D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Plattsburgh up 1-0 after a pretty even first period. Shots are 8-7 in favor of Hamline
    A lot of speed on Hamline. Good game so far.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      Would this be known as a PWR failure?
      I don't know if you can say that considering what transpired with the team this weekend. Losing your all-star before the games has to take a mental hit and then going down 2-0 in the first 2 minutes of the game takes the wind out of your sails. You never know obviously, but you probably see something different if Torpy's in net.

Also, I didn't watch the third place game...but O'brien made some ridiculous saves yesterday that kept them off the board.
      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
        I don't know if you can say that considering what transpired with the team this weekend. Losing your all-star before the games has to take a mental hit and then going down 2-0 in the first 2 minutes of the game takes the wind out of your sails. You never know obviously, but you probably see something different if Torpy's in net.

Also, I didn't watch the third place game...but O'brien made some ridiculous saves yesterday that kept them off the board.
        Is the PW really relevant at this level when there so few games between East and West. Not sure there is a better system.

Comment

Its not looking promising. But Simon is amazing. Hamline has 4 seniors, 2 that seem to be main contributors....O'Brien's a freshman. If not this year...next!
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Sorry, but what does the goalie have to do with the offense. If they lost the games 5-4, I would agree.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• I lost video...
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Sorry, but what does the goalie have to do with the offense. If they lost the games 5-4, I would agree.
                If they had lost 5-4 you wouldn't be complaining that they didn't score any goals. Try to read slowly and comprehend what I said.

But I get it. They should just have Plattsburgh the permanent host.
                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

If they had lost 5-4 you wouldn't be complaining that they didn't score any goals. Try to read slowly and comprehend what I said.

But I get it. They should just have Plattsburgh the permanent host.
                  Never said that...the PWR did not work this time..and may never in D3

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Congrats to Plattsburgh once again!
                    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

So happy for this squad, coming together with a lot of new faces, players stepping up in bigger roles.

What a great game. Hamline was really fast and I had nerves watching until that third goal...

Comment

Very impressed with Plattsburgh, good to see where you need to be at to win a Natty title. PW irrelevant at this level with minimal games v E and W. Great showcase of D3 womens hockey on display in the State of Hockey, especially with the packed house on Friday and great media coverage in the twin cities. Kudos to St. Thomas for being good hosts, including not scoring any goals in 2 games.

Comment

• The Pied Pipers of Hamline were not able to find any magic in their collective pipe to score any goals or to lure the Cardinals of Plattsburgh out of town without the national championship trophy in their hands. Maybe we jinxed them with all the mascot name talk before the game. How many times has Plattsburgh won it on the road?

Comment

Never said that...the PWR did not work this time..and may never in D3
                            The PWR is supposed to seed the teams and pick the at large selections. It did work for that with no controversy for a change. The Number 1 seed doesn't necessarily always win. In bouncy ball how many times does the number one seed win. PWR measures success in the regular season.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Natalie Darwitz used part of her opening comments at the Hamline postgame presser to call for the NCAA to institute a day off between the semis and final like they do in D1. She said the team didn't have energy after playing an "emotional" late game and drug tests that caused them to not get back to the team hotel after midnight.

Houle of Plattsburgh was asked about it during the Plattsburgh presser and commented how it was not likely to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                                Natalie Darwitz used part of her opening comments at the Hamline postgame presser to call for the NCAA to institute a day off between the semis and final like they do in D1. She said the team didn't have energy after playing an "emotional" late game and drug tests that caused them to not get back to the team hotel after midnight.

Houle of Plattsburgh was asked about it during the Plattsburgh presser and commented how it was not likely to happen.
                                And isn't that why the higher seed is supposed to get the early game? However, if that was the team without energy out there today...they were skating pretty fast.

Maybe cut the third place game and give them an extra day
                                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
                                X