X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    And us LGBT folks.

The only rights anyone deserves are rights for the unborn, and then for rich, white, cisgender male, heterosexual, Christian, conservative Republicans. That is, according to rich, white, cisgender male, heterosexual, Christian, conservative Republicans.

The only thing I got left is "white," and I believe in God, but not the Sky Terrorist Evangelicals believe in.
    I've got white, cisgender male, and heterosexual but the GOP and their Fundy freaks can eat a big ol' bag of d-cks.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      joe -- I usually take your posts with a grain of salt and treat them as someone presenting the respectable opposition to many of my opinions.

Upon reading the above post, I literally felt like I'd been punched in the gut. Your proposition would take away the rights of millions of women without their consent. You've told them, "I think of you as breeders, not as humans." Literally as an object. I cannot describe to you what that feels like other than as I did above.

I do not want to honestly believe you'd be so glib if we were having this debate face to face (at least I can only hope).

There isn't an agenda or response to your post that I can formulate.
      Ewe - we have a fundamental difference of opinion and belief. I cannot countenance the willful murder of an unborn child - frequently by brutal means.

It's that simple.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Ewe - we have a fundamental difference of opinion and belief. I cannot countenance the willful murder of an unborn child - frequently by brutal means.

It's that simple.
        But once the child is born, fark 'em. That's the position of your party.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

It's that simple.
          It’s cool if an actual person dies from lack of medical care though

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

It's that simple.
            Million ways to make that number go down and you guys always pick the least effective way.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Scooby, those guys think telling a bunch of horny teenagers to not do it is always the answer.

Then they probably go to local Christian schools and pass out Promise or Purity rings.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Scooby, those guys think telling a bunch of horny teenagers to not do it is always the answer.

Then they probably go to local Christian schools and pass out Promise or Purity rings.
                It hasn't worked for the last 10000 years of human existence, but I got a good feelin' about 2019!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  But once the child is born, fark 'em. That's the position of your party.
                  And joe, I can't sit here and abide while your party constantly accuses my community of being bathroom rapists. I can't sit here and abide while your party loses their excrement when two men or two women kiss. I can't sit here and abide while constantly hearing "I respect you, just not your lifestyle." I can't sit here and abide while your party denies same-sex parents the right to adopt, because of "THE CHILDREN!" I can't sit here and abide while your party screams "RELIGIOUS LIBERTY!" while taking away MY liberty.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    And joe, I can't sit here and abide while your party constantly accuses my community of being bathroom rapists. I can't sit here and abide while your party loses their excrement when two men or two women kiss. I can't sit here and abide while constantly hearing "I respect you, just not your lifestyle." I can't sit here and abide while your party denies same-sex parents the right to adopt, because of "THE CHILDREN!" I can't sit here and abide while your party screams "RELIGIOUS LIBERTY!" while taking away MY liberty.
                    You exaggerate, but it fits the narrative. *I* have no compulsion to interfere with any non abusive choice of partners.

And I cannot abide your party that wants to kill the unborn until they're born.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Regardless of what joe was trying to do it is one of the issues that keeps getting Republicans elected to office. And, what's sad about it is there are a million things that we could be doing (supported by Democrats) to reduce the number of abortions in this country and the Republicans support none of them.
                      I would feel a helluva lot better if they were willing to care for the result of the pregnancy or even fund the medical care for the woman- both of which the GOP has actively been trying to stymie.

It's that simple.
                      Please respond to the post below. I cannot countenance the incongruity of what you are advocating. I would very much like to understand your thought process that allows you to do that. (not flaming. I really am curious how you reconcile these views with what I believe Jesus is calling us to do.)

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      OK, this makes no sense to me. If you believe in the sanctity of life than how is what you wrote congruent? If you are 'requiring' the woman carrying the child, to do so you are forcing her to give part of herself, without choice, to sustain the pregnancy. How is this different than requiring the father to donate an organ to sustain the life? Not flaming here. I can't figure out how you can simply say no to the father when you feel the woman should have no choice.

As to the 'trade' this also makes no sense. If you believe, as a Christian, that abortion is wrong I can get that. I might not agree with your absoluteness (I think prevention is a better way to decrease it happening- like access to free birth control and real education which actually decreases sexual activity) but I can respect it. I do not get the willingness to say it is OK to have no gun control because you want abortion to stop. I cannot see Jesus thinking it was OK to trade one set of lives for another. Reading it again, the Jesus I imagine would be horrified with what you wrote. If you are a Believer then why would you not have belief that advocating for both things would be the correct course?

This is something that really confounds me when people say their religion motivates them to advocate for certain policies. How do you cherry pick saying you can't sanction murder but then write you are OK if people get shot? Why is it OK to tell a woman what to do with her body but it is not OK or not on the radar screen to make it so folk can't kill people who are already born?

Comment

*I* have no compulsion to interfere with any non abusive choice of partners.
                        But you have no problem with those that do...

Comment

This is technically a mass shooting because it's 3 or more people, never mind they were breaking into the dude's house... https://www.worldtribune.com/4-peopl...-shoots-all-4/

More should be like this guy defending his castle. Not going out on rampages.

Comment

5 dead after shooting at Florida bank

But now's not the time to talk about that...

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              5 dead after shooting at Florida bank

But now's not the time to talk about that...
                              Shooter taken alive. Must be a white dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Shooter taken alive. Must be a white dude.
                                And a disturbed person who acted alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X