D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D3 18-19 season

Some calls were ticky tacky but Norwich got the benefit with 8 power plays compare to 5 for Platts. That said, Platts' forecheck caused problems all game. They were clearly the better team for at least this game. Also, Norwich had issues with Platts' speed.
    Last edited by Bar Down; 11-08-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Jillian Moffatt of Lebanon Valley College made her latest entry onto the single-game saves leaderboard yesterday, stopping 85 shots in a 3-0 loss to Elmira. This is her 10th performance of over 77 saves (the lowest amount on the records doc from the NCAA).

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        Jillian Moffatt of Lebanon Valley College made her latest entry onto the single-game saves leaderboard yesterday, stopping 85 shots in a 3-0 loss to Elmira. This is her 10th performance of over 77 saves (the lowest amount on the records doc from the NCAA).
        How come Jillian doesn't receive any love from the coaches at season's end with some accolades? She has to be considered one of the best goalies in D3.

Comment

Polls are in today:

In the USCHO poll, there are two changes. Plattsburgh and Norwich swap the 2 and 3 spot following the Cards' win over the Cadets last Wednesday. Plattsburgh then took the weekend off while Norwich beat USM 2-1 (A 45 save performance from USM's Whitney Padgett saved that scoreline). St. Thomas swaps the 9 spot for the 8 with GAC. St. Thomas swept St. Mary's while GAC swept St. Olaf.

In the d3hockey.com poll, Norwich fell from 3 to 4 on their split week being compared to the new #4 Hamline's two drubbings of St. Benedict.

The schedule for those who moved around the polls:
          Norwich: hosting NEC and Castleton Friday and Saturday
          Plattsburgh: home and home vs Potsdam on Friday and Saturday
          GAC and Hamline: home and home against each other
          St. Thomas: home and home against St. Catherine Friday and Saturday

Comment

Polls are in today:

In the USCHO poll, there are two changes. Plattsburgh and Norwich swap the 2 and 3 spot following the Cards' win over the Cadets last Wednesday. Plattsburgh then took the weekend off while Norwich beat USM 2-1 (A 45 save performance from USM's Whitney Padgett saved that scoreline). St. Thomas swaps the 9 spot for the 8 with GAC. St. Thomas swept St. Mary's while GAC swept St. Olaf.

In the d3hockey.com poll, Norwich fell from 3 to 4 on their split week being compared to the new #4 Hamline's two drubbings of St. Benedict.

The schedule for those who moved around the polls:
            Norwich: hosting NEC and Castleton Friday and Saturday
            Plattsburgh: home and home vs Potsdam on Friday and Saturday
            GAC and Hamline: home and home against each other
            St. Thomas: home and home against St. Catherine Friday and Saturday
            I have always felt a team that hasn't played yet should never be ranked in a weekly poll over teams that have been playing. Worse that Bill Manihaveanego is the coach of the team in question.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              I have always felt a team that hasn't played yet should never be ranked in a weekly poll over teams that have been playing. Worse that Bill Manihaveanego is the coach of the team in question.
              The problems is the voters base the first poll largely if not entirely off of the last poll of the previous season and none of them want to drop a team that hasn't lost even if they haven't lost because they haven't played. Doing a preseason poll that isn't based off of the last poll of the previous season would require an analysis of teams' recruiting classes and it looks like the voters aren't comfortable with that.

Comment

The problems is the voters base the first poll largely if not entirely off of the last poll of the previous season and none of them want to drop a team that hasn't lost even if they haven't lost because they haven't played. Doing a preseason poll that isn't based off of the last poll of the previous season would require an analysis of teams' recruiting classes and it looks like the voters aren't comfortable with that.
                Come on guys. Nothing is based "off." Things are based on. It means to start from a base (original assumption). Based off would mean to start away from that assumption (or having nothing to with it). If something is based off it is off base .

I know, I taught math but that phrase makes me grind my teeth.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I think that the pollsters should be free to vote for the teams they like whether they've played or not. The polls serve to generate some conversation but otherwise are meaningless. I'm more focused on NCAA fall sports tourneys now, but I am looking forward to the NESCAC hockey teams (men's & women's) getting started this weekend.

Comment

Suffolk's Tess Adams had 5 assists in last night's 9-0 win over Anna Maria. One assist from joining the many who tie for the single-game assist record of 6.

Comment

Suffolk's Tess Adams had 5 assists in last night's 9-0 win over Anna Maria. One assist from joining the many who tie for the single-game assist record of 6.
                      Interesting that Anna Maria wants to play in the NEHC next year. With scores like that I can't imagine any conference is too keen on letting them join.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                        Interesting that Anna Maria wants to play in the NEHC next year. With scores like that I can't imagine any conference is too keen on letting them join.
                        1st year team and a GNAC member. Why not?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          1st year team and a GNAC member. Why not?
                          Had an NEHC coach tell me that they don't need another weak team in the conference. They've just added Suffolk, USM has never been very strong, and NEC is a perennial bottom dweller. There's concern that despite having Norwich, the conference will be seen as one of the weaker ones around if some of these teams can't improve. Not that it's a powerhouse conference now!

Comment

3g 5a vs Daniel Webmaster a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                              3g 5a vs Daniel Webmaster a few years ago.
                              One of six players tied for an 8 point performance, which was the high watermark until Sarah Bobrowski of Hamline dropped 9 on Concordia (MN) this past February.

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                              Had an NEHC coach tell me that they don't need another weak team in the conference. They've just added Suffolk, USM has never been very strong, and NEC is a perennial bottom dweller. There's concern that despite having Norwich, the conference will be seen as one of the weaker ones around if some of these teams can't improve. Not that it's a powerhouse conference now!
                              At the rate GNAC schools are adding hockey if they don't let Anna Maria in they could end up with the GNAC schools forming their own conference (or it could happen anyway). The men already at 5, women could be 5 if Albertus Magnus starts a program to join their new men's team. St. Joseph's (ME) and Colby-Sawyer both offer hockey as a club in both genders which could lead to varsity.

Comment

Yet another example showing my point that Anna Momma Maria and other teams of their ilk would lose to the top U14 teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X