Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: D3 18-19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Call It View Post
    Your pov is that he is not arrogant, perhaps you have blinders on? He is beyond arrogant, a jerk really. He's not even worth going out for beers if he is buying.

The Cadets have a lot of talent BUT if talent doesn't work. They currently have summer tires on in Northfield, yeah you can have a fast care but if all you are going to do is spin your tires than w tf is the point? Does Bolding not know how to change a tire?

Remember, UVM passed him over. One might think think that he's better than Plummer. I think his arrogance lost him a chance at that job.

As far as him getting POd, he should! You tied Castleton, lol. Crying really snowflakes?!
    I don’t think he is arrogant, but I have an admittedly biased view. I’ve heard from a lot of people who are not affiliated with Norwich (including within this thread) who also do not feel that he is arrogant, based on their interactions with him.

I think the success he’s had shows he is capable of “changing a tire”; he has an engineering degree, after all.

Notice how no one ever seems to accuse losers of being arrogant? Weird.

Your final point, we can agree on. Teams in all sports, across genders, at every level, get ripped occasionally. Everyone crying about that needs to get a grip.

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Re: D3 18-19 season

Elmira beats Kings 16-0 today and outshoots them 72-3.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Only one penalty the whole game?

Did they do anything to try and mitigate this, like having forwards play defender and vice-versa?

The whole thing is brutal.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Yeah but you forgot to mention that the game was close for the first 14 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Yeah but you forgot to mention that the game was close for the first 14 seconds.
    I'm guessing that perhaps now, folks will finally see my earlier point....there are top U14 teams out there that would beat several of these new "Programs" [including this poor joke of a team].

Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    I'm guessing that perhaps now, folks will finally see my earlier point....there are top U14 teams out there that would beat several of these new "Programs" [including this poor joke of a team].
    Stop beating this poor dead horse. Nobody cares but you because you've been cross checked to the head too many times on and off the ice.

Looks like Plattsburgh has recruited their first Canadian player since Leonard and Fadel left after the 16-17 season. Will we ever see the number of Canadian women in DIII Women's hockey return to previous levels of a few years ago or is what we're seeing now permanent?

Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Stop beating this poor dead horse. Nobody cares but you because you've been cross checked to the head too many times on and off the ice.
    LOL. well you sure seem to care since you respond to every post...and claim that these "teams" are good for the game. SFI

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Looks like Plattsburgh has recruited their first Canadian player since Leonard and Fadel left after the 16-17 season. Will we ever see the number of Canadian women in DIII Women's hockey return to previous levels of a few years ago or is what we're seeing now permanent?

Lol this looks like RPI's thread when they get commitments except those are D1 verbal commitments and this is a D3 verbal commitment. I can't recall the last time I saw a D3 commitment published publicly like this.

Lol this looks like RPI's thread when they get commitments except those are D1 verbal commitments and this is a D3 verbal commitment. I can't recall the last time I saw a D3 commitment published publicly like this.
    You must not be on Twitter or Instagram because a lot of junior programs or coaching programs make posts like this when their players commit to DIII. Some of them actually produce some good graphics.
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

You must not be on Twitter or Instagram because a lot of junior programs or coaching programs make posts like this when their players commit to DIII. Some of them actually produce some good graphics.
    Exactly. Happens all the time nowadays in both men and women.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    LOL. well you sure seem to care since you respond to every post...and claim that these "teams" are good for the game. SFI
    You are indeed a complete idiot and obviously can't read or perhaps it's your comprehension and retention abilities that are so sadly lacking. I have been highly critical of schools like Daniel Webster, Wilkes, and the like, that so clearly insult our sport with their ignorance of how to start and operate a women's program. I believe I once posted that the NCAA shouldn't let teams of a certain minimum roster size participate in a college hockey season. I have a history of criticizing schools that so obviously don't know what they are doing, don't properly commit to and support their women's programs, and those that don't treat their women's programs in an equitable manner to their men's programs. I talk about college programs...apples to apples. Nobody really cares about whether or not a U14 team or any other age group of youth hockey team can beat these crappy so-called college hockey programs. It's a moronic point. I've seen good U10 teams that could beat crappy U14 teams but guess what, nobody cares about that either!

I agree shelfit. Verbal Commitments are actually only valid at the D-1 level. The NLI website is very clear on this. To support you point, why do people even do this at D3???

Last edited by agfire; 01-31-2019 at 02:17 PM. Reason: mispell

Quote Originally Posted by agfire View Post
    I agree shelfit. Verbal Commitments are actually only valid at the D-1 level. The NLI website is very clear on this. To support you point, why do people even do this at D3???
    The players do it because choosing a college and being recruited to an NCAA program is a milestone in their life, even if it's DIII. As with any milestone in the social media era, they want to share that online with their social media followers (usually comprised of their family, friends, teammates, etc). Many people of their age share their college choice even if it's not involving a varsity team.

Organizations do it for a few reasons:

1) Treating all of their players' commitments as big deals (not just D1) is good marketing to their prospective players and their families. That they are invested in their futures and celebrate their accomplishments with them.
    2) It makes their program look better by showcasing as many players down the roster as possible. Instead of publicizing 3 players went D1, they publicize that they had 3 D1 commits 3 more to the big 7 DIII and say 2 more to the other DIII programs. It shows the growth of all of the players in the class, not just the stars.
    3) Celebrating with their players as a family and as they progress through their college career (for example I've seen The Gunnery, Lady Ducks and others congratulating their DIII alumni on their accomplishments like NCAAs or conference awards on social) keeps them feeling a part of the family, a feeling they hope is is still there if they need to turn to alumni for financial contribution or other alumni help (expertise, mentoring current students, etc).

I don't see the harm it does either party to be concerned about it.
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Build the Wall on the Canadian Border!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Elmira has no class! Karma is real Elmira & the Hockey Gods are watching

You are indeed a complete idiot and obviously can't read or perhaps it's your comprehension and retention abilities that are so sadly lacking. I have been highly critical of schools like Daniel Webster, Wilkes, and the like, that so clearly insult our sport with their ignorance of how to start and operate a women's program. I believe I once posted that the NCAA shouldn't let teams of a certain minimum roster size participate in a college hockey season. I have a history of criticizing schools that so obviously don't know what they are doing, don't properly commit to and support their women's programs, and those that don't treat their women's programs in an equitable manner to their men's programs. I talk about college programs...apples to apples. Nobody really cares about whether or not a U14 team or any other age group of youth hockey team can beat these crappy so-called college hockey programs. It's a moronic point. I've seen good U10 teams that could beat crappy U14 teams but guess what, nobody cares about that either!
    Exactly, bumblef;kk. So you agree with me [my point was that these so called "programs" have no business playing NCAA hockey. GYAFR

Great idea!

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

So I was looking at the Pairwise and trying to visualize a Bracketology as of January 31, 2019. It would appear there are five eastern teams and five western teams that would get in as of today: Plattsburgh (NEWHL), St. Thomas (MIAC), Adrian (NCHA), Middlebury (NESCAC), Norwich (NEHC), Nichols (CHC), Elmira (Pool B), Wisc River Falls (Pool C), Hamline (Pool C), and GAC (Pool C). If I did this right, all three Pool C teams would come from the West.

We would have two first round games and this is where it gets interesting. Adrian is only within 500 miles of one other potential team in the tourney. The only way I can find to avoid a flight in the QF round would be to slate Elmira (3) and Adrian (5) to play in the QF. It would also require both QF games to be either in the east or in the west. That would require either #1 Plattsburgh or #2 St. Thomas to play in the first round. You could have Plattsburgh (1) play Nichols (10) or have St. Thomas (2) play GAC (8).

Any thoughts?
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    So I was looking at the Pairwise and trying to visualize a Bracketology as of January 31, 2019. It would appear there are five eastern teams and five western teams that would get in as of today: Plattsburgh (NEWHL), St. Thomas (MIAC), Adrian (NCHA), Middlebury (NESCAC), Norwich (NEHC), Nichols (CHC), Elmira (Pool B), Wisc River Falls (Pool C), Hamline (Pool C), and GAC (Pool C). If I did this right, all three Pool C teams would come from the West.

We would have two first round games and this is where it gets interesting. Adrian is only within 500 miles of one other potential team in the tourney. The only way I can find to avoid a flight in the QF round would be to slate Elmira (3) and Adrian (5) to play in the QF. It would also require both QF games to be either in the east or in the west. That would require either #1 Plattsburgh or #2 St. Thomas to play in the first round. You could have Plattsburgh (1) play Nichols (10) or have St. Thomas (2) play GAC (8).

Any thoughts?
    Is there anything preventing them from setting up the bracket to do two first round games on Friday night like they did with GAC and UWEC just because they have 10 teams? Because if those are the teams I would do:

Nichols/Middlebury @ Plattsburgh
    Norwich/Adrian @ Elmira

GAC @ Hamline
    UW-River Falls @ St. Thomas
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Thread Information