2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'm heartened by a lot of the House wins last night and some of the Governors. Enough to not get too down about what happened in the Senate and some of the backwoods state's in this country that are dragging us all down.

Trump did not experience a big repudiation last night. Hopefully that makes him even more cocky going forward. I really don't believe he thinks that a "check" was elected last night on his Presidency. I give this as my evidence

Red Don was gonna spin it as a huge victory for him no matter what happened. It's what he does, how he keeps the rubes fired up.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Well that will also depend who is up. If a bunch of GOPers are up in 2020 it could flip if the Dems take back the WH.
      That was the problem this year for Dems. A lot of Dems up for re-election in deep red states. Next election, might be the Repubs having to defend.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        I’ll try to find the stats again but the median flip over the past 50 years has been something like 23 seats so this year will be more than average.
        30+. BHO holds the record of -63. tD is at the bottom with -25(?).
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          That was the problem this year for Dems. A lot of Dems up for re-election in deep red states. Next election, might be the Repubs having to defend.
          The brain washing runs deep. Friend in Houston last night told me that the republicans don’t want to get rid of pre existing conditions and it’s fake news.

Comment

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            538 had a couple interesting demographic points in their live blog last night. When looking at race and gender, the ONLY group that broke R was white men, white women were 49D-48R. When looking at race and age 2 groups went R, whites 45-64 and white 65+, every other group went D.
            So in the US House races, Iowa went about +50k for the Dems. In the governor's race, it was +40k for the GOP. I really don't understand those 90,000 people.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              30+. BHO holds the record of -63. tD is at the bottom with -25(?).
              It's 26 right now. Will be about 33-35 by the time everything's done.

Comment

George Soros needs to stop paying protestors and instead pay young liberals to move to Texas and Florida

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Biggest problem now is Mitch is going to run a Judge factory for 2 years and in 2020 if the Dems don't finally get the wave and the Red still controls the Senate you'll have another Obama situation where nothing will get done cause Mitch will obstruct everything again and you'll have a Democrat spending all his capital on marginal Health Care legislation and fixing the economic disaster left by Trump.

Rinse and Repeat.
                  You don't think gridlock will start until 2020? I think both houses of congress will not let anything championed by the other side get through at all starting immediately. Senate will push judges and the House will push investigations. Not sure what either one will actually accomplish. Obstruction all around.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    Puerto Rico needs statehood ASAP
                    Only way that happens is full Dem Control of everything.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      George Soros needs to stop paying protestors and instead pay young liberals to move to Texas and Florida
                      well, about 1,500,0000 convicted felons in Florida just got their right to vote back, including about 18% of the African-American population. That's going to change things in 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        The brain washing runs deep. Friend in Houston last night told me that the republicans don’t want to get rid of pre existing conditions and it’s fake news.
                        Did they mean republican voters or republicans in office? There is a big discconnect between the two.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

So, Comrade Rohrabacher went down to defeat last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Did they mean republican voters or republicans in office? There is a big discconnect between the two.
                            In office. You know the people filing lawsuits

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              You don't think gridlock will start until 2020? I think both houses of congress will not let anything championed by the other side get through at all starting immediately. Senate will push judges and the House will push investigations. Not sure what either one will actually accomplish. Obstruction all around.
                              Of course. What I'm worried about is when the Dems take back the White House they will be hamstrung again by 30% of the electorate. There are lots of big things that need to get done.

1. The end of trickle down.
                              2. Climate.
                              3. Health Care.
                              4. Infrastructure.

And not a single Republican is running on any of that. And if it doesn't happen in 2020 this country is going straight down the ****ter. All that stuff is long overdue.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Most of the states the Rs will be defending are deep red. If anything, look at the D’s losing one more as Doug Jones is up again in a deep red state.

Comment

Working...
                                X