Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: D3 18-19 season

Re: D3 18-19 season

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Do they have any prospective teams (either existing teams or possible new programs) they might be adding before the two-year grace period ends?
    The two Independents in women's DIII both have institutional relationships with other conferences (Anna Maria with the NEHC schools as a member of the GNAC, Wilkes as a member of the MAC and UCHC). Anna Maria is geographically more in profile with the remaining CHC schools but the only way I see that happening is if the NEHC snubs them entirely.

Otherwise, their best bet is to hope the CCC schools that play men's hockey start playing women's hockey and they can become the women's CCC. Of their remaining member's only Becker doesn't compete in the CCC full time and they are an Associate Member for both men's ice hockey and football so it would fit. The CCC schools fielding men's teams but not women's teams are Curry, Wentworth and Western New England. Curry has a women's club team but the other two would be starting from scratch.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post

In terms of upsets, the best thing to happen would be for Morrisville to come out of the CHC instead of Endicott. At that point there is a good argument for waiving the flight requirement as it's 523 miles and then bus Morrisville to Adrian as one of the first round games.
    I'm 99.9 percent sure this is not a thing. 500 miles is 500 miles and if it's 501, that team gets a flight if they want it.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I'm 99.9 percent sure this is not a thing. 500 miles is 500 miles and if it's 501, that team gets a flight if they want it.
    Where would Morrisville fly out of if they flew them?
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Where would Morrisville fly out of if they flew them?
    Hancock International (Syracuse) is about 40 miles away. That would my guess.

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    As someone brought up before...how much does the quality of opponents in the conference tourney affect the PWR.

If St Thomas wins the MIAC they will have played PW#11 in Gustavus and PW #5 in Hamline to win the MIAC.

Where Plattsburgh will play #27 Oswego and either #25 Potsdam or #17 Cortland.

Would that be enough to shift it back to St Thomas for the #1?
    I have been on record that I think it would be enough for St. Thomas to move back to #1 since Plattsburgh and St. Thomas have been switching back and forth from week to week. However, since the last "switch", St. Thomas lost to Hamline while Plattsburgh beat Middlebury. I'm not sure how much of a bump that gave Plattsburgh.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    I have been on record that I think it would be enough for St. Thomas to move back to #1 since Plattsburgh and St. Thomas have been switching back and forth from week to week. However, since the last "switch", St. Thomas lost to Hamline while Plattsburgh beat Middlebury. I'm not sure how much of a bump that gave Plattsburgh.
    Same winning percentage..Plattsburgh+.0050 in RPI. https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-rankings/d-iii-women/

GOING TO BE TIGHT !

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Same winning percentage..Plattsburgh+.0050 in RPI. https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairw...s/d-iii-women/

GOING TO BE TIGHT !
    Put the link in

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Put the link in
    How is winning percentage figured?
    Plattsburgh 23-2
    St Thomas. 21-1-2

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbunnell View Post
    How is winning percentage figured?
    Plattsburgh 23-2
    St Thomas. 21-1-2
    St. Thomas is 22-1-2. Ties count for half a win and half a loss. So with the two ties that makes St. Thomas 23-2 basically, same as Plattsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    St. Thomas is 22-1-2. Ties count for half a win and half a loss. So with the two ties that makes St. Thomas 23-2 basically, same as Plattsburgh.
    Ok got it! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    Also there'll probably be at least 1 upset and throw everything out of whack. Like if Oswego wins the NEWHL :P :P
    You mean, like if Potsdam wins the NEWHL.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    You mean, like if Potsdam wins the NEWHL.
    lol the newel is pretty much a joke of a league. doubt there will be any upsets here.

Considering they gave up 3 goals in the first 3.5 mins the last time they played GAC as the road team, St. Mary's is holding up well. Scoreless after 1 and shot count is only 7 to 5.

EDIT: And the Gusties score a minute into the 2nd when a puck goes off a St. Mary's player's skate past their goalie.
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-21-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
    lol the newel is pretty much a joke of a league. doubt there will be any upsets here.
    Remember, Potsdam did upset Elmira once in the ECAC West playoffs. Just saying...

So this poor league is arguably at its weakest point in time and Oswego is now the 2nd worst team? Wow they've really gone downhill. I thought Oswego was supposedly known as a hockey school unless that's only the reputation for the men's team. It appears that Cortland is the most improved team which is a nice surprise. As always the conference crown is Plattsburgh's to lose....and that's just not going to happen even if they're only half awake when they walz through their conference playoffs. I wonder if Morrisville will be able to give them any kind of challenge next year?
    Last edited by shelfit; 02-21-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    So this poor league is arguably at its weakest point in time and Oswego is now the 2nd worst team? Wow they've really gone downhill. I thought Oswego was supposedly known as a hockey school unless that's only the reputation for the men's team. It appears that Cortland is the most improved team which is a nice surprise. As always the conference crown is Plattsburgh's to lose....and that's just not going to happen even if they're only half awake when they walz through their conference playoffs. I wonder if Morrisville will be able to give them any kind of challenge next year?
    Oswego women have always been a .500 team give or take. They've never been the power that the men have been. Basically, in the NEWHL (and the same goes for these teams when they were in the ECAC West), the four teams behind Plattsburgh have always been relatively similar mediocrity with their ordering depending on the year.

This year has been an odd year. Oswego was sitting in second place most of the time. Then Potsdam swept them while at the same time Cortland got hot and Buffalo State went into a slump. All of a sudden, Potsdam grabs the second spot on the last weekend of the year with another series against Oswego thanks to a 1-0 win over Oswego (after losing to them the first night), Cortland takes third by virtue of sweeping Oswego the weekend before which drops the Lakers to fourth, and Buffalo State never recovers from their slump and is out of the playoffs, despite winning their last game.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

As opposed to the powerhouse that is the NEHC? Women's hockey is top heavy. Even with its weak league, Plattsburgh manages the highest SOS in the country...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

As opposed to the powerhouse that is the NEHC? Women's hockey is top heavy. Even with its weak league, Plattsburgh manages the highest SOS in the country...
    Uh oh be careful. Don't let any fans of the CACA, I mean CAC, see your comment about the highest SOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Oswego women have always been a .500 team give or take. They've never been the power that the men have been. Basically, in the NEWHL (and the same goes for these teams when they were in the ECAC West), the four teams behind Plattsburgh have always been relatively similar mediocrity with their ordering depending on the year.

This year has been an odd year. Oswego was sitting in second place most of the time. Then Potsdam swept them while at the same time Cortland got hot and Buffalo State went into a slump. All of a sudden, Potsdam grabs the second spot on the last weekend of the year with another series against Oswego thanks to a 1-0 win over Oswego (after losing to them the first night), Cortland takes third by virtue of sweeping Oswego the weekend before which drops the Lakers to fourth, and Buffalo State never recovers from their slump and is out of the playoffs, despite winning their last game.
    Wow this is a great summary for those of us not as informed about this conference. Thank you. I stand corrected about Oswego. I had it in my mind that they were always superior to their fellow also-ran SUNY sister schools. Apparently not inspite of always hearing that Oswego had a reputation for being a hockey school. It seems I incorrectly assumed the women's team was supposed to be part of that reputation. You didn't answer my question...do you think Morrisville will be able to challenge Plattsburgh next year (or anytime in the near future)? If nobody can step up and challenge Plattsburgh then this conference will always be a joke even after it expands to 7 teams. One good team and the rest are essentially garbage?! That would be really unfortunate.

Yes, the NEHC is also a terrible league. There are simply too many of these 'new' leagues that formed recently [why, I don't know] where you have one maybe two very good teams and then a group of weak sisters. Makes for a boring season. And yes, the Cac is the exception to that rule. Maybe not the #1 team in the nation, but on any given weekend, anyone in that conf can beat any team in the country. Can't say that about any other conference. Period.

Thread Information