D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    So seems if Middlebury is out and last spot is either St Scholastica if they pull this out or Eau Claire if CSS loses? Either way, good news for the west!
    Yes that's how I think the math will work. A St. Scholastica win bumps Eau Claire out and Adrian win puts the blugolds through

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      Yes that's how I think the math will work. A St. Scholastica win bumps Eau Claire out and Adrian win puts the blugolds through
      Anybody missing the "what will the committee do?" speculation?
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

So if NCAA goes super money saving route...

First rounds

Endicott @ Plattsburgh
        Norwich @ Williams

Quarters
        Adrian @ Elmira
        Norwich/Williams @ Plattsburgh
        CSS/Eau Claire @ St Thomas
        River Falls @ Hamline

Its just funny because when the WIAC pulled out of the NCHA I thought it would take miracles for them to ever get a team in...granted there are 2 more spots now, then there was back then...but never dreamed they would have a chance at 2.
        Last edited by gojackets; 03-03-2019, 07:56 PM.
        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Anybody missing the "what will the committee do?" speculation?
          I like that it's done based on formulas and not the whim of some coaches and admins. Also, having an idea of just what a particular game will do to the NCAA picture has me watching more neutral games than ever. Before I only watched Plattsburgh, but this season especially late I've tuned in to streams from St. Thomas, Eau Claire, Hamline, Williams, Middlebury, Endicott instead of TV.

I can't speak for others but the transparency has given me more reason to watch because there's a good sense of the impact.
          Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-03-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I can't speak for others but the transparency has given me more reason to watch because there's a good sense of the impact.
            Agreed
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Buchanan scores on the power play to win the Slaats Cup for Adrian by a score on 3-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                I like that it's done based on formulas and not the whim of some coaches and admins. Also, having an idea of just what a particular game will do to the NCAA picture has me watching more neutral games than ever. Before I only watched Plattsburgh, but this season especially late I've tuned in to streams from St. Thomas, Eau Claire, Hamline, Williams, Middlebury, Endicott instead of TV.

Same here. Had three games on the computer and one on the ROKU TV behind my bar this afternoon. None were Plattsburgh...never done that before.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Elmira jumped Plattsburgh in the "final" Pairwise. It won't make a difference since Adrian and Elmira are stuck with each other, but I'm still a little surprised. Elmira has never been ahead of Plattsburgh to date. Elmira beats #18 & #20 this weekend, while Plattsburgh beat #15. Interesting...
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                    Elmira jumped Plattsburgh in the "final" Pairwise. It won't make a difference since Adrian and Elmira are stuck with each other, but I'm still a little surprised. Elmira has never been ahead of Plattsburgh to date. Elmira beats #18 & #20 this weekend, while Plattsburgh beat #15. Interesting...
                    Conspiracy to put Elmira ahead to justify making Plattsburgh play Wednesday? Lol.

It actually shows them tied at 2...but Elmira's RPI is higher.

It is interesting, the Elmira/Plattsburgh game results cancel each other out...so Elmira's other blemishes were a loss to Williams and tie to Middlebury. Plattsburgh's was the loss to Adrian. So I'm not sure how the results of today would have benefited Elmira. Does it come down to Elmira playing two games this weekend vs Plattsburgh only playing 1? Scott's better at looking at all those comparisons...so maybe he can figure it out.
                    Last edited by gojackets; 03-03-2019, 04:42 PM.
                    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                      When I looked at things earlier I thought it might happen.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                        Which has a significant impact. If St. Thomas losses, Elmira gets to host the championship weekend.

But ... and I don’t know the answer to this ... do they look at the updated PWR after the first rounds to see who hosts the final four? Or, are the seedlings locked in when it comes to this decision?
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                          So if NCAA goes super money saving route...

First rounds

Endicott @ Plattsburgh
                          Norwich @ Williams

Quarters
                          Adrian @ Elmira
                          Norwich/Elmira @ Plattsburgh
                          CSS/Eau Claire @ St Thomas
                          River Falls @ Hamline

Its just funny because when the WIAC pulled out of the NCHA I thought it would take miracles for them to ever get a team in...granted there are 2 more spots now, then there was back then...but never dreamed they would have a chance at 2.
                          No faith in Endicott, eh?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            No faith in Endicott, eh?
                            I’ll cheer for them, but considering they can barely beat Morrisville, who Plattsburgh beat 7-1...I don’t have a lot of faith. Lol
                            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

The guy from The NCAA must count using core math. Announced the field saying several times 9 team field yet placed 10 teams (As it is supposed to be) in the bracket.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                                The guy from The NCAA must count using core math. Announced the field saying several times 9 team field yet placed 10 teams (As it is supposed to be) in the bracket.
                                Did he at least pronounce all the school names correctly...?
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X