D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Exciting quarterfinal action! 3 of the 4 games were terrific back and forth games. Eau Claire was briefly up 3-1 but had a goal called back and then UST scored the second goal not long after. Certainly the turning point of the game. I didn’t have the sound on that game as I was watching 3 of the 4 simultaneously. Anyone know why it was called off?
    I was listening and I never heard the play by play folks say why. They guessed that maybe it was kicked in. It was pretty strange sequence. Goal was scored and Eau Claire celebrated, teams went to their benches and then St Thomas captains skated over to official and talked to her for awhile. It looked like someone came on with a phone or something with video and then official called the all officials together and they chatted for 4-5 minutes at center ice and then waived the goal off.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Net was off

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        Assuming St. Thomas is the host, does the NCAA have to put Hamline up in a hotel because they're technically a road team or does the fact that Hamline is 4 miles from St. Thomas on the TES mean the Pipers stay in their dorms/apartments? Just curious how the logistics work in this scenario.
        If Hamline wants to stay in hotel rooms, they have the right to them. Every team is treated “equally” at these championships.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
          Congrats to Adrian! And haha to Elmira, I said earlier Karma would catch up to this team. Hats off to Tim, way to lose with 3rd set of D on the ice. Katie, lots of folks pick for the D3 Player of the year... no points, nada. She is good but not worthy of it. How about Elmira's fans, total idiots with no class!
          way to show your class buddy.
          The Titanic only had one Captain..........
          "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
          "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
          9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
            Assuming St. Thomas is the host, does the NCAA have to put Hamline up in a hotel because they're technically a road team or does the fact that Hamline is 4 miles from St. Thomas on the TES mean the Pipers stay in their dorms/apartments? Just curious how the logistics work in this scenario.

St Thomas has announced they’re hosting. So enjoy the twin cities!
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Adrian vs Elmira

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              Adrian catches Martin out of position and the freshman VonRuden scores the OT game winner and punches a ticket to the semifinals! 3-2 final over Elmira
              Couple of thoughts:
              • Adrian lost their captain halfway through the 2nd, and skated only 3 lines after that. Didn't show it in the intensity, energy
              • Fairly obvious that Elmira isn't accustomed to seeing that caliber talent on a nightly basis in the UCHC
              • Elmira's defense looked alarmingly like EC's men's defense when Tim coached that team
              • Adrian's defense blocked every quality Elmira shot attempt; relegated EC to point shots that were easily stopped
              • Elmira had two wide open breakaway opportunities that went begging

Comment

Great contest at Stafford yesterday with Plattsburgh victoriously battling past Williams.

Ephs Halloran scores at :19 of the 1st (not an NCAA record: Gibson :07 of the 1st against Bowdoin 3/12/05). Period ends 1-0 with pucks flying around Heiting in net for the Ephs.

Talk of pucks flying around, the Cardinals come flying back in the 2nd (which champions just do) and show the upstarts a thing or 3, but Halloran and Williams trail only 3-2 after 2.

Hats off to the Ephs for the energy and effort shown in the 3rd. Plattsburgh did not break them in the 2nd and they came out and made quite a game of it. Plattsburgh had more team talent in the end. Look at the distribution of points on the winning and 5th goal there are 6 contributors.

8 goals on 61 shots would not appear to reflect the high level of play in both goals. Heiting kept the Ephs in it and Abbott was solid for the Cardinals.

By the by, cannot imagine collegehockeystats (Press-Republican?) 3 stars not including either Halloran or Heiting.

Congratulations to Coach Houle and the Cardinals. We got the result we discussed wishing for (only St. Thomas did not co-operate) so no games in Stafford next weekend...

Wish I could muster the energy to head for Minneapolis, but I'll be watching the stream from Old Lyme this year.

Good Luck Cardinals in the West!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                  Great contest at Stafford yesterday with Plattsburgh victoriously battling past Williams.

Ephs Halloran scores at :19 of the 1st (not an NCAA record: Gibson :07 of the 1st against Bowdoin 3/12/05). Period ends 1-0 with pucks flying around Heiting in net for the Ephs.

Talk of pucks flying around, the Cardinals come flying back in the 2nd (which champions just do) and show the upstarts a thing or 3, but Halloran and Williams trail only 3-2 after 2.

Hats off to the Ephs for the energy and effort shown in the 3rd. Plattsburgh did not break them in the 2nd and they came out and made quite a game of it. Plattsburgh had more team talent in the end. Look at the distribution of points on the winning and 5th goal there are 6 contributors.

8 goals on 61 shots would not appear to reflect the high level of play in both goals. Heiting kept the Ephs in it and Abbott was solid for the Cardinals.

By the by, cannot imagine collegehockeystats (Press-Republican?) 3 stars not including either Halloran or Heiting.

Congratulations to Coach Houle and the Cardinals. We got the result we discussed wishing for (only St. Thomas did not co-operate) so no games in Stafford next weekend...

Wish I could muster the energy to head for Minneapolis, but I'll be watching the stream from Old Lyme this year.

Good Luck Cardinals in the West!!!
                  And congrats to Williams. I believe this is a team that will continue to get better. Watch out for them over the next couple of seasons!

Comment

I thought the Williams-Plattsburgh game was one of the best women's hockey games I've seen so far. Williams is the best passing team I've seen all year. I'd heard their power play was lethal and they proved it. It was amazing to watch all of their one-touch-tape-to-tape passing. After the first power play, it seemed Abbott began to anticipate where the PP shots were coming from and she was in good position the rest of the game.

Since there has been a lot of discussion (warranted in my opinion) on officiating this year, I also wanted to mention that I thought the game was very well officiated. I don't remember any of the officials' names! The linemen and referees seemed on top of the action all night. They let both teams play, but the game never had any edge to it (other than a playoff edge). A great afternoon of women's hockey.
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post

Personal opinion: I agree. Heiting was spectacular, and Halloran certainly made an impact almost every time she stepped on the ice. I know at least in the regular season the home team’s Sports Info staff selects the three stars, but perhaps it’s different in the NCAA. I don’t know.

For what it’s worth, my three stars would be Unsworth, Halloran and Millen.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                        Congrats to Adrian! And haha to Elmira, I said earlier Karma would catch up to this team. Hats off to Tim, way to lose with 3rd set of D on the ice. Katie, lots of folks pick for the D3 Player of the year... no points, nada. She is good but not worthy of it. How about Elmira's fans, total idiots with no class!
                        Idiot - An utterly foolish or senseless person.
                        Class - Elegance, grace, or dignity, as in dress and behavior.

Irony - A manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion. (More simply stated: Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.)

Comment

Since no more games will take place before the awards I wanted to take one more stab at guessing who gets the honors:

COY: Tom Palkowski, St. Thomas
                          Laura Hurd: Courtney Wittig, UW-Eau Claire (honestly, given how they've awarded this in the past I can make arguments for Wittig, Torpy, Granato and Moriarty).

First-Team East:
                          F: Megan Halloran - SO - Williams
                          F: Katie Granato - SR - Elmira
                          F: Amanda Conway - JR - Norwich
                          D: Meg Lahey - SR - Elmira
                          D: Brynn Puppe - SO - Williams
                          G: Kassi Abbott - SR - Plattsburgh

First Team West:
                          F: Bre Simon - JR - Hamline
                          F: Courtney Wittig - SR - UW-Eau Claire
                          F: Rachel Anderson - SO - St. Scholastica
                          D: Holly Turnbull - SR - UW-Eau Claire
                          D: Demi Cooper - SR - St. Thomas
                          G: Kenzie Torpy - SR - St. Thomas

Second Team East:
                          F: Annie Katonka - SO - Plattsburgh
                          F: Courtney Moriarty - SR - Plattsburgh
                          F: Maddy Jerolman - SR - Elmira
                          D: Hanna Kiraly - JR - Plattsburgh
                          D: Samantha Benoit - SO - Norwich or Erin McArdle - SO - Plattsburgh or Zoey Pellowitz - JR - Manhattanville
                          G: Chloe Heiting - FR - Williams

Second Team West:
                          F: Leah Schwartzman - SR - Hamline
                          F: Tory Harshman - SR - Adrian
                          F: Callie Hoff - SO - UW-River Falls
                          D: Dani Wright - JR - Hamline
                          D: Nikki Nightengale - JR - Augsburg
                          G: Denisa Jandová - FR - Adrian

I think there's a chance that Moriarty could end up displacing one of the first team forwards. I know some people have issues with Abbott as an All-American but she's started every game for the Cardinals and leads multiple categories. But I wouldn't be shocked if they put Heiting at first team and her at second. I also feel like Adrian is under-represented. The area I feel least confident in predicting is the western defender spots after Turnbull...

What do you all think?
                          Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-11-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

This is Great. No where on the NCAA Women's DIII Ice Hockey page can I find that the games Friday are at St. Thomas or how to get tickets!!!!
                            4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                            SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
                              This is Great. No where on the NCAA Women's DIII Ice Hockey page can I find that the games Friday are at St. Thomas or how to get tickets!!!!
                              The NCAA was able to sell gear at Stafford Saturday without lines or the feeling you might miss the puck drop if you were to shop. Vast improvement over seasons past.

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
                                The host institution should have something published today or tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X