X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Not everyone needs a gun. I don't need one, therefore I don't have one. If this particular person thought they needed a gun, they should have been RESPONSIBLE enough to maintain the ownership of a gun. They did not. They should be banned from ever owning a gun.

I have never thought that everyone NEEDS a gun. I think that anyone, who is RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO OWN A GUN, should be able to have a gun. There's the difference.

To wt: my brother has a gun in a gun safe, by his bedside. Punch in a code, which takes seconds, pop in the clip, good to go. NO ONE knows the code (not even his fiancee) except for him.
    Ok, then help stop the fear mongering, which reduces the number of people who carelessly buy a gun when they don't need one.

Crime is down, and all we do is make people more scared. Immigration is down and all we do is make people scared. Heck, we call it an invasion.

What you say sounds good, but the people you are defending are doing everything they can to counter it and suggest that everyone get a gun. Remember, other than "thoughts and prayers" the reaction to every single mass shooting is "arm more people".

We don't need more guns, we need less.

Comment

I've been consistent on my gun views, which do not support the fear-mongering. If one doesn't interpret those views in that manner, there is nothing I can do about that.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I've been consistent on my gun views, which do not support the fear-mongering. If one doesn't interpret those views in that manner, there is nothing I can do about that.
        Are you ever going to stand up against the NRA when they suggest more people get guns??? I don't recall you ever doing that. Just the typical, and useless, thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Are you ever going to stand up against the NRA when they suggest more people get guns??? I don't recall you ever doing that. Just the typical, and useless, thoughts and prayers.
          You mean like when I agreed that the NRA is worthless, and that I don't agree with any of their stances, and they are a shell of what they started out to be?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You mean like when I agreed that the NRA is worthless, and that I don't agree with any of their stances, and they are a shell of what they started out to be?
            We will see next time...

Comment

But you do. You think everyone should go out and buy a semi-automatic to protect their home (even though all the stats say that is pointless, and you or a kid in your home is more likely to get shot then any intruder).

That's agreeing with the NRA.

Me. Ban every ****ing semi-auto in the country. Now. Start a vigorous campaign against gun violence. Start emptying the prisons of minimal drug offenders and start throwing violent gun offenders in and throw away the key.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                But you do. You think everyone should go out and buy a semi-automatic to protect their home (even though all the stats say that is pointless, and you or a kid in your home is more likely to get shot then any intruder).

That's agreeing with the NRA.

Me. Ban every ****ing semi-auto in the country. Now. Start a vigorous campaign against gun violence. Start emptying the prisons of minimal drug offenders and start throwing violent gun offenders in and throw away the key.
                You are really trying to connect dots that are not there, blinded by your Banz The Gunz stance. Read my previous post about not everyone needs to have a gun because bad guys are gonna get ya. If I thought that, I'd own a gun myself.

Comment

You are really trying to connect dots that are not there, blinded by your Banz The Gunz stance. Read my previous post about not everyone needs to have a gun because bad guys are gonna get ya. If I thought that, I'd own a gun myself.
                  No, you're wrong. Scooby knows what you mean; you don't.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    No, you're wrong. Scooby knows what you mean; you don't.

IALTO. Twisting meanings is what he does.

Comment

IALTO. Twisting meanings is what he does.
                      Oh, really. I twist meanings. Sure, sure thing. Just like all the lies I post all the time.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Oh, really. I twist meanings. Sure, sure thing. Just like all the lies I post all the time.
                        Naw, you don't post lies. I'll attest to that.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          Ok, then help stop the fear mongering, which reduces the number of people who carelessly buy a gun when they don't need one.

Crime is down, and all we do is make people more scared. Immigration is down and all we do is make people scared. Heck, we call it an invasion.

What you say sounds good, but the people you are defending are doing everything they can to counter it and suggest that everyone get a gun. Remember, other than "thoughts and prayers" the reaction to every single mass shooting is "arm more people".

We don't need more guns, we need less.
                          Of course you're full on correct.

Yet to clarify, where it matters is on the streets. If someone wants to have a gun safe six inches from their sleeping head...that's not what I'd call normal, but that's their own deal. But the danger is when they walk around crowded streets with their finger on a trigger.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Of course you're full on correct.

Yet to clarify, where it matters is on the streets. If someone wants to have a gun safe six inches from their sleeping head...that's not what I'd call normal, but that's their own deal. But the danger is when they walk around crowded streets with their finger on a trigger.
                            I disagree to a point. Their kids could find it. Things get a little heated during a domestic dispute. That unsecured gun is at the ready. Even worse, someone breaks in and takes that unsecured gun, etc etc. That's simply not responsible gun ownership.

Comment

I disagree to a point. Their kids could find it. Things get a little heated during a domestic dispute. That unsecured gun is at the ready. Even worse, someone breaks in and takes that unsecured gun, etc etc. That's simply not responsible gun ownership.
                              OK, can we agree that the availability of guns is just bad? The question of whether...its worse to risk the lives of gun owners children vs. those of innocent children minding their own business on the streets...is probably a debate not worth having.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                OK, can we agree that the availability of guns is just bad? The question of whether...its worse to risk the lives of gun owners children vs. those of innocent children minding their own business on the streets...is probably a debate not worth having.
                                The availability is part of the issue (I've mentioned additional restrictions in the past); the irresponsibility is a big part of the issue, also.

Comment

Working...
                                X