This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Can anyone link to Nancy's call to grab the guns? I must have missed that story.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Can anyone link to Nancy's call to grab the guns? I must have missed that story.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I see. Flaggy doesn't understand the difference between a hypothetical example of why something is a bad idea and an actual call for something. I guess that's one of the many subtleties of social interactions he can't quite comprehend.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

I see. Flaggy doesn't understand the difference between a hypothetical example of why something is a bad idea and an actual call for something. I guess that's one of the many subtleties of social interactions he can't quite comprehend.
          Why would he or anyone else in the 35%? They don't understand anything. They need to become the new minority in this country instead of the ruling class, which is what they've been since about 1980.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Careful, my job is drug-tested, so in that case, so should welfare... (yes, I'm being a jerk right now).
            Feeling philosophical and this got me thinking.

I get the feeling that people are mooching off the system. I also get the whole libertarian thing about people should be able to have personal freedom. In medicine you don't do a test unless you have a plan when you get a result. Have seen this floated but haven't seen too many people talk about how they envision it would work.

We do the test and then what? Feel righteous because we caught them? Do we feel the same way if the person isn't treating their diabetes, cancer, depression, anxiety, cholesterol, blood pressure? Should we test for them too? If they aren't taking care of themselves they can cost money too. Every one of these things caused by a medical condition (including addiction). Theoretically every one of them is not curable but is treatable. Not one of them is manageable without help when you are without means.

So if they test then what? Denying these people benefits without a plan doesn't help if the cost is shifted to other public entities (healthcare, court systems, effects on families that then access more services....)Substances cause all sorts of dysfunction in relationships, in some cases impairs the person's ability to work, make good decisions and causes harm and risk to those around them. It definitely can cause all sorts of health risks. This stuff will happen without treatment.

If we were smart (we are not) we would look at this a medical problem and be trying to handle it in a way that prevents and treats. We don't. We cut education. We let insurance plans avoid coverage or cover so little it almost guarantees failure. We don't have beds or program slots for treatment. We do things like fight programs that provide for increased safety and medical support that other countries have seen success with- injection sites improve percentage of those seeking treatment, continuing treatment when incarcerated decreases death from OD or recidivism at release....

(I have students who are working at a substance use clinic. Holistic treatment provided could be an audiovisual aid for how it can work and the stories before they got there are case studies in how hard it is for people to get help, succeed)

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              And how would that work? Would the democratic president declare martial law or something? I don’t agree with the border decision, but it’s pretty clean to redirect money into building a wall. I’m not quite sure what the equivalent move would be to solve the gun epidemic.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                And how would that work? Would the democratic president declare martial law or something? I don’t agree with the border decision, but it’s pretty clean to redirect money into building a wall. I’m not quite sure what the equivalent move would be to solve the gun epidemic.
                Spend the money to round up guns? Seems pretty equal to me- this wall is NOT a military installation to change money to.

Or at a BARE minimum, spend money on real gun research to determine what can be restricted. Lest we forget, the "assault weapons ban" was Constitutional. So you can just re-instate that.

Comment

I do.

Actually have a national computerized registry instead of that joke of a paper filing cabinet system we have because of the NRA.

Comment

And how would that work? Would the democratic president declare martial law or something?
                    Yes, that's exactly what we're going to do, you pathetic Fark Independentâ„¢ concern troll.

Christ, you and Flaggy are in a symbiotic relationship in which one's paranoia feeds off the other's.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Yes, that's exactly what we're going to do, you pathetic Fark Independent[emoji769] concern troll.

Christ, you and Flaggy are in a symbiotic relationship in which one's paranoia feeds off the other's.
                      they are both good at trolling you, so they have that going for them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

It's not a hypothetical when you've been trying to do it for decades. I seem to recall you tried to do it through UN treaty to subvert the Constitution when Obama was in power, but didn't have 2/3rd of the Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          It's not a hypothetical when you've been trying to do it for decades. I seem to recall you tried to do it through UN treaty to subvert the Constitution when Obama was in power, but didn't have 2/3rd of the Senate.
                          Are any gun owners actually participating in a public sanctioned militia?

There are practically no Constitutional gun owners. And no, being a continuous risk to innocents does not count.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Are any gun owners actually participating in a public sanctioned militia?

There are practically no Constitutional gun owners. And no, being a continuous risk to innocents does not count.
                            The real magic word for the reply- Please Cite your evidence. And Alex Jones does not count. BBC, Al Jezera, CBC, etc. Heck, I wonder if you could even find evidence via Fox news.

The fact that people are of such weak mind that they believe it if they hear one person say it is scary. Not independent enough to look it up on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              they are both good at trolling you, so they have that going for them.
                              Which is nice...?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                The real magic word for the reply- Please Cite your evidence. And Alex Jones does not count. BBC, Al Jezera, CBC, etc. Heck, I wonder if you could even find evidence via Fox news.

The fact that people are of such weak mind that they believe it if they hear one person say it is scary. Not independent enough to look it up on their own.
                                His source is deeeeeeeerp: https://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...could-give-un/

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X