Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 805

Thread: D3 18-19 season

  1. #301
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,169

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    St. Thomas leads Hamline 2-0 despite being outshot after 1 period.

    Plattsburgh leads Buff State 7-1 in the third. Toczek's lone score for the Bengals is the first shorthanded goal conceded by Plattsburgh since February 13, 2016 (Kayla Dion with a shorthanded ENG to seal a 4-2 Utica win).

    Hamilton up on Conn 1-0 late in the first
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-16-2019 at 04:13 PM.

  2. #302
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,169

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Pipers come back to win 3-2 in OT to hand St. Thomas their first loss of the year. Schwartzman scores the goal that denies her former team an undefeated season.
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-16-2019 at 04:13 PM.

  3. #303
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Pipers come back to win 3-2 in OT to hand St. Thomas their first loss of the year
    The right team won this one. 37-14 shots and dominated offensive play.

  4. #304
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,934

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    The right team won this one. 37-14 shots and dominated offensive play.
    To be honest, I thought Hamline looked like the better team last night as well. I didn't see today's game but felt that Hamline dominated the game more last night. Looking at the box score...St Thomas with 10 penalties today...spent a whole period on the PK... I think Hamline could put up a pretty good fight against anyone.

    I wanted St Thomas to win so those east teams would have to travel again...here's hoping Plattsburgh loses to Middlebury!


    It'll be pretty interesting to see how things shake out. What happens to Middlebury if Williams completes the sweep tonight and they lose to Plattsburgh? I'm guessing Hamline wishes they could have a couple of those ties back right now :P
    Last edited by gojackets; 02-16-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    UWS Ladyjackets

    NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

  5. #305
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    The right team won this one. 37-14 shots and dominated offensive play.
    Tommies taking 10 penalties will do that...

  6. #306
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,169

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Williams completes the weekend sweep, with Avery Dunn with the OT winner. 2-1 final

  7. #307
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    4,239

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Another week in the books and Bracketology doesn't change a ton. A quick look and I think Hamline & River Falls have switched places (meaning I still think they play each other in the tourney, but now River Falls would appear to be the home team. The other change is to replace Middlebury in the projections with Williams. They essentially switched places in the PairWise and William is the NESCAC regular season champ. I still feel the #1 seed would go back to St. Thomas if they win the MIAC tourney, which would mean the first round games would be in the east. If Plattsburgh holds onto the #1 seed, I think both first round games would be in the west.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  8. #308
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie44 View Post
    Tommies taking 10 penalties will do that...
    Umm....Hamline took 8 penalties...not that big of an advantage...next !

  9. #309
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    4,239

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Umm....Hamline took 8 penalties...not that big of an advantage...next !
    Sounds like the officials were getting paid by the whistle?
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  10. #310
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,934

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Sounds like the officials were getting paid by the whistle?
    This stretch in third they really went to work.

    STT-8 Alyssa Wallace (2-High-Sticking) HML 0x7 11:27
    HML-7 Jordan Hansen (2-Elbowing) 12:37
    STT-9 Mikayla Kero (2-Slashing) HML 0x8 12:48
    STT-10 Kate Winiecki (2-Checking) HML 1x9 14:02
    HML 2 - 2 6x5 PP Dani Wright (7) (Dani Perry/17, Molly Garin/16) 14:48
    UWS Ladyjackets

    NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

  11. #311
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,934

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Another week in the books and Bracketology doesn't change a ton. A quick look and I think Hamline & River Falls have switched places (meaning I still think they play each other in the tourney, but now River Falls would appear to be the home team. The other change is to replace Middlebury in the projections with Williams. They essentially switched places in the PairWise and William is the NESCAC regular season champ. I still feel the #1 seed would go back to St. Thomas if they win the MIAC tourney, which would mean the first round games would be in the east. If Plattsburgh holds onto the #1 seed, I think both first round games would be in the west.
    I know you're thinking in terms of money with the switching first rounds scenario. But if all of the favorites win their tourneys...Endicott and Norwich would still likely be the lowest ranked teams. Maybe Norwich would move above Eau Claire. I still think you send Endicott to Elmira and Norwich to Williams.

    I'd assume that if both Middlebury and Eau Claire lose in their championship games, Eau Claire would still get in over Middlebury (assuming Middlebury loses Tuesday)

    It'd be interesting to see what happens if Middlebury wins the NESCAC Tourney. Would Williams get in over Eau Claire at that point. And then of course that would likely mean a 1st round in the east and 1 in the west.
    UWS Ladyjackets

    NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

  12. #312
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    4,239

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    I know you're thinking in terms of money with the switching first rounds scenario. But if all of the favorites win their tourneys...Endicott and Norwich would still likely be the lowest ranked teams. Maybe Norwich would move above Eau Claire. I still think you send Endicott to Elmira and Norwich to Williams.

    I'd assume that if both Middlebury and Eau Claire lose in their championship games, Eau Claire would still get in over Middlebury (assuming Middlebury loses Tuesday)

    It'd be interesting to see what happens if Middlebury wins the NESCAC Tourney. Would Williams get in over Eau Claire at that point. And then of course that would likely mean a 1st round in the east and 1 in the west.
    You're overlooking the "Adrian problem". Elmira is the only team in contention right now that will make the tournament within 500 miles of Adrian. If that's the case, you can book the Adrian @ Elmira QF game. After that, I am guessing that the first round will involve whichever region has the #2 team (Plattsburgh or St. Thomas). I was also not projecting the conference tourneys. Obviously all bets are off if (when) favorites fall off in the conference tournaments.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  13. #313
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    To be honest, I thought Hamline looked like the better team last night as well. I didn't see today's game but felt that Hamline dominated the game more last night. Looking at the box score...St Thomas with 10 penalties today...spent a whole period on the PK... I think Hamline could put up a pretty good fight against anyone.

    I wanted St Thomas to win so those east teams would have to travel again...here's hoping Plattsburgh loses to Middlebury!


    It'll be pretty interesting to see how things shake out. What happens to Middlebury if Williams completes the sweep tonight and they lose to Plattsburgh? I'm guessing Hamline wishes they could have a couple of those ties back right now :P
    Hamline carried the play for good portions of the series with Tommies dominating the 3rd on Friday night. Very even teams, Hamline with some high end forwards and Tommies with solid structre and advantage on the back end.
    Hopefully play again in 2 weeks.

  14. #314
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    You're overlooking the "Adrian problem". Elmira is the only team in contention right now that will make the tournament within 500 miles of Adrian. If that's the case, you can book the Adrian @ Elmira QF game. After that, I am guessing that the first round will involve whichever region has the #2 team (Plattsburgh or St. Thomas). I was also not projecting the conference tourneys. Obviously all bets are off if (when) favorites fall off in the conference tournaments.
    Yeah Iím aware of that. I was going with Endicott/Elmira matchup because 1..it would be illogical to make the 1/2 seed play in the 1st round. Are they really willing to throw any semblance of bracket integrityout the window, to save a few bucks. And 2, I know anythingís possible but they can probably feel fairly safe sending Endicott to Elmira for the first round and still get the Elmira/Adrian matchup. And if Endicott manages to win that game, theyíve earned the flight.

    All that being said, after watching the games this weekend...iíd Bet on hamline winning the MIAC and the first rounds being in the west 😜

    On a completely different topic, I obviously havenít been paying as much attention this year. Itís hard living in AZ and loving D3 womenís hockey. Lol. But I see that Manhattanville and a couple other teams are in the MAC conference but are also in the UCHC. How does that work?
    Last edited by gojackets; 02-17-2019 at 12:02 PM.

  15. #315
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    4,239

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    Yeah Iím aware of that. I was going with Endicott/Elmira matchup because 1..it would be illogical to make the 1/2 seed play in the 1st round. Are they really willing to throw any semblance of bracket integrityout the window, to save a few bucks. And 2, I know anythingís possible but they can probably feel fairly safe sending Endicott to Elmira for the first round and still get the Elmira/Adrian matchup. And if Endicott manages to win that game, theyíve earned the flight.


    On a completely different topic, I obviously havenít been paying as much attention this year. Itís hard living in AZ and loving D3 womenís hockey. Lol. But I see that Manhattanville and a couple other teams are in the MAC conference but are also in the UCHC. How does that work?
    I understand what you're saying, but yes, I think DIII women's hockey would rather trash bracket integrity than take a risk on an unnecessary flight before the final four. I hope I'm wrong, but history suggests I'm not. The Elmira/Adrian game has become an annual matchup regardless of where either is ranked. And I think they'll try to keep #1 out of the first round, but they'll make #2 play to avoid the possible flight.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  16. #316
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,621
    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    Yeah Iím aware of that. I was going with Endicott/Elmira matchup because 1..it would be illogical to make the 1/2 seed play in the 1st round. Are they really willing to throw any semblance of bracket integrityout the window, to save a few bucks. And 2, I know anythingís possible but they can probably feel fairly safe sending Endicott to Elmira for the first round and still get the Elmira/Adrian matchup. And if Endicott manages to win that game, theyíve earned the flight.

    All that being said, after watching the games this weekend...iíd Bet on hamline winning the MIAC and the first rounds being in the west 😜

    On a completely different topic, I obviously havenít been paying as much attention this year. Itís hard living in AZ and loving D3 womenís hockey. Lol. But I see that Manhattanville and a couple other teams are in the MAC conference but are also in the UCHC. How does that work?
    1) Yes.
    2) Good point.

    The same way there is an Ivy League and an ECAC Hockey League.

  17. #317
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    1) Yes.
    2) Good point.

    The same way there is an Ivy League and an ECAC Hockey League.
    Yeah I was thinking after I posted it that the WIAC teams used to be in the WIAC and the NCHA...but I donít think they posted the WIAC on college hockey stats.

    I just was thinking the west needs to get to the point where it has 3 auto bids. Iím sure those southern WI/Illinois/Indiana/Michigan teams would love to get those Northland, Finlandia, St Scholastica road trips off their schedules. And all of those teams are within a few hours of the WIAC teams. Granted, it wouldnít help the strength of schedule for the likes of River Falls...but again, playing Superior 3 times this year didnít help them either.

    Would be nice to see some new arrangement out west.
    Last edited by gojackets; 02-17-2019 at 12:55 PM.

  18. #318
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    67

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    This stretch in third they really went to work.

    STT-8 Alyssa Wallace (2-High-Sticking) HML 0x7 11:27
    HML-7 Jordan Hansen (2-Elbowing) 12:37
    STT-9 Mikayla Kero (2-Slashing) HML 0x8 12:48
    STT-10 Kate Winiecki (2-Checking) HML 1x9 14:02
    HML 2 - 2 6x5 PP Dani Wright (7) (Dani Perry/17, Molly Garin/16) 14:48

    I can't believe they played the most important series of the conference season with the worst refereeing crew. This is the worst group working the league.

  19. #319
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,169

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    There's only one regular season game left in DIII women's hockey, and the conference playoffs are already through one round for the NEHC. Here's a summary, let me know if anything looks off:

    CHC (Autobid)
    Quarterfinals - 2/23:
    #6 Salve Regina @ #3 Morrisville
    #5 UNE @ #4 Canton

    Semis 3/2 and Championship 3/3 at #1 seed Endicott
    Lowest remaining seed @ #1 Endicott
    Highest remaining seed vs #2 Nichols

    MIAC (Autobid)
    1st Round - 2/21
    #5 St. Mary's @ #4 GAC

    Semifinals - 2/23
    #5 St. Mary's/#4 GAC @ #1 St. Thomas
    #3 Augsburg @ #2 Hamline

    Championship - 3/2
    Lowest remaining seed @ Highest remaining seed


    NCHA (Autobid)
    Quarterfinals (two games + minigame if nec.) - 2/23 and 2/24
    #6 St. Norbert @ #1 Adrian
    #5 Concordia (WI) @ #2 St. Scholastica
    #4 Trine @ #3 Lake Forest

    Semifinal/Championship - Weekend of March 1-3 at highest remaining seed
    Semifinal:
    3rd highest remaining seed vs 2nd highest remaining seed
    Final:
    Semifinal winner vs host


    NEHC (Autobid)
    NEHC playoffs started this weekend with Quarterfinals

    Semifinals - 2/23
    #7 UMB @ #1 Norwich
    #5 JWU @ #3 Castleton

    Final 3/2
    Lowest Remaining Seed @ Highest Remaining Seed

    NESCAC (Autobid)

    Quarterfinals - 2/23
    #8 Wesleyan @ #1 Williams
    #7 Conn College @ #2 Middlebury
    #6 Colby @ #3 Hamilton
    #5 Amherst @ #4 Trinity

    Semifinals/Final - Weekend of March 1-3 at Highest Remaining Seed
    Semis:
    Lowest Remaining Seed @ Highest Remaining Seed
    Second Lowest Remaining vs Second Highest Remaining

    Final:
    Semi 1 Winner vs Semi 2 Winner

    NEWHL (Autobid)
    Semifinals - 2/23
    #4 Oswego @ #1 Plattsburgh
    #3 Cortland @ #2 Potsdam

    Final - 3/2
    Lowest Remaining Seed @ Highest Remaining Seed

    UCHC (Pool B)
    Opening Round - 2/23
    #6 Neumann @ #3 William Smith
    #5 Utica @ #4 Manhattanville

    Semifinal - 3/2 at Elmira College
    Highest Remaining Seed vs #2 Nazareth
    Lowest Remaining Seed vs #1 Elmira

    Championship - 3/3 at Elmira College
    Semifinal 1 winner vs Semifinal 2 winner

    WIAC (Pool B)
    Semifinals (two games) - 2/22 and 2/23
    #4 UW-Superior @ #1 UW-River Falls
    #3 UW-Stevens Point @ #2 UW-Eau Claire

    Championship - 3/2
    Lowest Remaining Seed @ Highest Remaining Seed
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-18-2019 at 02:49 PM.

  20. #320
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,934

    Re: D3 18-19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post

    NCHA (Autobid)
    Quarterfinals (two games + minigame if nec.) - 2/23 and 2/24
    #6 St. Norbert @ #1 Adrian
    #5 Concordia (WI) @ #2 St. Scholastica
    #4 Trine @ #3 Lake Forest

    Semifinal/Championship - Weekend of March 1-3 at highest remaining seed
    Semifinal:
    3rd highest remaining seed vs 2nd highest remaining seed
    Final:
    Semifinal winner vs host

    Has to be one of the stranger playoff formats I've seen. #1 seed plays in the first round, skips the 2nd round and then plays in the championship.

    Is this to minimize the number of teams busing to Adrian every year?
    UWS Ladyjackets

    NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •