X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    But you do. You think everyone should go out and buy a semi-automatic to protect their home...
    I don't ever recall him making that argument and just got done saying he doesn't think everyone needs a gun. There are legitimate reasons to question Brent on this subject but at least go after his actual words, Scooby.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I don't ever recall him making that argument and just got done saying he doesn't think everyone needs a gun. There are legitimate reasons to question Brent on this subject but at least go after his actual words, Scooby.
      *sigh*

In the US we now think people with guns under their bed, loaded (safe or not) is normal. I find this abnormal and I fine anyone who thinks it's normal to be complicit in thinking a "gun" is a need item.

Perhaps a leap too far but the way things are trending (a security guard just shot up a school bus in Minneapolis) I feel I'm on solid ground.
      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 02-06-2019, 12:16 PM.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        *sigh*

In the US we now think people with guns under their bed, loaded (safe or not) is normal. I find this abnormal and I fine anyone who thinks it's normal to be complicit in thinking a "gun" is a need item.

Perhaps a leap too far but the way things are trending (a security guard just shot up a school bus in Minneapolis) I feel I'm on solid ground.
        Thank god that guy had a gun so he could shoot at the bus. Bless him

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Thank god that guy had a gun so he could shoot at the bus. Bless him
          Got the bus driver. Fortunately only one kid on the bus and did not get hit.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota...t-man-arrested
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

*sigh*

You missed the part where I said that was irresponsible and that owner should be banned from owning a gun. Irresponsible does not equal normal in my book.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

In the US we now think people with guns under their bed, loaded (safe or not) is normal.
              I don't think it's normal. Everywhere except for the actual frontier, as in, bears in your backyard, guns are a class marker, like smoking -- they're for people who dropped out of school having absorbed none of it. In the South that's a majority.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                You missed the part where I said that was irresponsible and that owner should be banned from owning a gun. Irresponsible does not equal normal in my book.
                No, you think if there is a safe it's normal. That would be responsible. Both cases are abnormal.

Comment

No, you think if there is a safe it's normal. That would be responsible. Both cases are abnormal.
                  I married into a family that has a proliferation of two professions - lawyers and law enforcement officers (county and city levels, mostly). Two things I've noted: 1) For anybody under 70yo, gun safes and trigger locks are normal. 2) The one who's over 70yo, he has his weapons and ammo stored in a locked room, away from the grandchildren. No, situation #2 isn't the safest should his home be burglarized, but it's keeping the kids safer while they're in the house.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I married into a family that has a proliferation of two professions - lawyers and law enforcement officers (county and city levels, mostly). Two things I've noted: 1) For anybody under 70yo, gun safes and trigger locks are normal. 2) The one who's over 70yo, he has his weapons and ammo stored in a locked room, away from the grandchildren. No, situation #2 isn't the safest should his home be burglarized, but it's keeping the kids safer while they're in the house.
                    That's fine.

Keeping a loaded firearm under your bed is not normal. Safe or no safe.

Comment

#2 also isn't the safest given human nature. The only difference between many "responsible" gun owners and "irresponsible" gun owners is one **** up.

Comment

That's fine.

Keeping a loaded firearm under your bed is not normal. Safe or no safe.
                        And where have people here have said it's normal?
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What I don't understand is why its normal for gun owners to keep their guns safely locked in a half ton safe...but its also normal for them to feel they must pack heat when they run up to buy toilet paper.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            What I don't understand is why its normal for gun owners to keep their guns safely locked in a half ton safe...but its also normal for them to feel they must pack heat when they run up to buy toilet paper.
                            LOL

That's a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              That depends upon the person. The 70yo guy keeps a loaded pistol on him most of the time he's out of the house and working because his business is based upon collectibles. For whatever reason (probably taxes, my bet), that industry is made up of mostly cash transactions, so he's carrying around thousands of dollars at any given time he's working.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

That depends upon the person. The 70yo guy keeps a loaded pistol on him most of the time he's out of the house and working because his business is based upon collectibles. For whatever reason (probably taxes, my bet), that industry is made up of mostly cash transactions, so he's carrying around thousands of dollars at any given time he's working.
                                It's understandable if you are a natural target, because people know who you are and what you do.

It's not if you are some random person heading to the store.

It's irritating when you live in an area where guns are so rampant that the gas stations have a risk of someone taking your car, but at least it's understandable.

It's not when people see that, and assume that it will happen to them, in some rural area 1000s of miles from the closest area where car jacking happens.

So, yes, it does depend. But the open question are the irrational that think they are in constant danger when they are very, very, very far from it- and still insist on packing heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X