• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D1 2018-19 scores, discussion, etc

1-0 final, Ohio State over Wisconsin.

Comment

Minnesota goes up 1-0 on Minnesota State with a goal by Marshall.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

3-1 Northeastern leads bc after 2 periods.

Comment

The power of Oden...makes it 2-0 over Minnesota State. Oden and Heise on the 4th line...Sheesh.

Comment

bc gives up the empty net goal 4-1 final for Northeastern.

Comment

RIT defeated Syracuse for the second time this year, tonight. Score was 4-2, all different goal scorers. Syracuse and RIT now tied for third in the CHA.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                Princeton 5 Cornell 0

Very impressed with Princeton, their speed, puck handling, defense and goaltending. Fillier of Prinecton has to be considered the front runner for the ECAC Rookie of the Year. Great game today by her and her fellow Freshman line mate Connors, both with 2 goals.

Cornell took too many penalties.
                Princeton is for real. I saw them with my own eyes. The question was could they sustain that kind of play from when I saw them in Madison, the answer is yes. It excites me to see new blood in the top 8, Colgate last year and Princeton this year.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Which school is having a more disappointing season BC or Quinnipiac? Or is there a third team that should be in the mix? Surprise team of the year so far
                  RIT, Providence, Merrimack, BU or someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                    Which school is having a more disappointing season BC or Quinnipiac? Or is there a third team that should be in the mix? Surprise team of the year so far
                    RIT, Providence, Merrimack, BU or someone else?
                    There is really no contest, BC for sure. TTT and I would probably even agree on that. Surprise team? Offhand, probably Minnesota State for me.
                    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-12-2019, 10:26 AM. Reason: D3, St Anselm for both? Go Hamline!!
                    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Yeah I mean disappointment for Quinnipiac means, what, not being above .500? Darn. Disappointment for BC means expecting a title run and not even making the tournament.

NU is the surprise for me. They're a real title contender.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20

Same. I knew Mueller would help, didn’t know anything about Aurard, I think she’s from France? But I didn’t see the top four getting displaced the way it has. Would love to read a profile about Aurard before the season’s done.

Princeton a bit of a surprise too. Great season by them so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                          I knew Mueller would help, didn’t know anything about Aurard, I think she’s from France? But I didn’t see the top four getting displaced the way it has. Would love to read a profile about Aurard before the season’s done.
                          I just hope Aurard's season isn't done. That didn't look good.

It was a good example of what was said earlier in the week of HEA refs not having any feel for the game. They'll call all sorts of ticky tack nothing penalties, but then they swallow the whistle on that one. It was inadvertant, but when a player gets her skate outside her shoulders and trips an opponent with a high possibility for injury, including the risk of knee-on-knee contact, that gets called at any level.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            I agree, and in fact yesterday I went back to the first page of the Poster's Poll to see how many even had them in the Top 10 those first couple of weeks. Not very many...
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Maybe on NU, but a contender does not lose to Holy Cross. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                                Maybe on NU, but a contender does not lose to Holy Cross. Just saying.
                                Yea but they have some big wins to offset it, right?
                                Clarkson lost to Vermont last year, as well. Even contenders have bad days. I do take your point though. NU hasn’t played the best of the WCHA yet and to go deep in the tourney they will have to beat them.

Nonetheless NU at third in the polls was not expected by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X