This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Maybe but I think a lot of it is coming to a new culture. Imagine having to navigate highly technical work and also assimilate to a new culture. Talk about a handicap.

I doubt bright Americans would thrive if they entered the Indian economy.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Maybe but I think a lot of it is coming to a new culture. Imagine having to navigate highly technical work and also assimilate to a new culture. Talk about a handicap.

I doubt bright Americans would thrive if they entered the Indian economy.
      Language/culture barrier is an issue, to be sure, but not as big as you might think. A lot of IT workers in India go to "coding bootcamps" or ITT Tech equivalents rather than attend a proper university. The bootcamps/for-profits churn out people who know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to write production-ready code or properly interpret functional and technical requirements while considering all the consequences of their solutioning choices.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The bootcamps/for-profits churn out people who know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to write production-ready code or properly interpret functional and technical requirements while considering all the consequences of their solutioning choices.
        ^^^ this ^^^

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          ^^^ this ^^^
          So fr rage saying these were the dudes who “flew” the 737 max???

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            ^^^ this ^^^
            It's especially apparent when they get thrown into cloud platforms like Salesforce for hundreds of hours of supposedly "cheap" sys ad/dev labor, but they end up taking hours and hours just to learn the platform and rarely grasp the best practices/dos and don'ts of implementing it. So they end up doing a lot of hack work that someone else has to unravel later.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              It's especially apparent when they get thrown into cloud platforms like Salesforce for hundreds of hours of supposedly "cheap" sys ad/dev labor, but they end up taking hours and hours just to learn the platform and rarely grasp the best practices/dos and don'ts of implementing it. So they end up doing a lot of hack work that someone else has to unravel later.
              Any attempt to mess with salesforce shows high intelligence

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                People stop buying your product if it doesn't work.
                Never buy Version 1.0.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Interesting

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/09/11/...g-workers.html

Sports officials - could the Law of Unintended Consequences have this apply to them since they need to belong to an officials organization and get games from an assignor?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Interesting

Sports officials - could the Law of Unintended Consequences have this apply to them since they need to belong to an officials organization and get games from an assignor?
                    I don't think this is going to affect us.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Never buy Version 1.0.
                      And never upgrade to Version 2.0 until Patch 2 or 3 is released.

Comment

Never buy Version n.0.
                        Fixed that for you.

Wait at least for n.1. Don't be the vendor's beta test.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Interesting

No, at least not with soccer. My certification is through the USSF, same as any assignor I work through. HS and College is similar, HS I’m certified through the State Association and I work through an assignor who contracts with the schools.

Uber/Lyft/Doordash et al. all contract their drivers directly, they’re just abusing the contract worker method for their own profit.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Ending a 50-year heist.

Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Ending a 50-year heist.

Awesome post. Fantastic but very depressing graph.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                mookie, the techs in Bangalore would fail tremendously. I work with a number of them, and they are by far inferior to American and Indians techs who've migrated to the US.
                                I’ve been to Bangalore twice. The first time was to ship American jobs out of the country. The second trip was to ship them back.

Offshoring is good for repetitive, non value add activities like network monitoring, help desk, data center management, etc. Doesn’t work well where creativity and critical thinking is needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X