Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 807

Thread: D3 18-19 season

  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    It would be nice if they NSN annoucers let us know what the delay is in Norwich !
    I guess I needed to refresh the broadcast on ROKU.

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Elmira sort of made Norwich look like they needed to hit the refresh button this afternoon.

  3. #123
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Plattsburgh up 2 goals after 1. First was on a shot from Unsworth at a very low-percentage sideways angle that somehow found 5-hole and the second was a breakaway from Moriarty.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,913

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Will polls come out mid day today or wait until after today's games? Thoughts?

  5. #125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Will polls come out mid day today or wait until after today's games? Thoughts?
    If it's like last year, USCHO won't wait but D3hockey.com will.

  6. #126
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    If it's like last year, USCHO won't wait but D3hockey.com will.
    D3Hockey is waiting until tomorrow.

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Norwich scores in OT to win a back and forth contest with Adrian 5-4. Kelley Madden scored the first and winning goals for Norwich. Harshman of Adrian with a goal and two assists in the loss.

    Plattsburgh - Elmira up next. Early in the game, the announcers on NSN said Elmira had bus trouble and might be delayed, but if there was an update on that situation I've missed it.

    EDIT: Hearing that there's about a 15 minute delay to the start of Plattsburgh vs Elmira.
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 01-07-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    #5 Elmira takes down Plattsburgh 4-1 (ENG) to win the East-West Classic, taking down the #3 and #2 teams in the country (all rankings were coming into the tourney).

    The USCHO poll came out today, which means yesterday's results were considered but today's weren't.

    Rnk Team [First Place Votes] Last Poll
    1 Plattsburgh [11] 2
    2 Adrian [1] 1
    3 Elmira 5
    4 St. Thomas [3] 7
    5 Norwich 3
    6 Wisconsin-River Falls 4
    7 Middlebury 6
    8 Hamline 8
    9 Gustavus Adolphus 10
    10 Wisconsin-Eau Claire 9

    Others receiving votes: Williams 9

    St. Thomas could be the beneficiary here, but odds are Elmira is going to be the new #1 there and USCHO next week.

    Long term, I think this weekend puts St. Thomas in a position to where they might be in the driver's seat for top seed and host (if they are able to and bid for it). They are undefeated and lead the SOS metric (per KRACH). They have a tough schedule though...
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    54

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Norwich scores in OT to win a back and forth contest with Adrian 5-4. Kelley Madden scored the first and winning goals for Norwich. Harshman of Adrian with a goal and two assists in the loss.

    Plattsburgh - Elmira up next. Early in the game, the announcers on NSN said Elmira had bus trouble and might be delayed, but if there was an update on that situation I've missed it.

    EDIT: Hearing that there's about a 15 minute delay to the start of Plattsburgh vs Elmira.
    Tough day at the office for the Cards. They weren't as "crisp" today as they were yesterday. Faceoffs and passing was not good by and large in this tilt. That said, hats off to Elmira. They earned it.
    Last edited by Bar Down; 01-07-2019 at 07:33 PM.

  10. #130
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar Down View Post
    Tough day at the office for the Card. They weren't as "crisp" today as they were yesterday. Faceoffs and passing was not good by and large in this tilt. That said, hats off to Elmira. They earned it.
    Impressive performance all weekend by Elmira. Certainly earned the title. Thought we saw 4 good hockey games all weekend. Certainly muddied the waters a bit.

    Iíd guess St. Thomas would have to be No. 1 followed by Elmira now.

  11. #131
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    4,240

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Impressive performance all weekend by Elmira. Certainly earned the title. Thought we saw 4 good hockey games all weekend. Certainly muddied the waters a bit.

    Iíd guess St. Thomas would have to be No. 1 followed by Elmira now.
    I don't think Elmira's ascension is guaranteed. Plattburgh also owns a 4-1 win over Elmira earlier this year so that's a wash. Seems kind of a round robin at the top. Plattsburgh has lost to Elmira and Adrian. Adrian has lost to Plattsburgh and Wisc-River Falls. St. Thomas' schedule to date has been pretty light (save for one game against Wisc-River Falls). I would think if they sweep GAC this weekend, it would be their turn at #1 (I assume a first for the program?) Interesting vote coming next week...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  12. #132
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    I don't think Elmira's ascension is guaranteed. Plattburgh also owns a 4-1 win over Elmira earlier this year so that's a wash. Seems kind of a round robin at the top. Plattsburgh has lost to Elmira and Adrian. Adrian has lost to Plattsburgh and Wisc-River Falls. St. Thomas' schedule to date has been pretty light (save for one game against Wisc-River Falls). I would think if they sweep GAC this weekend, it would be their turn at #1 (I assume a first for the program?) Interesting vote coming next week...
    Or today if you're d3hockey.com and waited for the tournament with four of the top five teams in the country to play out...
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    The d3hockey.com poll, which waited until the conclusion of the East-West Classic to vote, is now up.


    # School (1st votes) Prev.
    1 Elmira (10) 5
    2 Plattsburgh State (2) 2
    3 St. Thomas (1) 4
    4 Norwich (1) 3
    5 Adrian (1) 1
    6 UW-River Falls 6
    7 Hamline 7
    8 Middlebury 8
    9 Gustavus Adolphus 10
    10 UW-Eau Claire 9

    Dropped Out: None

    Others receiving votes: Manhattanville 4, Williams 4
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  14. #134
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    The d3hockey.com poll, which waited until the conclusion of the East-West Classic to vote, is now up.


    # School (1st votes) Prev.
    1 Elmira (10) 5
    2 Plattsburgh State (2) 2
    3 St. Thomas (1) 4
    4 Norwich (1) 3
    5 Adrian (1) 1
    6 UW-River Falls 6
    7 Hamline 7
    8 Middlebury 8
    9 Gustavus Adolphus 10
    10 UW-Eau Claire 9

    Dropped Out: None

    Others receiving votes: Manhattanville 4, Williams 4
    Little surprised St. Thomas only got one first place vote but definitely not surprised to see Elmira's surge.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Little surprised St. Thomas only got one first place vote but definitely not surprised to see Elmira's surge.
    It really had to be Elmira number one...the old adage "What have you done for me lately?" St Thomas schedule appears to be holding back the first place votes. Just my thoughts.

  16. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    It really had to be Elmira number one...the old adage "What have you done for me lately?" St Thomas schedule appears to be holding back the first place votes. Just my thoughts.
    Elmira played like they were the #1 in two games against top teams. St. Thomas will surge if they continue their success, as they have yet to play Gustavus 1/11-12, UWRF 2/6 and Hamline 2/15-16. This weekend's results have rewarded us with a great race to the finals with many teams in the mix. Imagine the fun come bracket time.

  17. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by obserbear View Post
    Elmira played like they were the #1 in two games against top teams. St. Thomas will surge if they continue their success, as they have yet to play Gustavus 1/11-12, UWRF 2/6 and Hamline 2/15-16. This weekend's results have rewarded us with a great race to the finals with many teams in the mix. Imagine the fun come bracket time.
    +1

  18. #138
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404
    Quote Originally Posted by obserbear View Post
    Elmira played like they were the #1 in two games against top teams. St. Thomas will surge if they continue their success, as they have yet to play Gustavus 1/11-12, UWRF 2/6 and Hamline 2/15-16. This weekend's results have rewarded us with a great race to the finals with many teams in the mix. Imagine the fun come bracket time.
    Big weekend for the Tommies. Iím going to try and watch some of Saturdayís game after I get back from the Norwich womenís game.

  19. #139
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    4,240

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    It really had to be Elmira number one...the old adage "What have you done for me lately?" St Thomas schedule appears to be holding back the first place votes. Just my thoughts.
    St. Thomas' record is a full two games better than anyone else. I agree the schedule is not as crisp as the eastern teams (plus Adrian) that keep playing that round robin. Plattsburgh, Elmira, Norwich, and Adrian have each played at least 4 games against top 5 opponents already, but unbeaten deserved a shot at the top after everyone ahead of them lost this weekend.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  20. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    St. Thomas' record is a full two games better than anyone else. I agree the schedule is not as crisp as the eastern teams (plus Adrian) that keep playing that round robin. Plattsburgh, Elmira, Norwich, and Adrian have each played at least 4 games against top 5 opponents already, but unbeaten deserved a shot at the top after everyone ahead of them lost this weekend.
    Let's talk after the home and home with Gustavus; two Tommies wins will make them #1 in next week's polls.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •