X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Oh goody...
    Nothing says winning like losing twice
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      On the positive side they're both automatic now.

That senate race is nuts.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Do you mean overall?

House D+37
        Gov D+7
        State Leg Seats D+350
        State Leg Chambers D+6

In Senate races we went 23-12. We'd have needed to go 25-10 just to hold serve.

This was a blue wave, it just wasn't a tsunami. I don't know what people expected.
        Exactly. It’s the state legislatures that matter at his point. Given the number of seats that separated us from republicans being able to rewrite the constitution, this was some much needed breathing room.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Do you mean overall?

House D+37
          Gov D+7
          State Leg Seats D+350
          State Leg Chambers D+6

This was a blue wave, it just wasn't a tsunami. I don't know what people expected.
          Minnesota stayed 5-3 for Federal Reps. We have one rural Dem left and when he retires that district will go full derp as well.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

In the end, trying to extract a trend from the Senate results, versus the House results, in kind of pointless. With the House, you have everything up for grabs, so the end result is a decent correlation with what is happening (though maybe not perfect due to things like gerrymandering). With the Senate, you're trying to infer things off of a third; in this case, a really one-sided third; you're more comparing with 2006 and 2012, both really odd years, than you are with 2016.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

If any of you, from libs to cons to loonitarians want a good laugh, you should check out the comments section of the early daily kos elections blogs! Upon learning that Dems had failed to capture a tough Kentucky race (KY has the earliest poll closing time) 90% of the posters were convinced that the GOP was a cinch to keep the House and hold their losses to single digits. I'm also fairly certain some of them hired movers to relocate to Canada at first light the following morning. Point is, there's a lot of Scooby's out there!

Regarding updates with recent calls in NM, WA and GA Dems are now up to a 31 seat gain and leading in 5 others. They're also down by a small amount in 3 CA races with lots of late ballots to be counted and the one Maine race that will go to an instant runoff eventually. Lastly there are 4 other uncalled House races with GOP in the lead (TX, NY, GA and NC) Not sure what the hold up is in those races.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                If any of you, from libs to cons to loonitarians want a good laugh, you should check out the comments section of the early daily kos elections blogs! Upon learning that Dems had failed to capture a tough Kentucky race (KY has the earliest poll closing time) 90% of the posters were convinced that the GOP was a cinch to keep the House and hold their losses to single digits. I'm also fairly certain some of them hired movers to relocate to Canada at first light the following morning. Point is, there's a lot of Scooby's out there!

Regarding updates with recent calls in NM, WA and GA Dems are now up to a 31 seat gain and leading in 5 others. They're also down by a small amount in 3 CA races with lots of late ballots to be counted and the one Maine race that will go to an instant runoff eventually. Lastly there are 4 other uncalled House races with GOP in the lead (TX, NY, GA and NC) Not sure what the hold up is in those races.
                You always here a lot of talk about moving to Canada. Anyone know anybody who actually went? And bigger question is did Canada let them in? Some of the celebrities that always talk about it I'm not sure I'd want to let in.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I think if the Republicans are looking for a bright spot in this election, and it's certainly hard to find one from their prospective, it's this. A lot of the House wins came in suburban districts where the Democratic candidate beat out a fairly moderate Republican candidate in an area that is politically purple at best. Many of those races were pretty tight. Once the Republicans can rid themselves of Trump and the toxic reaction he creates for many suburbanites, the Republicans have at least some chance to try to win some of those seats back.
                  Haven't you heard? Any Republican who didn't slavishly attach their lips to Red Don's azz got smoked in the election.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                    You always here a lot of talk about moving to Canada. Anyone know anybody who actually went? And bigger question is did Canada let them in? Some of the celebrities that always talk about it I'm not sure I'd want to let in.
                    Canada's going to build a wall.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Nothing says winning like losing twice
                      You don't fight, you don't win.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Canada's going to build a wall.
                        And we are going to pay for it.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Do you mean overall?

House D+37
                          Gov D+7
                          State Leg Seats D+350
                          State Leg Chambers D+6

You're rebuilding the bench that got decimated under the DWS-BHO watch. Good.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            You don't fight, you don't win.
                            Losing is the new winning

Beto 2020
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Do you mean overall?

House D+37
                              Gov D+7
                              State Leg Seats D+350
                              State Leg Chambers D+6

I expected the red state Senate moderates would have had a better showing in this sort of environment. The fact that they didn't is very concerning because it suggests the Dems may not be competetive for a long, long time.

My only hope is that Sinema pulls her race out and that gives the Dems enough of a chance to reach 50 in 2020. If that's the case, there's a decent chance they've kept the House and taken the White House. First order of business...approve DC's petition for statehood.
                              Last edited by GrinCDXX; 11-08-2018, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Ari Melber made the case for a Blue Wave tonight. Very compelling argument. He convinced me.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X