Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Yeah, Hurd’s record is safe. But Simon is guaranteed two games this weekend, and COULD be within reach of Gibson’s mark for second place, which is what Derek was saying.
    This too. Thanks Nate.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Well aware. I witnessed plenty of those games in person. There is a reason the award is named after her.

Also, not to diminish Laura’s accomplishments but D3 women’s hockey in 2019 is a litttttleeee bit different than 2002.
      Just making stupid observations through the lense of many seasons. Things are more than a litttttleeee bit different: first time I watched Elmira and #4 (11/30/2002) she scored an EA goal to tie Bowdoin 2-2, beating an All-American Polar Bear goalie (McKissock) who played as a forward during the '99-'00 season (going 4-3-7 points and 3-6-2 in net .904 saves %...improved a bit in following seasons).

Wishing the best to players, coaches and fans out in Minneapolis!

GO CARDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
        Wishing the best to players, coaches and fans out in Minneapolis!
        OK, it is four hours before puck drop and no where on the NCAA DIII Women's Ice Hockey web site can I find anything that would tell me who the host school is, where the games are being played, or how to get tickets. Very sad. I know, anyone reading this or that follows women's DIII hockey knows who the host school is, where the games are being played (or do you, on campus or some where else?), and when tickets maybe available, but come on, to anyone not familiar with the area, good luck. The games are not in Minneapolis, they are in Mendota Heights, a suburb of St. Paul, at the rink at Saint Thomas Academy, on the other side of the river(s), both of them, Mississippi & Minnesota. O'Well it is out west, who cares!
        4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
        SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
          OK, it is four hours before puck drop and no where on the NCAA DIII Women's Ice Hockey web site can I find anything that would tell me who the host school is, where the games are being played, or how to get tickets. Very sad. I know, anyone reading this or that follows women's DIII hockey knows who the host school is, where the games are being played (or do you, on campus or some where else?), and when tickets maybe available, but come on, to anyone not familiar with the area, good luck. The games are not in Minneapolis, they are in Mendota Heights, a suburb of St. Paul, at the rink at Saint Thomas Academy, on the other side of the river(s), both of them, Mississippi & Minnesota. O'Well it is out west, who cares!
          Scroll back, go to D3Hockey.com, or NCAA.com. There are many references to the games being played at St Thomas. They are the number one ranked PWR.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            Scroll back, go to D3Hockey.com, or NCAA.com. There are many references to the games being played at St Thomas. They are the number one ranked PWR.
            Oh, you are right, after three clicks on the NCAA web site to get to the printable bracket and find the very small * and scroll to the bottom of the page I can find who the host school is. I guess I better head over to The University of St. Thomas and see if I can find someone on campus to direct me to the hockey rink, I mean to indoor rink. My point is the NCAA still has TBD on the home page for Women's DIII Ice Hockey Championship web site. I should not have to go to D3Hockey.com or scroll back through a fan forum to get information on a National Championship even if it is just girls!
            4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
            SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

In seemingly unrelated news to the women's game, Plattsburgh men's hockey coach Bob Emery announced his retirement today. Coach Houle wouldn't have an interest in switching teams, would he? I wouldn't think so.....
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
                The games are not in Minneapolis, they are in Mendota Heights, a suburb of St. Paul, at the rink at Saint Thomas Academy, on the other side of the river(s), both of them, Mississippi & Minnesota. O'Well it is out west, who cares!
                I apologize to Mendota Heights and all citizens of, what Bob Dylan (in reference to roots in Hibbing, MN), once referred to as "the country I come from, they call the Midwest." A region I profess regrettable total inexperience in visiting.

Hoping the NCAA stream flows as smoothly as the on ice action!

I still say, GO CARDINALS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                  I apologize to Mendota Heights and all citizens of, what Bob Dylan (in reference to roots in Hibbing, MN), once referred to as "the country I come from, they call the Midwest." A region I profess regrettable total inexperience in visiting.

Hoping the NCAA stream flows as smoothly as the on ice action!

I still say, GO CARDINALS!!!
                  Just say "the cities" from now on and it will all be covered...unless of course you have a tightwad like the pothead :P :P (yes I know your name doesn't refer to marijuana)

BTW when you click to go to the video feed...it clearly states "St Thomas Ice Arena, Mendota Heights MN"
                  https://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-...plattsburgh-st
                  UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                  NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                  Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Did anyone else see this on the NCAA.com website?

"Eleven schools qualified for the 2019 championship...."

LMAO!

Click on "NCAA DIII women's hockey championship: Bracket, schedule and how to live stream" and then just scroll down a bit. So the announcement show says there are 9 teams and they start this article saying there are 11 teams. At least they've got the right number surrounded! Lol.

Comment

Someone needs to inform the announcer that Coach Houle (an amazing 395-50-25) is not the winning-est active DIII women's coach, unless Coach Mandigo (577-155-45) has recently retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                        Someone needs to inform the announcer that Coach Houle (an amazing 395-50-25) is not the winning-est active DIII women's coach, unless Coach Mandigo (577-155-45) has recently retired.
                        Houle has the highest percentage of wins among active coaches and all time.
                        Link: http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_icehockey_rb/2019/coaches.pdf
                        Last edited by bobbunnell; 03-15-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

How are they allowing Candy Kirchner to ref these games? She is easily the worst ref in MIAC and they're letting her affect the national championship? Wow.

And watch her take this game over. Never met a game she didn't want to wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbunnell View Post
                            Houle has the highest percentage of wins among active coaches and all time.
                            Link: http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_iceh...19/coaches.pdf
                            I am a great admirer of Coach Houle and his achievements guiding the Plattsburgh program.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
                              How are they allowing Candy Kirchner to ref these games? She is easily the worst ref in MIAC and they're letting her affect the national championship? Wow.

And watch her take this game over. Never met a game she didn't want to wreck.
                              I'm not 100% focused but there was a blatant trip in the corner by Plattsburgh with about 5 to go in the 1st that was missed...and I liked the call early in the 2nd I believe where the Adrian player was skating with the puck and called for a crosscheck.

That being said...that's not why Adrian's down right now. If Adrian doesn't score on this power play, game's probably over. I'll keep hoping but the way the games going, its not looking promising. Plattsburgh's too fast.
                              Last edited by gojackets; 03-15-2019, 04:23 PM.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

The Adrian staff sure likes to chew gum!

Comment

Working...
                                X