Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 254

Thread: UMass is NewMass

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Umass frozen fvcking four

    Well done
    Fucoff BC naysayers!!

  2. #142
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,267
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCat View Post
    Fucoff BC naysayers!!
    Yah!!!

    F them

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,375
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCat View Post
    Fucoff BC naysayers!!
    Ha, ha; mookie is a bu naysayer, but I am sure that his congrats are sincere, as are mine. As an UNH fan, I will be diasalpointed if another HEA gets a NC before we do, but will root for the Minutewagon nevertheless.

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Ha, ha; mookie is a bu naysayer, but I am sure that his congrats are sincere, as are mine. As an UNH fan, I will be diasalpointed if another HEA gets a NC before we do, but will root for the Minutewagon nevertheless.
    Wow, great and entertaining game tonight. That big league stuff. Go win it all, please! Go hockey east!

    Having said this, next year lose to Maine.

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,166
    Providence has one already, and my team is not getting one this yr.. so UMass Minutemen all the way. All the best, go Hockey East! Go N(U)Mass !

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    Providence has one already, and my team is not getting one this yr.. so UMass Minutemen all the way. All the best, go Hockey East! Go N(U)Mass !
    Said with great heart inside.

    We need HE to have a showing to make folks remember what kind of league we have. Go Providence go!

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,601

    Re: UMass is NewMass

    How the hell did UMass lose to BC and give up 32 shots? Watching them this weekend their opponents can't even get a shot on net.

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,601

    Re: UMass is NewMass

    It would be funny if UMass takes one home before UML

  9. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    It would be funny if UMass takes one home before UML
    Denver is getting dusted. Head coach looks to me he has no idea.

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Denver is getting dusted. Head coach looks to me he has no idea.
    Go Umass, you got a great in on finals!

  11. #151

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,765

    Re: UMass is NewMass

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    It would be funny if UMass takes one home before UML
    If they play like they did this weekend they'll be tough to beat.

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    4,255

    Re: UMass is NewMass

    Congrats. Denver is a tough matchup. Keep flying up and down the ice and you'll be OK.

  13. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Congrats. Denver is a tough matchup. Keep flying up and down the ice and you'll be OK.
    Claim it...

    https://youtu.be/MjwttGizNEs

  14. #154
    Doggie Out! Afuera!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    796

    Re: UMass is NewMass

    Impressive. Massively, massively impressive. Keep it up fellas.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

    Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

    BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Savannah GA
    Posts
    5,016
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Yah!!!

    F them
    Ya! F Ďem!! UMass, total domination and it was delicious to watch !!

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,601

    Re: UMass is NewMass

    I'm torn because there are a great deal of detestable UMass fans but Greg Carvel is legit and his team plays the game like it should be played. Fast, aggressive, relentless.

    Also the Makar story is underplayed. Not him the player, but the story. Committed to John Micheletto! Given his tenure as coach it is unbelievable that Makar stayed with UMass and then still stayed with UMass during a coaching change before he arrived. Comes back for a 2nd year when most didn't think he would. The interview with his dad was great yesterday. Big fan of Makar, seems very well grounded and comes from a good family. Still sucks when you see guys leave after two years but this is an exception. He has been a tremendous "asset" and feather in the cap of the college route.

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I'm torn because there are a great deal of detestable UMass fans but Greg Carvel is legit and his team plays the game like it should be played. Fast, aggressive, relentless.

    Also the Makar story is underplayed. Not him the player, but the story. Committed to John Micheletto! Given his tenure as coach it is unbelievable that Makar stayed with UMass and then still stayed with UMass during a coaching change before he arrived. Comes back for a 2nd year when most didn't think he would. The interview with his dad was great yesterday. Big fan of Makar, seems very well grounded and comes from a good family. Still sucks when you see guys leave after two years but this is an exception. He has been a tremendous "asset" and feather in the cap of the college route.
    To add to this, he turned down an invite to the Canadian Olympic team last season because he didnít want to miss additional Umass games after having already played in the WJC. Umass didnít have as good of season last year and he still put his team ahead of that opportunity. Says a lot about this kid.
    Last edited by Middle Street; 03-31-2019 at 08:48 AM.

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northwest of Boston
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: UMass is NewMass

    Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    To add to this, he turned down an invite to the Canadian Olympic team last season because he didnít want to miss additional Umass games after having already played in the WJC. Umass didnít have as good of season last year and he still put his team ahead of that opportunity. Says a lot about this kid.
    A few of us were saying at the end of last year that UMass was a team to reckon with and would be a tough out with the young talent they had. They sure played up to that and beyond.

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Congrats. Denver is a tough matchup. Keep flying up and down the ice and you'll be OK.
    Totally underrated is the fact that UMass will be the home team against Denver as the higher seed. Getting the chance to get the line matchups they want gives Carvel a great advantage. Only Minnesota Duluth is still left that can be the home team over UMass should they both reach the championship game. Providence or Cornell cannot be the home team in any FF game and Quinnipiac only can if they play Denver in the championship.

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,788

    Re: UMass is NewMass

    Hope you guys go all the way. That was a very impressive weekend. We didn't stand a chance against you on Friday. You came, you saw, you conquered.

    I met Greg Carvel when he was doing some scouting (I think Anaheim but I could be mistaken) and we watched Harvard play SLU. The way he breaks down a game, strengths/weaknesses is like getting an education in Hockey 101. The fact that he walked away from his alma mater and took over a floundering program and has brought it to the Frozen Four in three years is immense. The pros will be looking at him very soon as a candidate for some opening.

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by jaamz View Post
    Will this loss put an end to that one clown who keeps giving UMass a first place vote in the rankings?lol
    This post aged well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •