Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Wrong. I have escaped and live in the greatest place on earth now. We actually have really decent democrats and if the democrat running for governor wins I won’t be upset at all.
    California?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Yea, we've not seen any build up of our southern crossing to Canada. And I know my former boss is a Canadian (naturalized), not a real citizen. I think they had a kid born here. Lots of that fearful stuff happening on our border to Canada, too.
      All sorts of Russians travelling here to have their kid here. I presume Red Don is ok with that.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        All sorts of Russians travelling here to have their kid here. I presume Red Don is ok with that.
        They're white.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I read the thread title and thought, "Yes, always fear Dodge minivans."
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

A good Halloween reminder.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Comment

That ad sickens me. Talk about cherry-picking. Might as well run "F The Police" music video for BLM or something. JeFFC.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  They already know how they're going to fix the deficits and the debt. Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
                  Corruption is why we have deficits. Follow the crumbs from the lobbyists to collusion from the right to game the system for the 1%.

Comment

I don't know if this will make the lose ******* street cred, but...

obviously birthright citizenship is the law of the land. Trump can't change that, and despite lies from Trump, at least 30 other countries have birthright citizenship. (But many have more restrictions than we do.)

Germany changed their law so that anyone born in Germany on or after January 1, 2000 was a German citizen if one of their parents had permanent residency status and had been living in German for at least 8 years. Prior to that you needed a German citizen parent (place of birth was not important).

I wouldn't go so far as Germany, but I think it would be reasonable to limit birthright citizenship to those born in the U.S. with at least one parent that has permanent residency status. This would stop wealthy Russians coming on travel visas and giving birth in the U.S. Of course this would require a constitutional amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      I don't know if this will make the lose ******* street cred, but...

obviously birthright citizenship is the law of the land. Trump can't change that, and despite lies from Trump, at least 30 other countries have birthright citizenship. (But many have more restrictions than we do.)

Germany changed their law so that anyone born in Germany on or after January 1, 2000 was a German citizen if one of their parents had permanent residency status and had been living in German for at least 8 years. Prior to that you needed a German citizen parent (place of birth was not important).

I wouldn't go so far as Germany, but I think it would be reasonable to limit birthright citizenship to those born in the U.S. with at least one parent that has permanent residency status. This would stop wealthy Russians coming on travel visas and giving birth in the U.S. Of course this would require a constitutional amendment.
                      One has to tread very carefully with the 14th. Much of that was to bring former slaves into the population as citizens- and many of them see this attack on the 14th as an attack on them, too.

So if one wants to change it, even for reasonable reasons, it has to be approached in a more political manner. Especially given the approvals needed for an Amendment to the Constitution.

what's interesting about this and most of the recent Pavlovian issues- all of them seem more to focus the base to a smaller and smaller group- as each additional attack distills the people who it's not attacking to a smaller and smaller group. Also, some of the attacks on various people have gotten so "much" that they are somewhat like the boy who cried wolf- more and more think it's BS, and that will lead to the opposite effect of the intention. For instance, it's ironic that R's think that the "me too" movement has gone too far, but they are the ones who are using that same thing to try to attack one of their own. Makes one really wonder about every single thing they complain about- are they the real source of the problem or not?

Comment

We're up to 15000 troops for the Caravan. And, we chant "Lock Him Up" about an African American Mayor Democratic Candidate for Governor in Florida. Axios asked the President to tone down "the enemy of the people" thing before a reporter gets shot, he refused.

And, the Republicans actually believe that no new ideas on Health Care meant that when they voted to repeal Obamacare they were protecting pre-existing conditions. I find that fascinating.

Comment

Going to be hard to overcome the folks that vote and watch on feelings instead of facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            We're up to 15000 troops for the Caravan. And, we chant "Lock Him Up" about an African American Mayor Democratic Candidate for Governor in Florida. Axios asked the President to tone down "the enemy of the people" thing before a reporter gets shot, he refused.

And, the Republicans actually believe that no new ideas on Health Care meant that when they voted to repeal Obamacare they were protecting pre-existing conditions. I find that fascinating.
                            Isn’t 15,000 like a 4 to 1 ratio of troops to migrants?
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Isn’t 15,000 like a 4 to 1 ratio of troops to migrants?
                              It's way way way more troops then we have in Syria or Afghanistan right now.

Comment

Trump uses DACA to defend his planned birthright citizenship order

President Trump told reporters Wednesday that if President Obama could "do DACA, we can do this by executive order,” referring to his plan to use an executive order to end birthright citizenship for immigrants who are not permanent residents of the U.S.
                                https://www.axios.com/trump-birthrig...0f37f2dde.html

Send the ****ing statue back to France.

Comment

Working...
                                X