D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    It would be nice if they NSN annoucers let us know what the delay is in Norwich !
    I guess I needed to refresh the broadcast on ROKU.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Elmira sort of made Norwich look like they needed to hit the refresh button this afternoon.

Comment

Plattsburgh up 2 goals after 1. First was on a shot from Unsworth at a very low-percentage sideways angle that somehow found 5-hole and the second was a breakaway from Moriarty.

Comment

Will polls come out mid day today or wait until after today's games? Thoughts?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            Will polls come out mid day today or wait until after today's games? Thoughts?
            If it's like last year, USCHO won't wait but D3hockey.com will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              If it's like last year, USCHO won't wait but D3hockey.com will.
              D3Hockey is waiting until tomorrow.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Norwich scores in OT to win a back and forth contest with Adrian 5-4. Kelley Madden scored the first and winning goals for Norwich. Harshman of Adrian with a goal and two assists in the loss.

Plattsburgh - Elmira up next. Early in the game, the announcers on NSN said Elmira had bus trouble and might be delayed, but if there was an update on that situation I've missed it.

EDIT: Hearing that there's about a 15 minute delay to the start of Plattsburgh vs Elmira.
                Last edited by Scott_TG; 01-07-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

#5 Elmira takes down Plattsburgh 4-1 (ENG) to win the East-West Classic, taking down the #3 and #2 teams in the country (all rankings were coming into the tourney).

The USCHO poll came out today, which means yesterday's results were considered but today's weren't.

Rnk Team [First Place Votes] Last Poll
                  1 Plattsburgh [11] 2
                  2 Adrian [1] 1
                  3 Elmira 5
                  4 St. Thomas [3] 7
                  5 Norwich 3
                  6 Wisconsin-River Falls 4
                  7 Middlebury 6
                  8 Hamline 8
                  9 Gustavus Adolphus 10
                  10 Wisconsin-Eau Claire 9

Others receiving votes: Williams 9

St. Thomas could be the beneficiary here, but odds are Elmira is going to be the new #1 there and USCHO next week.

Long term, I think this weekend puts St. Thomas in a position to where they might be in the driver's seat for top seed and host (if they are able to and bid for it). They are undefeated and lead the SOS metric (per KRACH). They have a tough schedule though...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                    Norwich scores in OT to win a back and forth contest with Adrian 5-4. Kelley Madden scored the first and winning goals for Norwich. Harshman of Adrian with a goal and two assists in the loss.

Plattsburgh - Elmira up next. Early in the game, the announcers on NSN said Elmira had bus trouble and might be delayed, but if there was an update on that situation I've missed it.

EDIT: Hearing that there's about a 15 minute delay to the start of Plattsburgh vs Elmira.
                    Tough day at the office for the Cards. They weren't as "crisp" today as they were yesterday. Faceoffs and passing was not good by and large in this tilt. That said, hats off to Elmira. They earned it.
                    Last edited by Bar Down; 01-07-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
                      Tough day at the office for the Card. They weren't as "crisp" today as they were yesterday. Faceoffs and passing was not good by and large in this tilt. That said, hats off to Elmira. They earned it.
                      Impressive performance all weekend by Elmira. Certainly earned the title. Thought we saw 4 good hockey games all weekend. Certainly muddied the waters a bit.

I’d guess St. Thomas would have to be No. 1 followed by Elmira now.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Impressive performance all weekend by Elmira. Certainly earned the title. Thought we saw 4 good hockey games all weekend. Certainly muddied the waters a bit.

I’d guess St. Thomas would have to be No. 1 followed by Elmira now.
                        I don't think Elmira's ascension is guaranteed. Plattburgh also owns a 4-1 win over Elmira earlier this year so that's a wash. Seems kind of a round robin at the top. Plattsburgh has lost to Elmira and Adrian. Adrian has lost to Plattsburgh and Wisc-River Falls. St. Thomas' schedule to date has been pretty light (save for one game against Wisc-River Falls). I would think if they sweep GAC this weekend, it would be their turn at #1 (I assume a first for the program?) Interesting vote coming next week...
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                          I don't think Elmira's ascension is guaranteed. Plattburgh also owns a 4-1 win over Elmira earlier this year so that's a wash. Seems kind of a round robin at the top. Plattsburgh has lost to Elmira and Adrian. Adrian has lost to Plattsburgh and Wisc-River Falls. St. Thomas' schedule to date has been pretty light (save for one game against Wisc-River Falls). I would think if they sweep GAC this weekend, it would be their turn at #1 (I assume a first for the program?) Interesting vote coming next week...
                          Or today if you're d3hockey.com and waited for the tournament with four of the top five teams in the country to play out...
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

The d3hockey.com poll, which waited until the conclusion of the East-West Classic to vote, is now up.

# School (1st votes) Prev.
                            1 Elmira (10) 5
                            2 Plattsburgh State (2) 2
                            3 St. Thomas (1) 4
                            4 Norwich (1) 3
                            5 Adrian (1) 1
                            6 UW-River Falls 6
                            7 Hamline 7
                            8 Middlebury 8
                            9 Gustavus Adolphus 10
                            10 UW-Eau Claire 9

Dropped Out: None

Others receiving votes: Manhattanville 4, Williams 4

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                              The d3hockey.com poll, which waited until the conclusion of the East-West Classic to vote, is now up.

# School (1st votes) Prev.
                              1 Elmira (10) 5
                              2 Plattsburgh State (2) 2
                              3 St. Thomas (1) 4
                              4 Norwich (1) 3
                              5 Adrian (1) 1
                              6 UW-River Falls 6
                              7 Hamline 7
                              8 Middlebury 8
                              9 Gustavus Adolphus 10
                              10 UW-Eau Claire 9

Dropped Out: None

Others receiving votes: Manhattanville 4, Williams 4
                              Little surprised St. Thomas only got one first place vote but definitely not surprised to see Elmira's surge.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Little surprised St. Thomas only got one first place vote but definitely not surprised to see Elmira's surge.
                                It really had to be Elmira number one...the old adage "What have you done for me lately?" St Thomas schedule appears to be holding back the first place votes. Just my thoughts.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X