Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: D3 18-19 season

Re: D3 18-19 season

Quote Originally Posted by 4and20 View Post
    Unless they lose one this weekend to SNC
    Yes, losing other games would hurt them too...
    Last edited by gojackets; 02-08-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Despite being badly outshot, Utica had a 2-1 lead early in the 2nd against Elmira. But Elmira would score 4 straight goals to complete the comeback and win by a 5-2 score. Meg Lahey had 3 assists on those 4 goals they scored after giving up the lead, with Strawinski adding a goal and an assist. Maddy Jerolman scored two goals to bring her to 99 career points and she'll look for 100 and beyond in tomorrow's leg of the home and home series.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Plattsburgh rolls up a shorthanded Potsdam 7-0 in a game that had its sloppy points. Potsdam had injury and illness issues that left them with 7 forwards and 4 defenders. 2 goals each for Whitney, Moriarty and Katonka plus a beauty of a goal from Unsworth. There was a delay in the 3rd when one of the refs took a slapper to the nose with no deflection. He had to be attended to and the ice cleaned up, hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Colby takes down Middlebury 1-0

Crazy...Eau Claire scored 5 goals in about a 5 minute stretch in the first and is leading River Falls 5-0 almost at 2nd Intermission
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Colby takes down Middlebury 1-0
    What's up with mandingo? Losing to a lot of nescac scrubs this year...I guess the refs don't put up with his BS anymore.

Change to the Middlebury @ Plattsburgh game originally scheduled for tomorrow night:

Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Midd at Plattsburgh 2/19

Quote Originally Posted by obserbear View Post
    Midd at Plattsburgh 2/19
    Timing of the rescheduled game is interesting. Middlebury will be coming off a home and home against Middlebury and Plattsburgh off of their longest road trip of the season.
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Timing of the rescheduled game is interesting. Middlebury will be coming off a home and home against Middlebury and Plattsburgh off of their longest road trip of the season.
    Middlebury's home and home with Williams will probably determine the #1 spot in seeding NESCAC playoffs. I imagine concentrating on preparing for the Ephs was a factor.

Lol, oh come on, it's not like it's a tough road trip for Plattsburgh. They can dial in these two upcoming shutout wins against the worst team in their league. Remember that Buffalo made their rink manager the interim coach for this season instead of finding a real coach. Another guy with no prior experience coaching women and look how that's gone.
    Last edited by shelfit; 02-11-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obserbear View Post
    Middlebury's home and home with Williams will probably determine the #1 spot in seeding NESCAC playoffs. I imagine concentrating on preparing for the Ephs was a factor.
    Go to weather.com and pull the weather for 12901. Read the storm warning for yourself. Up to 15 inches of snow & sleet along with 35mph winds. The trip from the Crown Point bridge to Plattsburgh will almost be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Lol, oh come on, it's not like it's a tough road trip for Plattsburgh. They can dial in these two upcoming shutout wins against the worst team in their league. Remember that Buffalo made their rink manager the interim coach for this season instead of finding a real coach. Another guy with no prior experience coaching women and look how that's gone.
    not the games...the travel 377 miles each way. Winter travel on the NYS thruway can come to a standstill in minutes. Clear one minute and then a complete whiteout. Not a fun trip.

Last time Plattsburgh faced Buff State on the road to end the conference schedule, Buff State came away with a tie. The Cardinals shouldn't (and hopefully won't) overlook the games and accompanying long ride there and back.
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Go to weather.com and pull the weather for 12901. Read the storm warning for yourself. Up to 15 inches of snow & sleet along with 35mph winds. The trip from the Crown Point bridge to Plattsburgh will almost be impossible.
    I was planning to drive up from Old Lyme, but bailed when I saw the extended forecast for 2/12-2/13.

That would be Buffalo State...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

If the season ended today and the teams leading their conference standings right now won the conference tournament....here is your field. (Pairwise ranking in parenthesis)

Colonial - Endicott (12)
    MIAC - St. Thomas (2)
    NCHA - Adrian (4)
    NEHC - Norwich (10)
    NESCAC - Middlebury (7)
    NEWHL - Plattsburgh (1)

Pool B - Elmira (3)
    Pool C - Hamline (5)
    Pool C - River Falls (6)
    Pool C - Eau Claire (8)

Have fun making a bracket with this while adhering to the limiting flights (500 miles or more) rule for first round and quarterfinal matchups. I haven't found a solution where a flight is avoidable yet.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

First Round:
    Endicott @ Plattsburgh
    Middlebury @ Norwich

QF:
    Adrian @ Elmira
    Eau Claire @ St. Thomas
    River Falls @ Hamline
    Endicott/Plattsbugh vs. Middlebury Norwich

Is there a flight in here I'm not seeing? If not, I don't even want to hear the term "bracket integrity" from the Committee except to say they didn't consider it.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    First Round:
    Endicott @ Plattsburgh
    Middlebury @ Norwich

QF:
    Adrian @ Elmira
    Eau Claire @ St. Thomas
    River Falls @ Hamline
    Endicott/Plattsbugh vs. Middlebury Norwich

Is there a flight in here I'm not seeing? If not, I don't even want to hear the term "bracket integrity" from the Committee except to say they didn't consider it.
    Touche...you've done it. Apparently I didn't ponder on it long enough. Didn't even consider Plattsburgh for the play-in round but you're right....it can be done that way. Plattsburgh gets hosed having to play a play-in game, but they do get the "weakest" team in the field on paper and then host again Saturday while Midd or Norwich would make the short trip across the lake to Platty.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

I was just reading over the 2019 NCAA Division 111 Women’s Ice Hockey Championship Manual and the way I read it Hamline, River Falls and Eau Claire are all Pool B teams, along with Elmira. If that is accurate then only one of those 4 teams would make the tournament. Here are a couple of excerpts from the manual:

Pool A - 6 Pool B - 1 Pool C - 3

Pool B will consist of independent institutions and institutions that are members of conferences that do not meet the requirements for automatic qualification.

Pool B (4)
    Independents (4)
    University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire University of Wisconsin-River Falls
    University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point University of Wisconsin-Superior

Pool B (12)
    United Collegiate Hockey Conference (11)
    Chatham University Elmira College
    King’s College Lebanon Valley College Manhattanville College Nazareth College
    Neumann University Stevenson University Utica College
    Wilkes University William Smith College

Independents (1)
    Anna Maria College

Here is the link for the manual:

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ampsManual.pdf

If I am reading this wrong and someone can explain why that would be appreciated. If I am accurate the field will look significantly different.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    If the season ended today and the teams leading their conference standings right now won the conference tournament....here is your field. (Pairwise ranking in parenthesis)

Colonial - Endicott (12)
    MIAC - St. Thomas (2)
    NCHA - Adrian (4)
    NEHC - Norwich (10)
    NESCAC - Middlebury (7)
    NEWHL - Plattsburgh (1)

Pool B - Elmira (3)
    Pool C - Hamline (5)
    Pool C - River Falls (6)
    Pool C - Eau Claire (8)

Have fun making a bracket with this while adhering to the limiting flights (500 miles or more) rule for first round and quarterfinal matchups. I haven't found a solution where a flight is avoidable yet.

Thread Information