Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    it proves what we knew all along, you lefties aren't as smart as a 5th grader!
    It proves you don't understand how marginal rates work. But then, neither do any other Republicans, such as Scott walker.

Or else you and they do understand, and choose to lie about it. Neither one an attractive option.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    It proves you don't understand how marginal rates work. But then, neither do any other Republicans, such as Scott walker.

Or else you and they do understand, and choose to lie about it. Neither one an attractive option.
    They know. They also know that if they pretend they know what it means it will be harder to steal more money and add to the 23 trillion.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    They misspelled "90."
    One of my favorite posts on here ever was your, “Don’t misrepresent my positions. I want a 90% top marginal rate.” Or something to that effect when someone was trying to be sarcastic about your positions. It was hilarious.

Found it:
    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente
    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    I'm not Kepler, I don't advocate for a 90 percent estate tax.

Don't misrepresent me. I advocate a 99% estate tax.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-15-2019 at 10:27 PM.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

You have to have a decent income to run into any bracket of note.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Mook, she's not Asian.
    mookie knows!!!!!! and yet still...
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/23/most-e...0561-719164761

Mookie’s wealth tax just got a chubby

Warren comes with with a “new” mookie wealth tax.... it’s a start

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Warren comes with with a “new” mookie wealth tax.... it’s a start
    It maxes out at 2%. It's a good start, sure, but let's try 20%.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

I admittedly have zero clue how the moving parts behind this story function, but I've been chuckling at this all day.

The Internet being the Internet, he's all but been nominated for sainthood for the sheer lulz produced.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...000-2019-01-22
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

If I am reading correctly he set up a situation where his earnings would have eventually more than offset his losses but his losses came first (in fact, immediately) and the platform then forced him to cash out his earnings, at way below what they would ultimately have been, to pay for his losses. That implies that if he had had a stable reservoir of funds to draw from to cover his losses then his large earnings would have been left to come in as expected, eventually, and he'd have finished ahead.

Did I get that right?
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    If I am reading correctly he set up a situation where his earnings would have eventually more than offset his losses but his losses came first (in fact, immediately) and the platform then forced him to cash out his earnings, at way below what they would ultimately have been, to pay for his losses. That implies that if he had had a stable reservoir of funds to draw from to cover his losses then his large earnings would have been left to come in as expected, eventually, and he'd have finished ahead.

Did I get that right?
    For a box spread, everything has to go wrong in the right order. It creates OMG risk when that happens, but it's not a common thing. Just because it's not common doesn't mean you're guaranteed money. That investor clearly didn't understand that, and lost his shirt on the trade - assuming he didn't declare bankruptcy.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    For a box spread, everything has to go wrong in the right order. It creates OMG risk when that happens, but it's not a common thing. Just because it's not common doesn't mean you're guaranteed money. That investor clearly didn't understand that, and lost his shirt on the trade - assuming he didn't declare bankruptcy.
    As I understand it it wasn't even his shirt, it was the investment platform's shirt, hence why they pulled the plug.

And he may have managed to withdraw $10K before the whole thing blew up.

This is going to make the lawyers need lawyers.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Lucia Apologist

Usually when you have losses like that, the platform holds you accountable. You sign agreements stating as much.

It’s also why you don’t make naked options unless you know what you’re doing.

Verifying what we all knew. Mitch said he needed a new line of work if they couldn’t sell this.

https://www.newsandguts.com/report-t...or-investment/

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Verifying what we all knew. Mitch said he needed a new line of work if they couldn’t sell this.

That's because it was a heist. It delivered exactly what it was designed to, just like Dubya's and Reagan's thefts.

Invest in guillotine futures.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

I was thinking pitch forks, as Nick Haneuer likes to say

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Turtle Boy needs to die in a fire. He can take Ayn Rand Masturbation Boy with him.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Remember the 13k jobs Foxconn promised the State of Wisconsin and USA in return for the $4.1 Billion in exemptions and subsidies?

Remember how they announced a few weeks ago that they didn't meet their first tax break goal by hiring 80 less people than initially reported? But they were still on goal for 5k by 2020?

Yeeeeaaaahhhh... about that...

[S]pecial assistant to Foxconn’s chief executive saying that the company is considering shelving plans for a factory altogether.
    “In Wisconsin we’re not building a factory. You can’t use a factory to view our Wisconsin investment,” Louis Woo, a special assistant to Foxconn chairman Terry Gou and a key negotiator in the Wisconsin deal, told Reuters.

Bloomberg reports that Woo said there were no plans to scrap the facility altogether but that the company was reconsidering what operations might be best for the site.
    As well as the number of jobs diminishing, the type of work is changing, too. Instead of focusing on factory work, Foxconn claims it will create higher-skilled, R&D occupations. Woo told Reuters that about three-quarters of the jobs Foxconn will create in the state will be so-called “knowledge” positions.

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Remember the 13k jobs Foxconn promised the State of Wisconsin and USA in return for the $4.1 Billion in exemptions and subsidies?

Remember how they announced a few weeks ago that they didn't meet their first tax break goal by hiring 80 less people than initially reported? But they were still on goal for 5k by 2020?

rotflmao

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post

Congrats Wisconsin, looks like you got...

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

Conn'ed.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thread Information