This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

The same mining project that Alaskans voted against like three different times?

JFC.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Trump doesn't eat fish, so this should hardly be a surprise.
      Fan of Airplane!?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Another "Totally in line with the Trump Administration" move:

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Let's hope conservatives start bathing in Roundup to own the libs.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Let's hope conservatives start bathing in Roundup to own the libs.
            i know one conservative guy that loves that ****. One time his kids even thought it was funny to spray it at each other like a squirt gun and he only laughed about it. Claims it's "harmless to people and animals because it interferes with photosynthesis". He buys generic concentrated glyphosate at farm supply stores so he can make tons of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              i know one conservative guy that loves that ****. One time his kids even thought it was funny to spray it at each other like a squirt gun and he only laughed about it. Claims it's "harmless to people and animals because it interferes with photosynthesis". He buys generic concentrated glyphosate at farm supply stores so he can make tons of it.
              They should have chickenpox parties with it. The whole extended family. Maybe put it in the chemtrails over the red states.

Tell them it counteracts the fluoride that's turning the frogs gay.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

On the plus side these kids likely won’t be reproducing

Comment

Winning!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ameri...194900782.html

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    From the link:

And after refunds, the IRS collected about $93 billion more from individual American taxpayers than it did in 2017. Interestingly, that number stands close to the tax break amount that corporations received from the TCJA in 2018. Last year, big businesses paid $91 billion less in taxes than they had in 2017, prior to the new law’s passage.

Comment

Can someone (or lots of someones) refresh my memory about the Great Recession of '08.

Specifically, were there multiple news outlets and as much virtual ink spilled over "recession indicators" like I have seen in the last month? I feel like there really wasnt, maybe only at CNBC / Business Insider / WSJ.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this too, but it seems like the concensus when the fall happened in December 2007 was "Let the new guy deal with it," "Sink or swim moment for the Rookie," and here Trump is that drunk driver telling his buddies he's okay to drive while doing 80 down the freeway ignoring every goddammed warning light and caution sign saying "bridge out."
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Can someone (or lots of someones) refresh my memory about the Great Recession of '08.

Specifically, were there multiple news outlets and as much virtual ink spilled over "recession indicators" like I have seen in the last month? I feel like there really wasnt, maybe only at CNBC / Business Insider / WSJ.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this too, but it seems like the concensus when the fall happened in December 2007 was "Let the new guy deal with it," "Sink or swim moment for the Rookie," and here Trump is that drunk driver telling his buddies he's okay to drive while doing 80 down the freeway ignoring every goddammed warning light and caution sign saying "bridge out."
                          Here's the thing, you could be in the middle of the strongest bull market ever seen (growing economy), and there will always be negative indicators found somewhere. Some analyst will state that it spells doom and gloom for the world. We've had mixed indicators out there for most of the year, and some see those as the apocalypse coming within the next week while others see them as a longer-term issue.

The problem we have now is that this morning we saw the T-bond slip below the T-bill for yield. That's a bad sign, universally seen as one, not just by some crackpot on a USCHO thread. It means that the market sees there to be less volatility and greater economic security in the long-term than in the short-term. Trouble's a brewin'. The DOW just shed 600pts since that yield inversion took place, that's more than a 2% drop in market valuation. This one cannot be ignored by anybody with a scintilla of economic sense. The POTUS will blame Steve Jobs.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            The POTUS will blame Steve Jobs.
                            You mean Tim Apple and Jeff Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              You mean Tim Apple and Jeff Amazon.
                              No, I meant Steve Jobs, he's the guy that creates jobs for all of the US.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                No, I meant Steve Jobs, he's the guy that creates jobs for all of the US.
                                Says it right in the name, duh.

Frederick Douglas told me so.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X