X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I have no problem with him making a Parkland joke -- that's exactly the sort of thing a great comic could make into a great joke.
    "You’re not interesting because you went to a high school where kids got shot. Why does that mean I have to listen to you? F--- you, "

Sorry Kep, but this is a case that says more about your taste than about him. CKL is just a POS for attacking children who are trying to save lives.
    Last edited by 5mn_Major; 01-05-2019, 08:18 AM.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

"You're in a chair in the sky" is one of those routines that captures the ethos of an entire period. I want that in a time capsule for the Trisolarians to find:
      I first heard him do that on (Leno?) and absolutely loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        "You’re not interesting because you went to a high school where kids got shot. Why does that mean I have to listen to you? F--- you, "

Sorry Kep, but this is a case that says more about your taste than about him. CKL is just a POS for attacking children who are trying to save lives.
        The outrageous wrongness of the joke is not the problem. The problem is that joke doesn't work.
        Last edited by Kepler; 01-05-2019, 08:49 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The problem is snowflakes don't find things funny when it is something they care about. (On both sides).

You might not think the joke is funny but there is nothing wrong with the content. George Carlin said way worse...

If CK hadnt torpedoed his career by being a disgusting creep 3/4 of the people offended by this home wouldn't even care.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Louis C.K. still has a career?
            Yes, because there are still people that out there that can see the differnce between a joke and a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              I will forever love his, "White people have it great", "Suck a bag of dicks" and, "Of course, but maybe" bits among others. Though not sure anything tops Ricky Gervais' AIDS flyer routine.
              His "my daughter is an a-hole" bit was great, and same with "Know what word I hate? The N-Word. No, not n****r, 'The N-Word'" bit.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The outrageous wrongness of the joke is not the problem.
                Oh the 'joke' was indeed wrong, as are those about the disabled and child molestation. CKL's not George Carlin. He's Tucker Carlson. But he dupes a minority of people because he wears a smile.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Oh the 'joke' was indeed wrong, as are those about the disabled and child molestation. CKL's not George Carlin. He's Tucker Carlson. But he dupes a minority of people because he wears a smile.
                  I agree CK is not Carlin. Hell, who is?

There is a doc out there called "The Last Laugh" that explores how far can humor go? Are there lines not to be crossed? It mainly discusses Holocaust/Nazi humor, but touches on some other subjects, too. Very good documentary.

The point is, the more off-limits a subject is, the funnier the joke has to be. Apparently, CK's shooting joke wasn't that funny to begin with, therefore the tasteless lines followed suit.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Whys it wrong? Because you say it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      The problem is snowflakes don't find things funny when it is something they care about.
                      I guess people who don't like holocaust jokes are snowflakes.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        I agree CK is not Carlin. Hell, who is?

There is a doc out there called "The Last Laugh" that explores how far can humor go? Are there lines not to be crossed? It mainly discusses Holocaust/Nazi humor, but touches on some other subjects, too. Very good documentary.

The point is, the more off-limits a subject is, the funnier the joke has to be. Apparently, CK's shooting joke wasn't that funny to begin with, therefore the tasteless lines followed suit.
                        It wasnt that funny because its not a finished joke. Comedians work clubs like the Cellar to workout their material. Stuff you see in specials is a finished project

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          I guess people who don't like holocaust jokes are snowflakes.
                          I thought people from the holocaust were snowflakes

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
                            There are very wrong jokes that are also very funny. Depends on your sense of humor. The aforementioned Aristocrats joke is SOOOOOO wrong, but I find it hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
                              Why would hundreds of political media outlets carry a full story on that single statement? Because it was funny?
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Oh the 'joke' was indeed wrong, as are those about the disabled and child molestation.
                                As a former civil rights attorney married to a public defender, never come to our home or you'll be triggered in less than 5 minutes by disabled and child molester jokes.

Comment

Working...
                                X