X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes, both. And it's still not far enough.
    70/2 now. 90/50 later.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

US deficit now over 22 Trillion

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        How can one spend $22 trillion more than they make in a year??
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          you mean debt

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            you mean debt
            Yep. **** jet lag

Comment

How the US Economy and Tax System really works.

This is how the whole scheme functions. Imagine a table with 3 people - a billionaire, a blue collar worker and a mexican. there are 10 cookies. The billionaire takes 9 and tells the blue collar: "hey! the mexican is going to eat your cookie!"
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

White people have more in common with colored people than they do with rich people
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...=NEWSSTAND0001

This isn’t a worrying sign. Not at all.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Car loans are an interesting problem. I'm kind of in the market for a new car, so in the evening I'll frequently surf through car dealership sites. The loan companies affiliated with GM or Ford are actively pushing 84 month loans. Seven years is a long time for a car loan. I remember when I first heard of a five year loan and thought that was crazy. It's not like a house. In seven years there is a good chance that something bad will happen to that car, whether it's an accident, or it just stops working or whatever, and people are going to walk away from loans when they are upside down on the car.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I find student debt to be the bigger problem. This, however, is not good.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Car loans are an interesting problem. I'm kind of in the market for a new car, so in the evening I'll frequently surf through car dealership sites. The loan companies affiliated with GM or Ford are actively pushing 84 month loans. Seven years is a long time for a car loan. I remember when I first heard of a five year loan and thought that was crazy. It's not like a house. In seven years there is a good chance that something bad will happen to that car, whether it's an accident, or it just stops working or whatever, and people are going to walk away from loans when they are upside down on the car.
                        Yeah, that's like offering a 50-year mortgage, or more. I just don't like the idea of 84. I don't like the idea of 60. If you can't afford a car in 36, look at a different vehicle. If you can't afford a 30-year fixed mortgage, buy a smaller house.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Student debt will certainly have more effect to slow the overall economy in the long-term, but the automotive debt has the potential to hit us in the guy in the short- and mid-term timeframes. It's a milder case of the mortgage crisis that hit us in 2009.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's not that there's an assload of loans, it's that the delinquency rates are spiking. That's usually a good sign that a recession is approaching. We're already looking at a yield curve inversion coupled with lower than average tax returns and those coupled with a spike in loan delinquencies?

Winter is coming. And we have a 4-year-old at the helm.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Student debt will certainly have more effect to slow the overall economy in the long-term, but the automotive debt has the potential to hit us in the guy in the short- and mid-term timeframes. It's a milder case of the mortgage crisis that hit us in 2009.
                              I see what you guys are getting at. Can't disagree. Winter is coming.

Comment

Payless Shoes are shuttering their remaining 2,100 stores and liquidating everything.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X