X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    That depends upon the person. The 70yo guy keeps a loaded pistol on him most of the time he's out of the house and working because his business is based upon collectibles. For whatever reason (probably taxes, my bet), that industry is made up of mostly cash transactions, so he's carrying around thousands of dollars at any given time he's working.
    And there lies the problem and why safes are not the answer.

Your 70 yo collector puts countless innocents around him in danger by carrying a gun. He feel he needs to do this because everyone else can easily get a gun and that puts everyone around them in danger. And death can easily get set in motion by common anger or even a simple misunderstanding. The solution is tied to the guns themselves.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      It's understandable if you are a natural target, because people know who you are and what you do.

It's not if you are some random person heading to the store.

It's irritating when you live in an area where guns are so rampant that the gas stations have a risk of someone taking your car, but at least it's understandable.

It's not when people see that, and assume that it will happen to them, in some rural area 1000s of miles from the closest area where car jacking happens.

So, yes, it does depend. But the open question are the irrational that think they are in constant danger when they are very, very, very far from it- and still insist on packing heat.
      I am in very much agreement of the bolded. If I lived in the bad part of North Mpls, South Side Chicago, East St Lou....one will have that problem. I don't like it, but I understand it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Keeping a loaded firearm under your bed is not normal. Safe or no safe.
        Whew ... mine's in a safe, but a round is not chambered so under ND law not "loaded".
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The guy who shot the bus driver on 35w feared for his life? Oh GTFO.
          I can’t read article but looks like he’s out on bail. Sure this guy isn’t a danger at all.
          Road rage should always result in shooting someone.

http://m.startribune.com/charges-exp...ver/505507232/

Comment

I watched the video. The guy is ****ing nuts.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              I heard that in media today also.

Um.
              No.
              Even if the bus had cut him off in traffic (and he had felt threatened that instant) the bus was now stopped and the "immediate fear" was gone.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Guns v grief: inside America’s deadliest cultural chasm

Guns just point out an obvious reality. The entire practice of constitutional law in the US is an absurdity. It gives absolute significance to meanings that have long since vanished into history. Jefferson himself believed it was the “solemn opportunity” of every generation to update the constitution “every 19 or 20 years”. Before Trump, and anything he may or may not have done, there was already a constitutional crisis. There is no way to govern effectively when your foundational document is nonsensical and you worship it anyway. Look at what happens when you base your gun policy on the writings of a bunch of guys who had never seen an integrated cartridge, never mind an automatic weapon. You get mass murder nine days out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Well, it works for every cop who shoots an unarmed black man, why not this dude?

Comment

On the anniversary of the MSDHS school shooting, news companies are running stories about school shootings...
                    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/us/sc...rnd/index.html

(CNN)In the year since a troubled teen gunned down 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, shootings have continued at schools across America.

Since Parkland, by CNN's count, there have been at least 31 incidents at K-12 schools in the United States in which someone was shot. That averages out to a shooting every 11.8 days.

In those shootings 19 people were killed and another 44 were injured.

"School shooting has become a cultural thing in the United States," says Mike Clumpner, president of Threat Suppression, a security consulting company that specializes in active-shooter response.

The parameters CNN followed in this count are:
                    *Shooting must involve at least one person being shot (not including the shooter)
                    *Shooting must occur on school property, which includes but is not limited to buildings, fields, parking lots, stadiums and buses
                    *We included gang violence, fights and domestic violence, but our count is not limited to those categories
                    *We included the accidental discharge of a firearm as long as the first two parameters are met -- except when the sole shooter is a law enforcement or security officer
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Reset the counter again, a shooting at a business in Aurora, IL...https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/act...ois/index.html

I'm sure the moron will suggest more get guns....

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        Reset the counter again, a shooting at a business in Aurora, IL...https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/act...ois/index.html

I'm sure the moron will suggest more get guns....
                        Stan Mikita's Donuts?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Stan Mikita's Donuts?
                          Mama. Just killed a man.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Mama. Just killed a man.
                            I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack.

(Seems relevant to the thread.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack.

(Seems relevant to the thread.)
                              That's a nice pull. Kudos.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So five trained officers wounded? Too bad more civilians there weren’t packing at work to step in and save the day

Comment

Working...
                                X