This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Russia (and England if you believe that) didn't have losers with guns roving their streets every day prior to the war...and still managed to do just fine.
    What is your definition of ‘just fine’? They survived, but millions of people died and many more suffered horribly. The point had nothing to do with their gun control laws. It was that we incredibly lucked out.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      you really are ignorant, there is a citizen militia along the border, and most if not all members of the citizen militia do "drill"
      Let me help you with the US constitution. There's this second amendment where - you are given the right to own a gun because you need to defend this country. If we're using someone else to defend the country...youre both going against the constitution and should have your gun taken away.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        What is your definition of ‘just fine’? They survived, but millions of people died and many more suffered horribly. The point had nothing to do with their gun control laws. It was that we incredibly lucked out.
        I guess your right. Get rid of guns - it didn't help them. I'll settle for just getting them off the streets.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Let me help you with the US constitution. There's this second amendment where - you are given the right to own a gun because you need to defend this country. If we're using someone else to defend the country...youre both going against the constitution and should have your gun taken away.
          come and get it

There is a lot of turmoil along the border, there is a citizen militia there, the Border Patrol, and now our military, if the President asks for help from the citizens, I am ready, willing, and able.
          If he asks for help elsewhere, I am ready.
          If somebody violates our Constitution and seizes power, or threatens to seize power, I am ready.

If the citizen militia along the border was somehow violating US law, would not Obama have done something to remove them?
          he didn't, it's safe to say they are legitimately exercising their rights

Comment

come and get it

There is a lot of turmoil along the border, there is a citizen militia there, the Border Patrol, and now our military, if the President asks for help from the citizens, I am ready, willing, and able.
            Alright. So the constitution gives you the right to have a gun because you're here to protect the country...and the country is not asking you to go to the border. Fair enough. So we don't need to take your gun away because you're available to execute on your constitutional duty.

Yet you'd be incompetent as militia - in addition to being a general danger to society (as hard statistics discussed here show). The coast guard and national guard devote serious time to make sure they can execute defensive operations like those on the border. You need to start spending your saturdays so you can successfully participate in the country's defense. Afterall, that's why your rights are protected.

Plus the constitution doesn't protect your rights to put fellow Americans at risk and so you can execute your duties without carrying guns around on a daily basis. No more carry. It sounds like we've reached an agreement here.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

This:
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              ROTFLMAO. Get this guy a bed at Bedford.

Is the perfect and deserved response to this:
              you must be unfamiliar with the Spanish Civil War, which was a true civil war unlike ours which would be better named The War Between The States

and you must not be familiar with the oath taken entering the military:
              I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

whose side do you think soldiers and police (many of whom have served in the military) will be on, a tyrant, or the people?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Now that guns have been allowed everywhere and thanks to the NRA, gun laws are increasingly lax....

Gun deaths in US reach highest level in nearly 40 years, CDC data reveal

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/healt...cdc/index.html
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Now that guns have been allowed everywhere and thanks to the NRA, gun laws are increasingly lax....

Gun deaths in US reach highest level in nearly 40 years, CDC data reveal

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/healt...cdc/index.html
                  Read that in the Guardian today. My bet is in five years gun laws are significantly different than they are now.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

you must be a morning person, you get dumber as the day goes on

guns are NOT allowed everywhere, open your eyes, you will see signs in quite a lot of places telling you that guns are not allowed
                    gun laws haven't changed much recently, and the changes that have been made mostly restrict them, not become more lax

but keep saying stupid things, it makes your position weaker

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    My bet is in five years gun laws are significantly different than they are now.
                    it's your money, but unless SC, President, and Congress are controlled by the same party, my money is on it is not likely there will be significant change
                    Last edited by pokechecker; 12-13-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Alright. So the constitution gives you the right to have a gun because you're here to protect the country...and the country is not asking you to go to the border. Fair enough. So we don't need to take your gun away because you're available to execute on your constitutional duty.

Yet you'd be incompetent as militia - in addition to being a general danger to society (as hard statistics discussed here show). The coast guard and national guard devote serious time to make sure they can execute defensive operations like those on the border. You need to start spending your saturdays so you can successfully participate in the country's defense. Afterall, that's why your rights are protected.

Plus the constitution doesn't protect your rights to put fellow Americans at risk and so you can execute your duties without carrying guns around on a daily basis. No more carry. It sounds like we've reached an agreement here.
                      By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
                      Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
                      Here once the embattled farmers stood
                      And fired the shot heard round the world.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

open your eyes, you will see signs in quite a lot of places telling you that guns are not allowed
                        gun laws haven't changed much recently, and the changes that have been made mostly restrict them, not become more lax
                        You have to admit...at least you're consistent.

"It is “indisputably true” that there have been far more new laws that loosen gun restrictions than tighten them, said Michael Hammond, the legislative counsel at Gun Owners of America, a Virginia-based “no compromise” gun lobbying organization. By the NRA’s count, governors since 2013 have enacted 382 “pro-gun” bills — many widely expanding access to firearms."

Hundreds of New State Gun Laws: Most Expand Access

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...-expand-access
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

You have to admit...at least you're consistent.

"It is “indisputably true” that there have been far more new laws that loosen gun restrictions than tighten them, said Michael Hammond, the legislative counsel at Gun Owners of America, a Virginia-based “no compromise” gun lobbying organization. By the NRA’s count, governors since 2013 have enacted 382 “pro-gun” bills — many widely expanding access to firearms."

Hundreds of New State Gun Laws: Most Expand Access

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...-expand-access
                          After about 2 posts I decided to scroll by any posts by this person. There is reasoned (loosely used) debate and there is batsh1t crazy....

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            It's throwing money at the problem. Take cholera as an example. Do you vaccinate the people against cholera or get rid of the thit in the water?
                            How bout you do both?
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
                              Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
                              Here once the embattled farmers stood
                              And fired the shot heard round the world.
                              Guns in private hands kill as many Americans every 5 years - as the total of all Americans that died in the whole US Revolutionary war. Guns kill 4 times as many Americans every year - as Revolutionary soldiers were killed in the whole Revolutionary war. https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/th...ers-1600199390

The next time the British invade, available guns will hopefully make up for lost ground.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

three times as man people die in car accidents each year as die from gun violence, you can google it from your own source

twice as many people die from suicide than they do from violence by gun
                                and in London, every other day there is a knifing, and then there is the throw acid in the face thing

it appears that we are just increasingly having crazier and crazier people running around, probably leftie lunatics that discover their world does not work according to their theories

if I wanted to Kill 5MN Major, it would be far easier to track him down at a Gopher hockey game, slit his throat when nobody is around and disappear into the crowd
                                I could do it during intermission as he walks by, far more likely to get away with it than if I used a gun which would immediately draw the police

Comment

Working...
                                X