Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1001

Thread: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

  1. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,521

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You didn't understand the context, either, apparently. It's called a hypothetical situation.
    Yeah and you could hypothetically provide figures to support your argument but you never do for some reason.

  2. #162
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    116,383

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    This might be a rather limited situation by most accounts, but my problem with the a rule regarding no semi-auto pistols is a guy I know who was hunting in northern MN. He has a few stories regarding how he shot a deer and now wolves are keying in on his and others' locations. He had to shoot one that was trying to jump up to him while he was in his tree stand, using his sidearm. It took three shots at close range because he was scared.
    Someone who is more familiar with modifications can help me out here (bump stocks I know about, and they should be banned), how about no performance mods whatsoever? You can only use the gun as it is bought.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  3. #163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Someone who is more familiar with modifications can help me out here (bump stocks I know about, and they should be banned), how about no performance mods whatsoever? You can only use the gun as it is bought.
    I’d be okay with this.

  4. #164
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    116,383

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Yeah and you could hypothetically provide figures to support your argument but you never do for some reason.
    1. In one post, I made it a point to say it was my opinion.
    2. In the other post, the point was I could have a team of scientists/professionals/whoever, and Scooby would take an opposing stance/dismiss what I said, because it's not what he thinks.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  5. #165
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,308

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    1. In one post, I made it a point to say it was my opinion.
    2. In the other post, the point was I could have a team of scientists/professionals/whoever, and Scooby would take an opposing stance/dismiss what I said, because it's not what he thinks.
    Number 2 is just flat out false. I believe in science. You have no science to back up what you claim.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  6. #166
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,308

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    This might be a rather limited situation by most accounts, but my problem with the a rule regarding no semi-auto pistols is a guy I know who was hunting in northern MN. He has a few stories regarding how he shot a deer and now wolves are keying in on his and others' locations. He had to shoot one that was trying to jump up to him while he was in his tree stand, using his sidearm. It took three shots at close range because he was scared.
    Fact is until gun owners start speaking out we will get nowhere. And they're not speaking out. They like the fact that they can get blown away with an AR-15 in public while they feel so safe with the cute little 9mm. They feel safe with that gun on their hip.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  7. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,733
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Fact is until gun owners start speaking out we will get nowhere. And they're not speaking out. They like the fact that they can get blown away with an AR-15 in public while they feel so safe with the cute little 9mm. They feel safe with that gun on their hip.
    How many people a year die from being shot with an ar-15? I thought you believed in science and facts?

  8. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,696

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    How many people a year die from being shot with an ar-15? I thought you believed in science and facts?
    How many are acceptable to you?

  9. #169
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,308

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    How many people a year die from being shot with an ar-15? I thought you believed in science and facts?
    How many kids in elementary school go through active shooter drills?

    See, the fact is that is the important fact here.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  10. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,733
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    How many kids in elementary school go through active shooter drills?

    See, the fact is that is the important fact here.
    So gun owners are insane for carrying guns in case they get mugged, robbed, raped, whatever, but schools are perfectly rational for preparing for something that is even rarer? That makes a lot of sense. The active shooter drills in schools shouldn’t be allowed to happen.

  11. #171
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,308

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    So gun owners are insane for carrying guns in case they get mugged, robbed, raped, whatever, but schools are perfectly rational for preparing for something that is even rarer? That makes a lot of sense. The active shooter drills in schools shouldn’t be allowed to happen.
    Should we cancel fire drills too?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  12. #172
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    116,383

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Should we cancel fire drills too?
    .
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  13. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,733
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Should we cancel fire drills too?
    There are approximately 5,000 school fires each year and very few school shootings so you do the math. https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Data-research-and-tools/Building-and-Life-Safety/Structure-fires-in-educational-properties

  14. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,696

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    How many people a year die from being shot with an ar-15? I thought you believed in science and facts?
    How many are acceptable to you?

  15. #175
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    21,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Fine, don't believe me. Even if I presented a full demonstration of facts and data, and polls of people, I doubt you'd believe me anyway.
    Since when have you ever done that? All you offer is your opinion as a "centrist". And opinions are just that, an opinion.

  16. #176
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    71,308

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    There are approximately 5,000 school fires each year and very few school shootings so you do the math. https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Resear...nal-properties
    An estimated 4,000 school building fires were reported by United States fire departments each year and caused an estimated 75 injuries and $66.1 million in property loss. Fatalities resulting from school building fires were rare.
    More dead from gunshots in Florida shooting by itself.

    You just got owned. Care to try again?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  17. #177
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    21,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You didn't understand the context, either, apparently. It's called a hypothetical situation.
    So, in other words, no facts and figures. Even though you just know there must be.

  18. #178
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    116,383

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    So, in other words, no facts and figures. Even though you just know there must be.
    Not in an opinion. Try again, scooter.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  19. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,521

    Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

    So your opinion isn't based on facts or figures.

  20. #180
    Loser Teacher
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    39,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    And the other side hasn’t changed? The NRA deserves some blame, but Bloomberg and the other anti-gunners are just as much if not more radical. Myself and other gun owners would like to see some things changed, the problem is that once that happens Bloomberg and co will be pushing for more extreme measures until guns are effectively banned. Like a lot of other issues there are too many extremists and the country suffers.
    No they won't. And since when does Bloomberg control what you do?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •