• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Full blooded NA's, or are we applying the "Warren Standard?"
    Why does this matter again?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Why does this matter again?
      It doesn't. But when 5mn_Major asks a question/posts a comment that is so ridiculously stupid, it pretty much requires a meaningless response.

His question, "How many NAs were involved in the decision of your judiciary? Would you actually think that the judiciary would choose the NA point of view over that of the extreme legislature elected from the same source as themselves?"

The stupidity of that question/statement should be immediately obvious, since the "judiciary" that decided the case was a federal district court judge, not elected by the people of North Dakota, but appointed for life by the President, stayed on appeal by the 8th Circuit judges, again appointed by the President, not elected by the people of North Dakota, with the 8th Circuit decision left alone by the Supremes.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        The only people on this whole board who blame Reid are you and Joe.

You're right, the flood is happening. It would've happened anyway. So you're saying Reid should've left another 100 judicial chambers empty for McConnell to fill because...

It's not because voters would punish McConnell. They proved that after Garland.

It's not because McConnell would've held his own hand, because he's shown he's more power hungry than most Presidents.

So why should Reid have left those 100-some seats to flounder?
        Wouldn't Turtle Boy still have needed 60 votes to confirm anyone?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          The point is that McConnell would have gone simple majority regardless of whether he had Reid to point the finger at. The only people saying "we'll never know" are people who want to blame Reid.

After not being punished in the slightest for stealing Garland's seat, what possible reason would there have been to think that going simple majority was going to pose any sort of political problem?
          Last edited by GrinCDXX; 11-07-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Not when the majority can change the rules.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Seeing a lot of p-ssing and moaning this morning from Trumpies on social media.

Didn't they say "you lost, get over it" two years ago?
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Seeing a lot of p-ssing and moaning this morning from Trumpies on social media.

Didn't they say "you lost, get over it" two years ago?
                They always get to have everything both ways. That's how they are.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  The lack of oppression argument is not a fact lmao.
                  He either doesn't know this because he's dumb and doesn't know how to use google or he knows all this and is arguing in bad faith per usual.
                  I know all that. I live here.
                  The native vote this week was the strongest turnout they've seen.

This'll sound bad, but all this noise was actually a good thing as it got the native population segment out to vote.

And to quote Sen Heitkamp herself: It’s still easy for Native Americans to vote. ... And they did. Good for them.
                  Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-07-2018, 02:49 PM.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Only if you believe he wouldn't have gone nuclear himself anyway. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      It doesn't. But when 5mn_Major asks a question/posts a comment that is so ridiculously stupid, it pretty much requires a meaningless response.
                      Finally we're getting to the reason to support ND voter suppression initiatives.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Only if you believe he wouldn't have gone nuclear himself anyway. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.
                        Would he have?
                        We'll never know because Harry Reid opened the door for him.

Reid needed to get his judicial parade down the street. So he did what he did to be expedient, forget the future consequences.

Reid's move gave Mitch the same judicial parade power and a scapegoat.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Yeah, a guy who said in January 2009 that his entire goal was to make Obama a one term president surely wasn't going to go nuclear the first chance he had a Republican President.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Maryland's congressional districts just got tossed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.ddb8002c506b
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Maryland's congressional districts just got tossed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.ddb8002c506b
                              Need independent commissions nationwide. Luckily Michigan passed the prop to get theirs yesterday.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The suburban shift to D vote was reflected in the Twin Cities House. Every single urban and suburb went blue including Maple Grove and EP...from Blaine to Shakopee...from Stillwater to Mound. This can't be a long term winning strategy for Republicans.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X