Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Midterms 2: I Need A Drink!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Did you ever think that Myopic Mitch played a pawn sacrifice into checkmate? He maneuvered Harry into going Nuclear and figured (hoped) with a GOP president (not necessarily tD) and a GOP Senate, they could shape the judiciary and SCOTUS for a generation?

Nah. That would imply Mitch has an idea of how to strategize.
    It wouldn't have mattered. Mitch always plays the hand he has in front of him. Democrats voters gave him his power and he takes every bit of it that's available. He doesn't need Harry Reid or anyone else's help.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Did you ever think that Myopic Mitch played a pawn sacrifice into checkmate? He maneuvered Harry into going Nuclear and figured (hoped) with a GOP president (not necessarily tD) and a GOP Senate, they could shape the judiciary and SCOTUS for a generation?

Nah. That would imply Mitch has an idea of how to strategize.
      He didn't need to maneuver Reid. Everything else would've happened anyway. That was just a bonus.

And that ignores the question, what do you think Reid should've done, why, and how would that have changed anything?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        He didn't need to maneuver Reid. Everything else would've happened anyway. That was just a bonus.

And that ignores the question, what do you think Reid should've done?
        It took me a while but I really don't think people understand what the Republicans actually did and what they're willing to do.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Dick_Nixon on the midterms. Good read and it is free.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/22574043
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            So the republicans could fill more judicial positions to deny North Dakota native Americans the right to vote.
            Record turnout with proper (street address) IDs provided at no cost in the days leading to the election.

Cocktail or tartar sauce with your red herring?
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              So oppression is a good thing?
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                So oppression is a good thing?
                What oppression. Record turnout is oppression?

And the law (requiring a street address, not a PO box) stood up to judicial challenge.
                Before you say it, every square foot of ND has a street address (per the statewide 911 system).
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Wow. Jeff Flake just got eviscerated by Trump during this presser.

Comment

Apparently Tester won. That's good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Flake tanked his career voting with that clown. If he only had had a spine.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Apparently Tester won. That's good news.
                        I watched that a bit last night...very interesting considering how few people live there.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 11-07-2018, 12:18 PM.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There always seems to be one.

This year's "Win From Beyond the Grave" election winner is ...

Dennis Hof

So will, uh, ... flags, yeah, flags ... be at half-staff because of his death.
                          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-07-2018, 12:51 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So Dave Hutchinson, the gay cop, backed by the DFL, is ahead by a few thousand votes for Hennepin co sheriff. Stanek, the GOP right wing hardliner, won’t concede.
                            I’m amazed- hutch didn’t have a very organized campaign early on but enough people were sick of the stanek way

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              So Dave Hutchinson, the gay cop, backed by the DFL, is ahead by a few thousand votes for Hennepin co sheriff. Stanek, the GOP right wing hardliner, won’t concede.
                              I’m amazed- hutch didn’t have a very organized campaign early on but enough people were sick of the stanek way
                              The whole deploying officers to standing rock nonsense couldn't have helped his cause. Not to mention with his far right views it's kinda amazing that he was ever successful here to begin with (and shows how little competition he must've had).
                              Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              What oppression. Record turnout is oppression?

And the law (requiring a street address, not a PO box) stood up to judicial challenge.
                              Before you say it, every square foot of ND has a street address (per the statewide 911 system).
                              Ok Tucker
                              Last edited by trixR4kids; 11-07-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                One should not speak ill of the (politically) dead.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X