D1 2018-19 scores, discussion, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D1 2018-19 scores, discussion, etc

With all the trouble that Clarkson And BC had this weekend, my first thought it the Burt and Tiley were underappreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Here's the chant: "As many goals as shots! As many goals as shots!" It was very unusual for that to get used in the 3rd period. It was awesome. At least UW took care of business, unlike the lower ranked teams to wet themselves.
      I'm pretty sure the Syracuse chant is
      One, two shots, three shots, four
      we want more

Comment

I see the Pride dropped their Taco logo for an angry kitty. I always wondered if they had someone running around the arena in a taco costume getting hugs and high fives from fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
          With all the trouble that Clarkson And BC had this weekend, my first thought it the Burt and Tiley were underappreciated.
          I don’t know about BC but I watched the Colgate-Clarkson game and the 2nd period of the Cornell game and was a bit floored with what I saw and it had nothing to do with goaltending. Think the shots were 30-10 after 2 periods against Cornell and the score was 1-1. Clarkson could not get the puck out of their end, let alone generate any offense. Hard to put your finger on it but the D seemed to want to skate the puck out and struggled doing so. Break out passes were foiled by Cornell’s relentless forecheck. Colgate did the same the previous night. They put a lot of pressure on the defense and made the best of their opportunities. I was impressed by both Colgate and Cornell and disappointed in Clarkson. It might just be the year of the WCHA! UM and UW just seem to be getting better and better every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            I don’t know about BC but I watched the Colgate-Clarkson game and the 2nd period of the Cornell game and was a bit floored with what I saw and it had nothing to do with goaltending. Think the shots were 30-10 after 2 periods against Cornell and the score was 1-1. Clarkson could not get the puck out of their end, let alone generate any offense. Hard to put your finger on it but the D seemed to want to skate the puck out and struggled doing so. Break out passes were foiled by Cornell’s relentless forecheck. Colgate did the same the previous night. They put a lot of pressure on the defense and made the best of their opportunities. I was impressed by both Colgate and Cornell and disappointed in Clarkson. It might just be the year of the WCHA! UM and UW just seem to be getting better and better every week.
            Spot on. You don't realize what a presence Savannah Harmon had on the Clarkson D, the number of minutes she played and her ability to skate the puck out of the zone. I've said this from the beginning of the season and Cornell and Colgate (And yes Yale) have finally exposed Clarkson's weakness (defense, PK and lack of scoring after the first line).
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
              i watched the Whitecap vs Pride Game that was streamed on Sunday. That was a lot of fun and really close until it wasn't...I will definitely try and see more of these games going forward. Was fun to see all the Boston girls from BC/Northeastern and everywhere else. ... Loved watching Gigi show the home crowd. Schofield's speed is undeniable. Burt was impressive as well. Makes me wonder who the Pride lost to if the could do that to the Whitecaps. These girls sure work hard in addition to working hard at their real (paying) jobs. not sure when they practice but I am betting they don't get the best ice times.
              It was an odd series. For the first two periods on Saturday, Boston had no answer for the Whitecaps' speed. Minnesota dominated the play, but I've never seen the puck bounce around in one team's crease so much without going in. Part of that was Burt, but a large part was just bad puck luck. The Pride would then capitalize on every bad Whitecaps turnover. Leveille wasn't the cause of all of the Boston goals, but you'd have liked her to stop more than she did.

Over the last four periods of the series, Boston progressively took over. They did a better job of containing Minnesota's transition game, aided by an absence of interference calls. Once the puck started going in, it just wouldn't stop, and the Whitecaps eventually surrendered. The better team won both games, but it could have been a different story if some of those early bounces had gone in for Minnesota.

Also of note, on Saturday, Dana Trivigno instigated three altercations that resulted in coincidental minors. On the first, she managed the difficult task of getting Lee Stecklein to lose her temper, or as close to it as Stecklein comes.

Comment

Good call on Trivigno…...she did get Stecklein wound up, to say the least.....I'll have to look closer, even though it's an Ipad, to see if some of the contact I liked was interference.....I guess I'm just glad to see the refs swallow their whistles here......in HE and ECAC, they just get in the way......I now they let more go out west.(good thing)

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                  Good call on Trivigno…...she did get Stecklein wound up, to say the least.....I'll have to look closer, even though it's an Ipad, to see if some of the contact I liked was interference.....I guess I'm just glad to see the refs swallow their whistles here......in HE and ECAC, they just get in the way......I now they let more go out west.(good thing)
                  Swallowing your whistle on interference ruins the game.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

BC takes an early lead on a goal by Megan Keller just 2:20 into the 1st period.
                    BC 1, Merrimack 0

Edit #1: Make that 2-0 Lonergan scores!

Edit #2: Merrimack responds to make it 1-2. Paige Voight on the power play.

Where's the defense?
                    Last edited by D2D; 12-07-2018, 01:11 PM.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Demers with a couple ridiculous stops, one was a save of the year candidate. She's the defense I guess lol
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

BC is playing very well, outshooting Merrimack 19-6 but couldn't put any more in past Demers, so the score remains 2-1 BC. Merrimack's offense all but disappeared as the period wore on, but they did put one off the crossbar about halfway in.

Comment

BC needs to stay out of the box.
                          Merrimack scores on the PP to even the score at 2-2.

Comment

Voight with a totally unnecessary penalty to put her team shorthanded by two for almost an entire two minutes. Voight's penalty could have been 5 IMO.
                            Very costly as BC takes advantage of the 5 on 3 to make it 3-2.

Comment

BC completely dominates but then manages to give up the tying goal at 3-3 when the Warriors manage to get a bit of offensive zone time. This is beginning to look familiar...

Comment

BC has no defense. Which is truly disgraceful given who they have on their blue line. About to lose or tie a game in which they had a two-goal lead again.
                                Last edited by Arafel; 12-07-2018, 04:29 PM.
                                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Working...
                                X