X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Continue.

Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Amazon lost 2 employees last night when an EF-1 tornado knocked down a warehouse wall in East Baltimore.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Subscribed because George Soros paid for my subscription
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ugh. Was going to buy some stocks today.

My hunch is that stocks will move based on the House (not the Senate). If the Dems take the house, stocks will float upwards for a few days. If the GOP takes the House for some reason, stocks get slammed. Let's see if I'm right.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

My hunch is that stocks will move based on the House (not the Senate). If the Dems take the house, stocks will float upwards for a few days. If the GOP takes the House for some reason, stocks get slammed. Let's see if I'm right.
          Remember how the markets reacted 2 years ago? It may be a prime buy opportunity.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Bad news for 737 MAX sales and current operators, at least in the short-term.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Bad news for 737 MAX sales and current operators, at least in the short-term.
              Didn't Airbus have a similar problem?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Remember how the markets reacted 2 years ago? It may be a prime buy opportunity.
                Yeah. Stocks up 500 so far today. Totally knew this would happen.

We'll see if the Sessions news changes the dynamic.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Didn't Airbus have a similar problem?
                  IIRC, Airbus' current concerns are with the Rolls Royce engines for the A350.

Comment

Tyson just did something with their wages.

Class 1 employees now begin at 14.90/hour (used to be $13, and my pay as of today was $14.10) and gone are the 3 month and 6 month pay bumps. Class 2, 3, 4, and 5 positions saw increases of $1.50-$2/hour, and gone are the 3 and 6 month pay bumps. The hope is it helps with retention.

As for raises on the merits, they don't do that... been there since Feb 2017, and we only get raises as a whole. Depends on how well the company does during the fiscal year.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The stock market likes a split Congress, gridlock. Why? Economic and tax policy won't, or is it can't, change much for a while.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        The stock market likes a split Congress, gridlock. Why? Economic and tax policy won't, or is it can't, change much for a while.
                        Frequently. The last time (two years) Ds had total control the markets went up 50%.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Amazon to split HQ2 between NYC and NoVA.

Covering both the sociopathic dbag bases. Perfect for them.
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-13-2018, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Amazon to split HQ2 between NYC and NoVA.

Covering both the sociopathic dbag bases. Perfect for them.
                            DC Metro broke down when it heard the news.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Food for thought

Perhaps it shouldn't be illegal, but state and local governments need to think a lot harder about the consequences, before reflexively giving away tax dollars.

Comment

Working...
                              X