NCHC 2018-2019 Season: Quest to put 4+ into Late March-April Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCHC 2018-2019 Season: Quest to put 4+ into Late March-April Dance

Need a tutorial on how the RPI is calculated, Biddco? I'm your guy.

And yes, UMD cannot catch up to SCSU in RPI, they need to stock up head-to-head wins (both at Brooks and once in St. Paul) to win the PWC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Hockey Fan View Post
      Need a tutorial on how the RPI is calculated, Biddco? I'm your guy.

And yes, UMD cannot catch up to SCSU in RPI, they need to stock up head-to-head wins (both at Brooks and once in St. Paul) to win the PWC.
      So it because SCSU has 3 more wins despite having a worse schedule? UMD would need to have more wins than they do?
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

UMD cannot catch up to them in RPI. But they can win the Pairwise comparison against St. Cloud if they go 3-0 against them between now and Selection Day. Presently they are losing the comparison 3-1. Three head-to-head wins would put UMD up 4-3. And since SCSU has already lost their comparison to Union, UMD could be higher than SCSU outright if their RPI climbs higher than UMass.

Of course, that's how pairwise is calculated, not RPI.

Comment

Go ‘Dogs!!!
          I wanna go fast!

Comment

Which one's?..lol

Comment

That was an awful call lets burn this off and settle it legit on even strength geez
              I correct my statement: put the **** whistle away! Two horribly weak penalties at the end of the game. Good job ruining a great game refs.
              Last edited by UMD21; 03-08-2019, 10:16 PM.
              I wanna go fast!

Comment

I’m f’n ****ed. Refs destroyed a what could have been great game right at the end. Penatly on SCSU was whack. Penalty on UMD should have been a make up call, not a major. Game winning goal clearly directed in with skate CBS announcers were shocked it counted. This game hardly mattered but the refs clearly took away what could have been a great game. I sure didn’t want UMD to win the game on a weak penalty against SCSU I’d “hope” some on the Huskies feel the same. F you refs. That was a 3x3 or shootout game until you decided you had to get back to your hotel
                Last edited by UMD21; 03-08-2019, 10:28 PM.
                I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                  I’m f’n ****ed. Refs destroyed a what could have been great game right at the end. Penatly on SCSU was whack. Penalty on UMD should have been a make up call, not a major. Game winning goal clearly directed in with skate CBS announcers were shocked it counted. This game hardly mattered but the refs clearly took away what could have been a great game. I sure didn’t want UMD to win the game on a weak penalty against SCSU I’d “hope” some on the Huskies feel the same. F you refs. That was a 3x3 or shootout game until you decided you had to get back to your hotel
                  Does the NCAA use the same “distinct kicking motion” as the NHL? If so, I thought the goal was probably good. I think no doubt he used his skate to redirect the puck towards the goal, but he didn’t appear to kick at it.
                  In any event, yes, a great college hockey game kinda went sideways towards the end, and the refs played a part in that. Too bad. It was fun to watch 2 teams with nothing to play for go at it with such skill and intensity

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                    Does the NCAA use the same “distinct kicking motion” as the NHL? If so, I thought the goal was probably good. I think no doubt he used his skate to redirect the puck towards the goal, but he didn’t appear to kick at it.
                    In any event, yes, a great college hockey game kinda went sideways towards the end, and the refs played a part in that. Too bad. It was fun to watch 2 teams with nothing to play for go at it with such skill and intensity
                    Seemed to be the same kind of kick you do to kick the puck up behind you towards your stick and he was definitely spotting it. Maybe they just ruled that wasn’t his intention idk. More dissappointed of the calls leading up to the goal than the goal itself.
                    Other than that it was a great game until the end. Given UMD’s terrible record this year on first games on olympic ice (CC, UMTC..) I didn’t have high expectations for the ‘dogs last night but they looked incredible. Would make another great all NCHC championship, hopefully at least these teams go to different regionals
                    Last edited by UMD21; 03-09-2019, 08:47 AM.
                    I wanna go fast!

Comment

SCSU clinches the best record in NCHC history. At worst 18-3-3. Unbelievable.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

My thought on the goal is this: is it possible the official felt Perbix was trying to move the puck with his skate to his stick and not kick it in to the net, therefore he didn't kick it into the net? I feel like a distinct kicking motion that was meant to feed your stick, then somebody say lifts your stick and the puck goes directly in, would still be waved off but I guess I'm not sure.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          SCSU clinches the best record in NCHC history. At worst 18-3-3. Unbelievable.
                          DU in 2016-17 went 18-3-3 and UND in 2015-16 went 19-4-1, both finishing with 59 points and an .812 winning percentage. With the win in the first overtime last night St. Cloud clinches a share with those two, but they need a point to outright claim the best regular season record in NCHC history. And also with a point they'd also finish the season with just two losses in conference play.
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Pretty darn good series between SCSU and UMD. Was out last night so didn’t get to watch the game. Will watch as soon as it shows up on the app. Did see today’s game. Huskies wore them out but no quit in the Bulldogs. As long as both take care of business in the first round (they should) both will be #1 seeds. Quite possible we’ll see one more game between the two, quite possibly two.

Comment

I don't see Miami or Omaha upsetting either of these teams in the playoffs next weekend. I actually have a hard time seeing either one of them forcing a third game. Especially whoever has to go to St Cloud. They went 15-0-1 at home this season. The only blemish was a 2-2 tie against CC (which St Cloud won in 3 on 3 OT). It would be a pretty massive disappointment if St Cloud does not make the frozen four this season at minimum. How many times are they going to put together these ridiculous regular seasons and then fall flat in the big dance? It can't keep happening, can it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                My thought on the goal is this: is it possible the official felt Perbix was trying to move the puck with his skate to his stick and not kick it in to the net, therefore he didn't kick it into the net? I feel like a distinct kicking motion that was meant to feed your stick, then somebody say lifts your stick and the puck goes directly in, would still be waved off but I guess I'm not sure.
                                That’s what I was thinking. It was like a slop play in pool

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                                It would be a pretty massive disappointment if St Cloud does not make the frozen four this season at minimum. How many times are they going to put together these ridiculous regular seasons and then fall flat in the big dance? It can't keep happening, can it?
                                I doubt they’ll make the same mistake two years in a row. And I do think it’s fair to blame Motzko for already being focused on moving on. But if a team from the Big 10 beats SCSU, does that automatically make B1G the power conference?
                                I wanna go fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X