Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCHC 2018-2019 Season: Quest to put 4+ into Late March-April Dance

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Bring some work gloves. You'll be just in time to help with the sandbagging.
    You're not kidding...

Good chance bridges will be closed as they head out of town.
    scsuhockey.com
    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
      You're not kidding...

Good chance bridges will be closed as they head out of town.
      Ad the teams head out of town or the bridges head out of town to the north?
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

So DirecTV in Colorado shows the Hockey East tournament scheduled on CBS Sports, not NCHC. Do they have any idea what region they’re representing?
        I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
          Both teams play on an olympic sheet
          Yes, they both play on an Olympic sheet which is why he said all four games were played on any Olympic sheet. The X is not an Olympic sheet. This is one of the few occasions where that won't really be a factor as it effects them both equally.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
            Maaaybe if SCSU rests their top lines (Ryan Poehling healthy?), and CC catches UMD sleeping since those teams don’t have much to play for... Tigers have had good success against DU recently but you know DU would love to end their season if they were to meet in the championship.
            SCSU seems like a team that will pound the crap out of CC just for the hell of it. But if CC were able to pull it off, maaybe they could upset someone in the NCAA.
            Check that. Their luck is running out
            Top line of Newell-Jackson-Lizotte not sitting out. Second line of the Poehling's not sitting out. Ryan is completely healthy, I believe Jack was out last weekend. Was nice to get Fitzpatrick back in the lineup and Hentges is heating up. Schuldt, Lizotte and Ahcan leading the blue line and the youngsters of Perbix and Bushy are playing well too. Lots of depth. But as the other poster mentioned, all four games with CC have been close this year with SCSU being behind midway through each of them. I just don't see this being a blowout. CC has been playing well and especially getting some great goaltending. Easily the best 6th place finisher in any conference this year.

CC could go on a run. If they get past SCSU they definitely have a shot at beating either DU (have done it a few times) or UMD (got 'em once).

Should be a fun weekend. I'm pulling for the Minnesota teams to play each other again Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
              Top line of Newell-Jackson-Lizotte not sitting out. Second line of the Poehling's not sitting out. Ryan is completely healthy, I believe Jack was out last weekend. Was nice to get Fitzpatrick back in the lineup and Hentges is heating up. Schuldt, Lizotte and Ahcan leading the blue line and the youngsters of Perbix and Bushy are playing well too. Lots of depth. But as the other poster mentioned, all four games with CC have been close this year with SCSU being behind midway through each of them. I just don't see this being a blowout. CC has been playing well and especially getting some great goaltending. Easily the best 6th place finisher in any conference this year.

CC could go on a run. If they get past SCSU they definitely have a shot at beating either DU (have done it a few times) or UMD (got 'em once).

Should be a fun weekend. I'm pulling for the Minnesota teams to play each other again Saturday night.
              I'd put money on SCSU out-shooting CC by seven SOG or more. Of course, goaltending is a thing. If Hrenak only sees 20 shots, there's a good chance three of them are going in, and I have no doubt Leclerc is capable of a 40 save shutout.

I'd be shocked if I'm wrong about out-shooting CC but not shocked at all if CC wins. They're better than their record, but SCSU is a better team from top to bottom.
              scsuhockey.com
              CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                I'd put money on SCSU out-shooting CC by seven SOG or more. Of course, goaltending is a thing. If Hrenak only sees 20 shots, there's a good chance three of them are going in, and I have no doubt Leclerc is capable of a 40 save shutout.
                This is the most realistic prediction I’ve ever heard lol
                I wanna go fast!

Comment

My channel guide is also showing that CBS Sports will have the Hockey East Tournament on Friday and Saturday. I have to think that’s a mistake because NESN has broadcasting rights for that, not CBS Sports.

Comment

This game has the potential to get out of hand. Ryan Poehling already left the game with an injury after crashing head first into the boardand wont be back at least for tonight, Jackson got a penalty for shoving CC’s goalie (nothing major but just a come-on man... kinda play), CC looks like the Gophers skating with a parachute attached and in over their head despite getting the early lead. SCSU could run up the score, or just say f’k it and this turns into a Sioux matchup, maybe both.
                    A CC-DU third place and SCSU-UMD championship game would be fitting
                    Last edited by UMD21; 03-22-2019, 04:51 PM.
                    I wanna go fast!

Comment

CC/SCSU game got a little ugly but was a pretty entertaining game. Hope Ryan Poehling is ok after losing an edge and crashing into the boards headfirst. Don’t think he’ll play tonight. Jon Lizotte probably out too with a one game suspension after his game misconduct for CFB. Still should be a great game between UMD and SCSU. Hoping we get one more matchup in a few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                        CC/SCSU game got a little ugly but was a pretty entertaining game. Hope Ryan Poehling is ok after losing an edge and crashing into the boards headfirst. Don’t think he’ll play tonight. Jon Lizotte probably out too with a one game suspension after his game misconduct for CFB. Still should be a great game between UMD and SCSU. Hoping we get one more matchup in a few weeks.
                        Lizotte will not be out. A misconduct is not a suspension...just a disqualification.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I think minor penalty was correct there. He didn't drive him into the boards and actually kinda held him up a little bit.

Comment

Great freakin game.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Wow that was a fun game.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Is there any doubt that these are the 2 best teams in the country? There shouldn’t be after that game. Hunter Shepard was the difference maker and justifiably named tournament mvp.

Comment

Working...
                                X