D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
    I understand your point and to go deeper... Women's Hockey (D1 & D3) in general is hurting because of addition of teams. Quality is way down and participation is up. I guess one of those things is good.
    I believe that "growing pains" is a good thing !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Now that the semesters have wound down there's some roster movement:

SO F Kyla Salvato off of the Salve Regina roster.
      FR G Rose Quattro off Buffalo State (Buffalo State now with 1 goalie on their roster)
      SO D Kayla Goleniak off Plattsburgh
      SO G Gabrielle Igo off Utica
      SO F Celina Clark off UW-Superior

Anyone hear any transfer news?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        Now that the semesters have wound down there's some roster movement:

SO F Kyla Salvato off of the Salve Regina roster.
        FR G Rose Quattro off Buffalo State (Buffalo State now with 1 goalie on their roster)
        SO D Kayla Goleniak off Plattsburgh
        SO G Gabrielle Igo off Utica
        SO F Celina Clark off UW-Superior

Anyone hear any transfer news?
        They're all going to Wilkes for more icetime!

I have to mention how very well the men's hockey team at Wilkes is doing! Anyone else notice this?! The better the men's team does casts a bigger and bigger shadow on how poorly the women's team is being run.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post

I have to mention how very well the men's hockey team at Wilkes is doing! Anyone else notice this?! The better the men's team does casts a bigger and bigger shadow on how poorly the women's team is being run.
          How about a Title IX class action law suit?

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
            Hmm, under what grounds?
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post

It's sad, I had that same thought about how the skaters should go to Wilkes. I'm hoping maybe someone transfers there or maybe they find walk-on on campus or something, they need bodies. But Wilkes at least has a backup goalie which is more than Buff State can say. If the Bengals lose Gawronski to injury at any point I hope one of the skaters has put on the pads before. Are there rules in NCAA hockey about having a backup goalie dressed?

Title IX does require the genders be treated equally in regards to recruitment of student-athletes but I interpreted that language in terms of allocating the resources for recruiting to equitable levels. Is it a Title IX violation if they are in good faith trying to recruit an equal number of players but aren't successful? Wouldn't they need evidence the athletic department is somehow preventing the recruitment of a number of female athletes that is comparable to the rate of female enrollment?

Comment

Eau Claire forward Courtney Wittig is the only DIII player drafted in the 2018 NWHL Draft, going to the Metropolitan Riveters (Newark, NJ) with the first pick of the 3rd round (5 round draft).

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  Eau Claire forward Courtney Wittig is the only DIII player drafted in the 2018 NWHL Draft, going to the Metropolitan Riveters (Newark, NJ) with the first pick of the 3rd round (5 round draft).
                  Impressive!
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                    Pretty cool!
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Looking forward to the East/West in Kreitzberg!!!

Winter presents a current forecast of 8"-12" in Northfield Tuesday. Interesting trip home.

Comment

Looking forward to the East/West in Kreitzberg!!!

Winter presents a current forecast of 8"-12" in Northfield Tuesday. Interesting trip home.
                        Almost had the top four teams in the country for the second year in a row. But we'll take four of the top five for second time in the last three years.

A lot on the line this weekend in Northfield for potential hosting rights and top seed for the NCAA tournament. The gap is pretty razor thin right now between these four and hopefully this weekend will shed some light on how it's all going to shape up towards the end.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Almost had the top four teams in the country for the second year in a row. But we'll take four of the top five for second time in the last three years.

A lot on the line this weekend in Northfield for potential hosting rights and top seed for the NCAA tournament. The gap is pretty razor thin right now between these four and hopefully this weekend will shed some light on how it's all going to shape up towards the end.
                          Thinking that if the polls had been updated, you could have the top 4 as River Falls lost to St. Thomas and the polls do not reflect that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            I agree that this weekend could be the biggest weekend in terms of hosting and seeding. I think if the East/West Classic winner is Adrian, Plattsburgh or Norwich that winner becomes the favorite to host if they make the semis in March. However Elmira might need to do a little more even if they win considering the losses they've had to Plattsburgh and Williams and the tie with Middlebury. And that the Soaring Eagles don't have a ranked team on their schedule between now and the tourney doesn't help with that. Do you disagree and think a win here would still make Elmira a favorite for top seed?

I think St. Thomas will have a good case for top seed if they keep winning. They have 2 games each against GAC and Hamline and another tilt with UWRF in the second half so that's a tall order. Perhaps they can get away with dropping 1 or at most 2 of those 5...

If Adrian ends up hosting, I hope the championship committee takes a firm hand in deciding who gets to officiate. Between the 2017 championship weekend and some recent incidents like the Adrian/Salve Regina mess on the men's side a few weeks ago, it would be unfair to the participating teams to allow the semis and finals to become the Adrian Refs [S***]Show.

Comment

Big "if" here, but if Adrian wins two at the East/West, they appear to me a lock for #1 seed, as their remaining schedule looks like they run the table (Trine and 2 each against Finlandia, Lake Forest, Concordia WI, St. Norbert and Marian) and finish 24-1. Split with River Falls as the only blemish and, in this scenario, two wins over Plattsburgh, one against either Elmira/Norwich and the win against Midd; I would like their odds on hosting. Looks like it is 5pm in Kreitzberg on Sunday for all the marbles.

Prez, are there still tickets available???

Comment

It would be nice if they NSN annoucers let us know what the delay is in Norwich !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X