D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearcat View Post
    Turns out that little old Williams gave Platty the most competitive came of the NCAA [ya, Endicott, but look at the Box, that was a fluke]. West once again goes down w/o much of a fight.
    Biased opinion: Yes, Williams gave Plattsburgh the toughest win of the tournament, but having watched all four games for the Cardinals, my personal observation was that Hamline was the fastest and strongest team the Cardinals faced. For the second meeting in a row, Hamline outshot Plattsburgh. In my opinion, the difference was goaltending: O’Brien was good, Abbott was great.

Hamline is no joke, they’re just not quite there yet.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      No bad for a scrub goalie who wouldn't see the ice on other DIII teams and a team in general that plays against the lowest level DIII teams all season....

I've heard rumblings that the Western coaches are banding together and will be separating from the NCAA tournament to have their own Western NCAA Tournament to guarantee them a National Title. Each player will also undergo several hours of massaging and be tucked in each night to make sure they get the proper sleep so they are fresh and ready to go with a week in between the Semi Final and Finals. They will also travel first class if they have to travel more than 5 miles. (**** Hamline only had to travel 3, sorry).

Sorry, I lost just about all respect for this coach after the whining. It really diminishes an overall great game/season by Hamline with those comments.
      not a scrub, but totally inflated stats...average tender on great team. [horrendous joke of a Conf.]

Comment

• Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
        not a scrub, but totally inflated stats...average tender on great team. [horrendous joke of a Conf.]
        Still finished higher than a NESCRAP....go figure
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Still finished higher than a NESCRAP....go figure
          9 years since the last time a NESCAC team won it all, six since the last time a NESCAC team made the championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
            9 years since the last time a NESCAC team won it all, six since the last time a NESCAC team made the championship game.
            LOL....ya, well it's a funny thing. When you have the toughest admission standards in the nation it can tend to limit your recruiting options. Conversely, when a ham sandwich can gain admission, like at Platty and other places, it does often help one's chances of winning.

Comment

LoL and here come the excuses lol right on cue
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

LoL and here come the excuses lol right on cue
                I can't believe I'm going to agree with Crosscheck!

We all know that some (not all but there certainly have been a few....and at Plattsburgh specifically!) of the rock stars at the DIII level are there because they couldn't get past the DI clearinghouse or couldn't get in academically into the DI hockey program that wanted them.
                That's not an excuse, and Plattsburgh definitely deserves credit for building a consistent winner, but to ignore the obvious advantage would be disingenious.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                  I can't believe I'm going to agree with Crosscheck!

We all know that some (not all but there certainly have been a few....and at Plattsburgh specifically!) of the rock stars at the DIII level are there because they couldn't get past the DI clearinghouse or couldn't get in academically into the DI hockey program that wanted them.
                  That's not an excuse, and Plattsburgh definitely deserves credit for building a consistent winner, but to ignore the obvious advantage would be disingenious.
                  When the competition goes from NCAA DIII Women's Ice Hockey to NCAA DIII Women's Acamdemic Paper Writing I'll take that into consideration. When it comes to the play on the ice, the ECAC West had the NESCAC doubled up on titles 10-5 at the time they disbanded. And it seems like the NESCAC's best years in the tourney came when Plattsburgh, Elmira and RIT were wearing each other out in the ECAC West. You'd think with all the resources NESCAC schools have compared to state schools one of them would have found their way to rise above the pack more often.

Maybe next season will be the year. Middlebury is always dangerous and Williams has a good core, what looks like some good recruits for them and I'm sure having an assistant coach who comes from such a winning tradition has contributed to their improvement

Comment

When the competition goes from NCAA DIII Women's Ice Hockey to NCAA DIII Women's Acamdemic Paper Writing I'll take that into consideration. When it comes to the play on the ice, the ECAC West had the NESCAC doubled up on titles 10-5 at the time they disbanded. And it seems like the NESCAC's best years in the tourney came when Plattsburgh, Elmira and RIT were wearing each other out in the ECAC West. You'd think with all the resources NESCAC schools have compared to state schools one of them would have found their way to rise above the pack more often.

Maybe next season will be the year. Middlebury is always dangerous and Williams has a good core, what looks like some good recruits for them and I'm sure having an assistant coach who comes from such a winning tradition has contributed to their improvement
                    Its interesting everyone has focused on the Nescac. What about MIAC with 3 teams ranked in the top 11 or WIAC with 2 teams. I know most of pooh pooh the teams from the west but I see there coaches at a lot of showcases recruiting. The MIAC will St Thomas, Hameline, Gustavus and Augsburg all battling it out for top stop next year. Gustavus had 11 freshmen on the team most carrying playing time and were in the top ten for most of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk66 View Post
                      Its interesting everyone has focused on the Nescac. What about MIAC with 3 teams ranked in the top 11 or WIAC with 2 teams. I know most of pooh pooh the teams from the west but I see there coaches at a lot of showcases recruiting. The MIAC will St Thomas, Hameline, Gustavus and Augsburg all battling it out for top stop next year. Gustavus had 11 freshmen on the team most carrying playing time and were in the top ten for most of the year.
                      Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess. The MIAC is definitely a tough competitive conference, but they don't have fans squawking about being the supreme conference. If you look at the last 10 championship tourneys, the MIAC has been to the semifinals at twice the rate of the NESCAC.

Comment

Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess. The MIAC is definitely a tough competitive conference, but they don't have fans squawking about being the supreme conference. If you look at the last 10 championship tourneys, the MIAC has been to the semifinals at twice the rate of the NESCAC.
                        I'm about the only one who advocates for the western teams on a regular basis! :P

I wouldn't sleep on Hamline next year. They only had 4 seniors...with Schwartzmen being the only really big contributor. Plus O'Brien won't be a freshmen anymore and will have that Title game under her belt.

But the east really needs to do something to bring Plattsburgh down a notch
                        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          Never said that...the PWR did not work this time..and may never in D3
                          3 of the 4 number 1 seeds in the D1 Men's tournament lost in the first round...guess the PWR didn't work there either?
                          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

This week's Sports Illustrated (dated April 8) features Plattsburgh's goaltender Kassi Abbott. It highlights her 29 save shutout against Hamline and her DIII record save %, program record GAA and her leading DIII in shutouts in 18-19.

Comment

LOL. Scotty, Scotty, Scottie... But the competition [in life] actually DOES involve winning the "Acamdemic" [lol] Paper Writing....Which equals success in real life, not on some D3 hockey rink in front of 80 fans. As for the "resources" the nescac schools supposedly have that the state schools don't...Really? Compare Platty or Plymouth St, or Osweeeego's rinks to Amherst, Willy, Wesly or Conn and then get back to me. You're totally lost. And beyond that, you missed the point...No offense but "rising above the pack" is just a tad more difficult when the hockey pucks on your team couldn't get by nescac admissions...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                                3 of the 4 number 1 seeds in the D1 Men's tournament lost in the first round...guess the PWR didn't work there either?
                                Yeah, but one of them was St. Cloud State, so that one doesn't count.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X