This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Student loans, and Auntie Maxine being a DuMass. https://www.newswars.com/congression...ocrisy-denial/

Comment

The best trade deficit. The biggest! It's yuge!
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

But I thought it was easy to win!!!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Economics of weed, Canadian style.

@CTVNews: Weed prices soar since legalization, illegal pot selling for half the price: StatCan http://bit.ly/2GscgWJ https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1...340288/photo/1
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

@CTVNews: Weed prices soar since legalization, illegal pot selling for half the price: StatCan http://bit.ly/2GscgWJ https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1...340288/photo/1
            Just like moonshine in the South...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I can only speak to CO, but the quality of the legal stuff is off the charts compared to the illegal. It's like comparing fast food to sit down, one is cheaper for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                I can only speak to CO, but the quality of the legal stuff is off the charts compared to the illegal. It's like comparing fast food to sit down, one is cheaper for a reason.
                so one has a set clientele. wendy's is packed for a reason
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  so one has a set clientele. wendy's is packed for a reason
                  That's exactly what I was thinking. The difference is Wendy's is legal.

But that's what I assume we're seeing: the evolution of marketing niches. It happened with booze, it'll happen with weed.

I'll bet there's also a residual culture that just won't go to the legal weed -- either they'll regard is as a sell out or they won't really trust it. It would be interesting to know whether something similar happened at the end of Prohibition. Did people keep making their own and/or keep the ahem "local economy" alive? I'll bet they did. People are funny.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This video is awesome. If only there were some way to drill this into people's heads like the lies that have been drilled for 4 decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnoL...Al1f_3aGoeVhN4
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      This video is awesome. If only there were some way to drill this into people's heads like the lies that have been drilled for 4 decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnoL...Al1f_3aGoeVhN4
                      It's fantastic. It's so clean and clear. You really would have to be a knucklehead to not get it after this.

BTW, I have seen every one of these myths propounded on the Cafe over the years.

Robert Reich is a f-cking national treasure.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        That's exactly what I was thinking. The difference is Wendy's is legal.

But that's what I assume we're seeing: the evolution of marketing niches. It happened with booze, it'll happen with weed.

I'll bet there's also a residual culture that just won't go to the legal weed -- either they'll regard is as a sell out or they won't really trust it. It would be interesting to know whether something similar happened at the end of Prohibition. Did people keep making their own and/or keep the ahem "local economy" alive? I'll bet they did. People are funny.
                        Except in this example Wendy's is the illegal choice. So at Wendy's you're paying less than you would for a much better meal, but more than you should have to pay for Wendy's because it had to be smuggled into the country and the sit down place obtained all their food legally and locally.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                          Except in this example Wendy's is the illegal choice. So at Wendy's you're paying less than you would for a much better meal, but more than you should have to pay for Wendy's because it had to be smuggled into the country and the sit down place obtained all their food legally and locally.
                          Hence the words, "the difference is."

This is an early, primitive stage in the bifurcation of the pot market into many prestige/quality niches. High pot is apparently already well served. Low pot still seeks a Lowest Possible Provider. It needs a Budweiser. There will always be a silt trap at the bottom of the market for the people who want the cheapest choice and don't give a sh-t about quality or aesthetics. There will always be homemade prison cigarettes.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 04-16-2019, 10:49 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            It's fantastic. It's so clean and clear. You really would have to be a knucklehead to not get it after this.

BTW, I have seen every one of these myths propounded on the Cafe over the years.

Robert Reich is a f-cking national treasure.
                            Those myths have been effectively drilled into everyone's skull for 4 decades. Here and everywhere. They're still drilling.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Those myths have been effectively drilled into everyone's skull for 4 decades. Here and everywhere. They're still drilling.
                              Sure, but hitherto you needed years of history, sociology, and economics to figure out it was all bullsh-t. RR has the ability to present it honestly but also clearly. 90% of the clientele of an Applebees could understand this video. That's what makes him more effective than Herbert Marcuse.

Bernie is somewhere in the middle. He hasn't figured out that dressing like a stereotypical 60s stoner professor at N.Y.U. flips a lot of brains off before he even opens his mouth. As Bill Maher said, "buy a comb."
                              Cornell University

Comment

Wow! What a simple video to explain everything. Can we donate to him to get this as a paid advertisement on FOX News?
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X