X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Today, in Larry Kudlow has no idea what he's doing
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Ride the Trump Train
      High on cocaine
      Larry Kudlow better watch his speed

Comment

Party of less government my ***.

When the Department of Justice approved T-Mobile's purchase of Sprint, the DOJ's antitrust officials insisted T-Mobile and Sprint sell some of their assets to Dish Network in what amounts to a government attempt to micromanage the mobile industry.
        But will propping up Dish actually replace the lost competition? The answer in the short term is clearly no, because the merger remedies won't result in Dish building a nationwide network overnight. It will take at least a few years, and consumers will be stuck with three major carriers during that time. Even in the long run, Dish isn't likely to become a full-fledged nationwide competitor because Dish's plan only calls for covering 70 percent of the US population by June 2023. That could leave 100 million Americans without the option of a fourth carrier.
        And in Flyover country, Sprint/TMobile exist only as annoying commercials that air during Hannity and Tucker Carlson, as those residents are lucky to have *either* AT&T or Verizon.

I know of many places back home where either one service works, or the other, but not both simulatiously.

I also know of places back home that when you're travelling on a US highway you have zero cell coverage for miles.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Party of less government my ***.

When the Department of Justice approved T-Mobile's purchase of Sprint, the DOJ's antitrust officials insisted T-Mobile and Sprint sell some of their assets to Dish Network in what amounts to a government attempt to micromanage the mobile industry.

And in Flyover country, Sprint/TMobile exist only as annoying commercials that air during Hannity and Tucker Carlson, as those residents are lucky to have *either* AT&T or Verizon.

I know of many places back home where either one service works, or the other, but not both simulatiously.

I also know of places back home that when you're travelling on a US highway you have zero cell coverage for miles.
          "Government shouldn't be in the business of picking winners and losers in the business world" say every Rightwingnut ever, even on this board.

I'm sure they're all outraged by this.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            "Government shouldn't be in the business of picking winners and losers in the business world" say every Rightwingnut ever, even on this board.

I'm sure they're all outraged by this.
            The problem is that not only do they pick winners and losers but they also threw out the monopoly statute. Again, money is all that matters in this country.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              The problem is that not only do they pick winners and losers but they also threw out the monopoly statute. Again, money is all that matters in this country.
              For a guy who is always derisively posting "money is all that matters in this country" you spend an awful lot of time posting and complaining about people/companies unfairly acquiring financial wealth for themselves. If money doesn't matter, what do you care?
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Also, I was told Trade Wars were easy to win, yet cards keep falling from the house of cards Trump keeps trying to build regarding trade...

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  For a guy who is always derisively posting "money is all that matters in this country" you spend an awful lot of time posting and complaining about people/companies unfairly acquiring financial wealth for themselves. If money doesn't matter, what do you care?
                  Anyone else make sense of this? I can't read this statement and comment because it makes zero sense? What?
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Also used to hear a lot about how businesses and the markets don't like uncertainty in their government policies and leaders.

Don't hear much of that anymore, either.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Are you really this dense?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Also used to hear a lot about how businesses and the markets don't like uncertainty in their government policies and leaders.

Don't hear much of that anymore, either.
                        Nope.

And I saw this too. This UAW fight is going to get ugly.
                        https://www.wxyz.com/money/auto-news...contract-talks
                        September 14th is the target date.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

BP selling off all Alaska assets.

Because more uncertainty is always best.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            BP selling off all Alaska assets.

Because more uncertainty is always best.
                            Holy ****. When I was up there, I saw that logo everywhere.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Holy ****. When I was up there, I saw that logo everywhere.
                              $4 million to Alaska nonprofits. Plus their executives sit on numerous boards and a lot volunteer hours apparently too.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                $4 million to Alaska nonprofits. Plus their executives sit on numerous boards and a lot volunteer hours apparently too.
                                So, they're pulling up stakes? Does that mean Alaska will join Puerto Rico on Trump's **** list?

Comment

Working...
                                X