This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Did you know that Cellular 5G was all Trump's invention?

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

jfc
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Does it connect to Al-Gore's internet?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Whoa. Facebook to pay $5 billion fine and submit to federal oversight.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Whoa. Facebook to pay $5 billion fine
            Navel lint.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So much winning on the trade war front. A 10% tariff on different Chinese goods is being added to the existing list.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                From the CNN article:

Washington (CNN Business)President Donald Trump tweeted Thursday that he will add a new tariff on $300 billion of Chinese-made products on September 1, which would effectively put a tax on all Chinese goods coming into the United States.
                "Trade talks are continuing, and during the talks the U.S. will start, on September 1st, putting a small additional tariff of 10% on the remaining 300 billion dollars of products coming from China into our country," he tweeted.

The new tariffs could hit US consumers harder than the earlier rounds. It would tax goods like iPhones and other consumer electronics, sneakers and toys. Last year, Trump imposed tariffs on about $250 billion in Chinese-made goods, targeting industrial materials and components.
                This is insane. Absolutely insane.

Oh, and just remember, this is the same as a federal sales tax. This is going to disproportionately hit the poor.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  From the CNN article:

This is insane. Absolutely insane.

Oh, and just remember, this is the same as a federal sales tax. This is going to disproportionately hit the poor.
                  Simple. Quit buying shoes made in China.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Simple. Quit buying shoes made in China.
                    So... Go shoeless?
                    Code:

Comment

So... Go shoeless?
                      Oh no I’m sure all the shoe companies will come home for labor. Who doesn’t want to average $350 for shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Oh no I’m sure all the shoe companies will come home for labor. Who doesn’t want to average $350 for shoes
                        I've been thinking about this recently. If the rich paid their fair share and we were all paid living wages, it might work to onshore more manufacturing. If there is a downward pressure in income distribution, we could all afford to pay for stuff that isn't cheap crap made in China.

It would never happen, but I suppose I can dream.
                        Code:

Comment

I've been thinking about this recently. If the rich paid their fair share and we were all paid living wages, it might work to onshore more manufacturing. If there is a downward pressure in income distribution, we could all afford to pay for stuff that isn't cheap crap made in China.

CEOs would need to make less than 400 times their average worker.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            New Balance was championing the Chinese tariffs because they make their shoes in the USA. I remember reading an article about it this past spring.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Every trade deal we ever made needed labor protections and wage minimums for these countries workers. Bring their standard up to meet ours, rather than bring ours down to them.

Alas, never underestimate the power of greed.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

That's the thing. It's dang near impossible to do with a limited budget and/or on "Everyday use" type items. We've reached a point to where final cost trumps all.
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X