Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCHC 2018-2019 Season: Quest to put 4+ into Late March-April Dance

Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
    I think you're looking for a sweep this weekend (forgot the format is a best of three in the semis) and then avoid Bowling Green in the finals just to be safe. Think your comparison win flips to a loss with a head-to-head loss there. Not 100% sure but it looks like a loss in the finals to Northern really wouldn't hurt your positioning. Also cheer against Quinnipiac for further buffer.
    The ECAC is going to determine a lot of the shakeout over the next couple weeks. Q up top, and then Harvard, Cornell, Clarkson, and Union will determine the bubble. They're almost certainly going to get 2 in the field, but if they get 4, I think some more deserving teams will get left out.

Comment

Originally posted by ubish View Post
      WMU is going to have to win that fist NCAA game sometime. I think if we can get there this year, we have the team to make a run.
      WMU has never won an NCAA tournament game? I wasn't aware of that. How many losses? Isn't Mankato winless too? Like 0-7 all time now?

Comment

Just came in to talk about how great St. Cloud State is. 4 All-NCHC First teamers, and 2 Second teamers. Ridiculous.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Just came in to talk about how great St. Cloud State is. 4 All-NCHC First teamers, and 2 Second teamers. Ridiculous.
          Where's Robby J on the list? Is there a max number of players from one team allowed on the All-NCHC team? Sixth in goals and fourth in total points.

Comment

Predictions for this weekend:

Miami @ SCSU - sweep and it won't be close
            UNO @ UMD - sweep and it won't be close
            CC @ WMU - this one is going three games and they will all be close. I'll bet we see two OT games. WMU wins game 1, CC game 2 and WMU wins game 3 in 2 OTs.
            UND @ Denver - another tight series but the scoring will be far less than CC/WMU. First to two goals wins each game. Calling three game series here as well with UND winning game 1, Denver winning game 2 and UND winning game 3. Probably OT each night.

The green horde will invade St. Paul next weekend saving the league from a revenue/attendance nightmare, although another SCSU/UMD matchup could draw pretty well for a championship game.

SCSU and UND in the first semifinal. Obviously UND gets the auto-bid if they can win out but I think if they get through this weekend, they'll just need one win next weekend to get in as an at-large if that doesn't happen. Likely ruining SCSU going to Fargo if UND does only get one win at the Frozen Faceoff. If they win it all they probably move up to a #3 seed and then SCSU will go to Fargo and probably face UND in the regional final (if they shake their first round demons of recent past).

Go Denver.

Comment

Where's Robby J on the list? Is there a max number of players from one team allowed on the All-NCHC team? Sixth in goals and fourth in total points.
              It's based on voting by the coaches. We had all three forwards on the first team. Be happy with that. Colt Conrad was second in points and he didn't make either team.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

My sources say the guy who voted UMass #1 robbed Robby Jackson by withholding a vote for him.

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                WMU has never won an NCAA tournament game? I wasn't aware of that. How many losses? Isn't Mankato winless too? Like 0-7 all time now?
                WMU is 0-6 and Minnesota State is 0-5.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  My sources say the guy who voted UMass #1 robbed Robby Jackson by withholding a vote for him.
                  That's funny, I've been wondering who the heck would be that foolish.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

Western is actually 0-7. They lost both games of a two-game, total goals series in 1986.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

What did we ever do to you guys?
                      I love Kalamazoo and Lawson and like the Broncos but one less quality team in the field would be nice.

WMU is going to have to win that fist NCAA game sometime. I think if we can get there this year, we have the team to make a run.
                      That being said... this WMU isn't built for an NCAA run. I'd say their ceiling would be one win in the tournament, they're not going to Buffalo.

Honestly I think they got this right... Robby I feel is more of an offensive player than some of those guys who got nominated ahead of him on SCSU and they play more of a two-way game.

Also isn't it great to be talking about OTHER schools that can't win an NCAA game?
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

CC/WMU postponed.
                        Will be a Sat-Mon series now.
                        As of 10pm last night the Tigers still hadn't left Colorado Springs.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          CC/WMU postponed.
                          Will be a Sat-Mon series now.
                          As of 10pm last night the Tigers still hadn't left Colorado Springs.
                          What caused the delay?
                          "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                            What caused the delay?
                            Bomb cyclone
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

You know, I saw that game listed already on my Sunday CHN app and thought "weird, how do they already know game 3 is scheduled?"

Now I know why.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                I love Kalamazoo and Lawson and like the Broncos but one less quality team in the field would be nice.

That being said... this WMU isn't built for an NCAA run. I'd say their ceiling would be one win in the tournament, they're not going to Buffalo.

One win in the tournament counts as a run for us based on historical performance.

WMU definitely has the talent, especially since it looks like Allison is finally coming on strong after his injury against you guys last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X