Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    It also means I'm gonna hate 2020 when a billion dollars of political advertising pours into those states.
    Can I take the over?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      As I said the other day for as bad as the Senate turned out for the Dems everything else went sideways for them. The House Dems can now push the crazies to the side, the suburbs fled Trump like he was a drunk who shat his pants and his 3 State flip seems to have flipped back. Plus the Dems are on the right side of the one issue that even people in Red States voted for...Health Care. They cant run on the Boogeyman of ObamaCare anymore because Repeal and Replace was pimpslapped by the electorate.

Now the Dems need to hammer him and his moron party over it til 2020. They need to not take the bait on the little things he will try to distract them over (see: Jim Acosta) and just fix what needs to be fixed and investigate what needs to be investigated. Dont make the investigation your first thing because then you look petty...but as you work on "fixing" ObamaCare keep on calling witnesses and sending out subpoenas.

And Minnesota is not going Red.
      But Scooby said....

Anyway, yes I agree. I find it funny when pundidiots say the Dems have no message aside from anti-Trump when by and large they ran their swing district races with nary a mention of him. Dems have two BIG issues to run on. 1) Healthcare, where the GOP is in total retreat, and 2) Voting rights. Both of these issues completely unify the Dem base from Manchin to Sanders and everyone in between. Everyone is in favor of the continued Medicaid expansion on the left, and on the right 3 more dark red states quietly voted via public referendum for expansion as well (Utah, Idaho and Nebraska). When its all said and done only 13 states will be left not taking part and I'd suspect Kansas (who's legislature passed a bill that Brownback vetoed) and Wisconsin may soon join them with Dem Gov's at the helm.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        But Scooby said....

Anyway, yes I agree. I find it funny when pundidiots say the Dems have no message aside from anti-Trump when by and large they ran their swing district races with nary a mention of him. Dems have two BIG issues to run on. 1) Healthcare, where the GOP is in total retreat, and 2) Voting rights. Both of these issues completely unify the Dem base from Manchin to Sanders and everyone in between. Everyone is in favor of the continued Medicaid expansion on the left, and on the right 3 more dark red states quietly voted via public referendum for expansion as well (Utah, Idaho and Nebraska). When its all said and done only 13 states will be left not taking part and I'd suspect Kansas (who's legislature passed a bill that Brownback vetoed) and Wisconsin may soon join them with Dem Gov's at the helm.
        Minnesota got the House back. The Senate stayed Red. Minnesota also stayed 5-3 on Federal Reps. Which means we had (4) flips, two red, two blue. We may not be going red but we're not exorcising the demon either.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Leave the benches open; clog the courts further; let Mitch eat the backlash from the litigants who are going unheard.
          Shocking, what you would have done would have resulted in vacancies that were filled by Obama instead being filled by Trump.

Hey, who cares if McConnell comes away with total victory, so long as he can't point the finger at me later!

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Minnesota got the House back. The Senate stayed Red. Minnesota also stayed 5-3 on Federal Reps. Which means we had (4) flips, two red, two blue. We may not be going red but we're not exorcising the demon either.
              Ummm....Scoobs the state Senate "stayed Red" because there was only 1 race on the ballot! Do you work for Fox News?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Ummm....Scoobs the state Senate "stayed Red" because there was only 1 race on the ballot! Do you work for Fox News?
                Fair enough. Still disappointed we netted zero gains at the Federal Level.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Oh goody...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Oh goody...
                    Sigh.

Comment

Who wants a recount?
                      Who! Who! Who Who!
                      Who wants a recount?
                      Who! Who! Who Who!

Comment

Don't be. Minny did its job offsetting 2 probably losses by booting out 2 incumbent Goopers one of which was particularly loathsome. Then console yourself with a 35-40 seat pickup for Dems in the House, which is outstanding considering that extreme gerrymanders in places like OH, WI and NC stopped them from picking up any Congressional seats in these states. The North Carolina gerrymander isn't long for this world now that the Dems solidified their hold on the state Supreme Court. Time will tell on the other two (Dems would need to win another WI state supreme court seat IIRC before a lawsuit would prevail).

Comment

I would rail against it...but its FL keep them busy so they dont bug the rest of us
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Oh goody...
                            On the positive side they're both automatic now.

Comment

Do you mean overall?

House D+37
                              Gov D+7
                              State Leg Seats D+350
                              State Leg Chambers D+6

In Senate races we went 23-12. We'd have needed to go 25-10 just to hold serve.

This was a blue wave, it just wasn't a tsunami. I don't know what people expected.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Do you mean overall?

House D+37
                                Gov D+7
                                State Leg Seats D+350
                                State Leg Chambers D+6

In Senate races we went 23-12. We'd have needed to go 25-10 just to hold serve.

This was a blue wave, it just wasn't a tsunami. I don't know what people expected.
                                This is basically Scooby the last two days...

Comment

Working...
                                X