steaming turd?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      How did he win this time? The guy is a total fraud. Did the Dems run a steaming turd?
                      I honestly dont know but my guess is in two years the Dems put up someone pretty good against him. Since he will be Trump Defender #1 in the House he is going to feel the crunch.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I honestly dont know but my guess is in two years the Dems put up someone pretty good against him. Since he will be Trump Defender #1 in the House he is going to feel the crunch.
                        Rep. Devin Nunes, a Republican, has won another term representing California's 22nd Congressional District, beating Andrew Janz, a Democrat.

With all precincts reporting, Nunes has 55.1 percent of the vote, followed by Janz with 44.9 percent.

Nunes has represented the district in the House since 2013.

Democrats have gained a majority in the House, with 229 seats in the next Congress. In California, 51 of 53 House seats have been decided; four switched hands, all going to Democrats.

The number of votes cast for Democrats in House races has increased 46.0 percent from the 2014 midterms, compared with an increase of 22.6 percent for Republicans.

The district went for President Trump, a Republican, in 2016 by a margin of 9.3 points. Democrat Hillary Clinton won California by 30 points.
                        https://www.washingtonpost.com/elect...=.7a547c94dd9a

He won pretty easily. Pure drip slime.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          https://www.washingtonpost.com/elect...=.7a547c94dd9a

He won pretty easily. Pure drip slime.
                          The D’s ran a strong candidate against him, Andrew Janz who is a highly regarded violent crimes prosecutor who campaigned hard and raised a ton of money. The Fresno Bee endorsed Janz and the had always endorsed Nunez in his previous campaigns. But that part of CA is staunchly red and full derp. So he won basically the same way Steve King, Duncan Hunter, and Chris Collins won. Insert R behind name and win elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            So everyone who uses health care goes into the ER?

Absolutes are dangerous

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Uh no. I could’ve worded it better but I never asked you to prove a negative.

You’re the one who claimed Obamacare made health care costs rise despite the fact that they were rising before its existence. By all means provide proof of causation.
                              No mookie did not. Mookie stated that costs for some escalated. Therefore for those their economic situation was not improved... whereas Scooby claimed they improved (and you used 99%, which was probably higher than Scooby)

Comment

Anatomy of a landslide. Minnesota's Walz is a case study on how Dems win the heartland by flipping independent perennial voters and unifying the state. Walz picked up a larger percent than any MN governor since Arnie Carlson in '94.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/11/1...nge-with-maps/
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X