• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    It's official

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/w...20190409n6lzao

Great for Yale and for Bolding, and great for Norwich too as it's a testament to what they've built.

Norwich has a big decision in front of them. I think that as an institution they will be like Elmira has been where the team keeps rolling no matter who is behind the bench

Have to imagine Mollie Fitzpatrick has the inside track. Agree they will continue to be a top program like Elmira, not sure if they continue to be at the very top or if that was Bolding's golden touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
      Have to imagine Mollie Fitzpatrick has the inside track. Agree they will continue to be a top program like Elmira, not sure if they continue to be at the very top or if that was Bolding's golden touch.
      Sophie Leclerc? Keith Maurice? Off the top of my head, I imagine they’d be in the mix if interested

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
        Sophie Leclerc? Keith Maurice? Off the top of my head, I imagine they’d be in the mix if interested
        Either of those would be a great hire. Is Leclerc ready to leave Colgate? She seems on track for a D1 HC job if she continues there, though if she does well at Norwich that's still a possibility down the line...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
          Either of those would be a great hire. Is Leclerc ready to leave Colgate? She seems on track for a D1 HC job if she continues there, though if she does well at Norwich that's still a possibility down the line...
          I think Maurice would be more likely than Leclerc. But Fitzpatrick has put roots in that community and built a home in town. Given her experience with the program, her hire would be the least disruptive.

Does anyone think Bolding takes a player or two with him? They have a small roster by D1 standards (22). Surely someone like Conway could play in his system at Yale.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
            I think Maurice would be more likely than Leclerc. But Fitzpatrick has put roots in that community and built a home in town. Given her experience with the program, her hire would be the least disruptive.

Does anyone think Bolding takes a player or two with him? They have a small roster by D1 standards (22). Surely someone like Conway could play in his system at Yale.
            I totally agree with your points on Fitzpatrick, but I think it would be mistake to hand it over without seeing who you get in the applicant pool. Outside of those names, would another successful assistant put in, D1 or D3? For example, would someone like Danielle Blanchard (Plattsburgh) want to run her own program now? *BTW, that name was suggested to me; I get no credit for coming up with that thought.

I can assure you, 100% that Amanda Conway is absolutely, positively not going to Yale with Coach.

Comment

Thoughts on, maybe, Britni Smith for the Norwich job? I know we are all speculating, but I know a lot of girls like their interactions with her at different showcases.

Comment

For example, would someone like Danielle Blanchard (Plattsburgh) want to run her own program now? *BTW, that name was suggested to me; I get no credit for coming up with that thought.

I can assure you, 100% that Amanda Conway is absolutely, positively not going to Yale with Coach.
                While I understand she has to do what's best for her career and family and wouldn't hold it against her, I have a hard time putting into words the simultaneous feelings of distress and disgust the thought of Blanch being behind the bench at Norwich engenders.

If she's going to be a DIII head coach, I'd love to see her build a program up from the bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  While I understand she has to do what's best for her career and family and wouldn't hold it against her, I have a hard time putting into words the simultaneous feelings of distress and disgust the thought of Blanch being behind the bench at Norwich engenders.

If she's going to be a DIII head coach, I'd love to see her build a program up from the bottom.

Let’s face it. Norwich is probably the top DIII coaching position available this year. They have great facilities and the school invests in the team (some might say suspiciously so, but that’s a story for another day).

They will have their pick of candidates, there are very few people who wouldn’t want the chance to take over that program. I’m tempted to think they would go with a mid tier / proven DIII head coach that is seen as overachieving given their current situation. Or keeping it in house with Fitzpatrick.
                  I have to believe they will make a decision before summer break.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

I was just using her as an example of a successful D3 assistant who might be looking to have their own program.

Comment

Northland will be going to the WIAC

Comment

I was just using her as an example of a successful D3 assistant who might be looking to have their own program.
                        Kevin Houle is (or will turn) 54 this year. I wonder how long he plans to keep coaching. He's been coaching in Plattsburgh since 1989 (he's about to hit 30 years...). If he does have a retirement date in mind, I would hope Blanchard would have that information as a possible replacement for him. I haven't heard any rumors about Coach Houle, just mentioning it...
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by SethMathers View Post
                          Northland will be going to the WIAC
                          The WIAC could find themselves with an auto bid if a couple of more things happen. The WIAC will now have 5 teams on the women's side. If St. Thomas is out of the MIAC and finds another DIII home, would they be eligible to be an associate member of the WIAC for hockey? If they could pull that off, that's six. Then you have Finlandia, a member of the NCHA in hockey but is a member of the WIAC for baseball. They could join them for hockey as the 7th team if both WIAC and Finlandia agree to it. The longest trip would be St. Thomas to Finlandia, which is still a shorter trip on the TES than Plattsburgh to Buffalo State.

If the above somehow happens (a lot of hurdles) and the CHC/CCC Women can get a 7th member they could eventually have every conference with an autobid. Except the MAC, which is a conference within a conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                            Kevin Houle is (or will turn) 54 this year. I wonder how long he plans to keep coaching. He's been coaching in Plattsburgh since 1989 (he's about to hit 30 years...). If he does have a retirement date in mind, I would hope Blanchard would have that information as a possible replacement for him. I haven't heard any rumors about Coach Houle, just mentioning it...
                            In my (admittedly outsider) view, if she doesn’t apply for this, it’s a clear sign she is waiting to take over the Cardinals.

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post

On behalf of all us that are 54.... he’s still young!

He’s won a whole bunch of national championships and it’s well documented that he’s at the top of the heap in DIII compensation.

Unless he gets a great DI opportunity I can’t see him leaving anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                                LOL....ya, well it's a funny thing. When you have the toughest admission standards in the nation it can tend to limit your recruiting options. Conversely, when a ham sandwich can gain admission, like at Platty and other places, it does often help one's chances of winning.
                                Oh that big old they’ll let anyone in Plattsburgh... You’re are about to become my biatch......

Comment

Working...
                                X