X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I didn't know the DeVos family was "philanthropists."

If you're going to turn plutes into compost, target Betsy first.
    There is a reason there is a building named after their family foundation on the NMU campus...
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

For those amateur economists who think Chump has China by the balls on trade, looks like (surprise) its the American consumers taking it in the shorts and not China.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1XZ2A4
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
        For those amateur economists who think Chump has China by the balls on trade, looks like (surprise) its the American consumers taking it in the shorts and not China.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1XZ2A4
        So shocking that that is the case. I really thought Trump had it all under control.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Nooo. We were told by drew that trump would be the strong man in China!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              2017 is not 2020. this drezner is a stupid
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

https://god.dailydot.com/money-diary..._recirculation

Don’t tell me we don’t tax the rich enough. And don’t tell me health care costs are out of control because of insurance and pharmaceutical companies alone.

I hope she falls and chips a tooth.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  https://god.dailydot.com/money-diary..._recirculation

Don’t tell me we don’t tax the rich enough. And don’t tell me health care costs are out of control because of insurance and pharmaceutical companies alone.

I hope she falls and chips a tooth.
                  the writer, right? not the dr.

Comment

Dump's SNAP cut is going to eviscerate his base. Thoughts and prayers.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 12-11-2019, 02:38 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Dump's SNAP cut is going to eviscerate this base. Thoughts and prayers.
                      They voted for it. I wish it had happened sooner. By the time they feel the pain a nice Democrat in the White House will have fixed it.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        They voted for it. I wish it had happened sooner. By the time they feel the pain a nice Democrat in the White House will have fixed it.
                        Why fix it?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Why fix it?
                          Because it's insanity and expensive to do it the way the Republicans want to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Because it's insanity and expensive to do it the way the Republicans want to do it.
                            It’ll be fine... the all have guns. They can get what they need whenever they want it now.

Comment

Democrats seem to be pushing the SALT cap repeal in 2020. Here's my question. Who does it hurt the most?

Is a SALT cap repeal regressive? Seems like studies (and common sense) show that a repeal would disproportionately benefit the wealthy. On the other hand, it was a clear attack on the high-tax blue states. So what should the push be? Help the states but benefit the rich disproportionately?

I know this isn't an entirely binary decision here. We should push to remove the cap and raise taxes on the rich. But that's almost out of the question with the GOP in control of the Senate and White House.

Edit: I suppose, RTFM, dummy.

https://news.bloombergta*****/daily-...year-democrats

"The bill would be paid for by raising the top income tax rate to 39.6% from 37%..."

There's also this:
                              "One option would be to raise the cap to $15,000 or $20,000 for three years, Pascrell said. The measure will also fix the SALT marriage penalty, he said. Under the law, a single person is subject to the same deduction cap as a married couple, while unmarried couples filing separately can each deduct up to $10,000. "

WHich should be fixed regardless. How ****ing stupid is that? Just bad law.
                              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-11-2019, 02:33 PM.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Democrats seem to be pushing the SALT cap repeal in 2020. Here's my question. Who does it hurt the most?

Is a SALT cap repeal regressive? Seems like studies (and common sense) show that a repeal would disproportionately benefit the wealthy. On the other hand, it was a clear attack on the high-tax blue states. So what should the push be? Help the states but benefit the rich disproportionately?

I know this isn't an entirely binary decision here. We should push to remove the cap and raise taxes on the rich. But that's almost out of the question with the GOP in control of the Senate and White House.

Edit: I suppose, RTFM, dummy.

https://news.bloombergta*****/daily-...year-democrats

"The bill would be paid for by raising the top income tax rate to 39.6% from 37%..."

There's also this:
                                "One option would be to raise the cap to $15,000 or $20,000 for three years, Pascrell said. The measure will also fix the SALT marriage penalty, he said. Under the law, a single person is subject to the same deduction cap as a married couple, while unmarried couples filing separately can each deduct up to $10,000. "

WHich should be fixed regardless. How ****ing stupid is that? Just bad law.
                                The entire tax code is bad law. It needs to be torn all the way down and brought back up again. Snowballs have better chances surviving in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X