D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobbunnell View Post
    The Adrian staff sure likes to chew gum!
    Can they walk?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
      I apologize to Mendota Heights and all citizens of, what Bob Dylan (in reference to roots in Hibbing, MN), once referred to as "the country I come from, they call the Midwest." A region I profess regrettable total inexperience in visiting.

Hoping the NCAA stream flows as smoothly as the on ice action!

I still say, GO CARDINALS!!!
      In hockey they call this region "the West" for reasons unknown

Go Plattsburgh!
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Hamline has built nascent hockey power with Minnesota girls

https://www.twincities.com/2019/03/1...nnesota-girls/
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Really happy with the energy and resolve Plattsburgh had, even with a very pro-Adrian crowd. Very solid game. Very much looking forward to tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            Scroll back, go to D3Hockey.com, or NCAA.com. There are many references to the games being played at St Thomas. They are the number one ranked PWR.
            Originally posted by gojackets View Post
            Just say "the cities" from now on and it will all be covered...unless of course you have a tightwad like the pothead :P :P (yes I know your name doesn't refer to marijuana)

BTW when you click to go to the video feed...it clearly states "St Thomas Ice Arena, Mendota Heights MN"
            Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            In hockey they call this region "the West" for reasons unknown
            Where do I begin? Scrolling back and digging deep I find that the gates open at 1:30, great I guess, but you can not get in without a ticket and they did not start selling tickets until 2:00 leaving approximately 40+ people having to stand outside in the cold and 100+ waiting in line for more that a half hour. On the bright side the NCAA sold out of hats before the end of the first period, that was good planning!

Well at least I was able to get a ticket and see the game which was an enjoyable game to watch in person.

When the Mayflower landed anything the other side of the Hudson was the west, when Plattsburgh started playing hockey anything the other side of Erie, PA was the west. Saint Paul is considered by many to be the last Eastern city and Minneapolis is the first Western city. And after additional thought I stand corrected, St. Thomas College (University to those to young) is east of the Mississippi, Saint Thomas Academy, Mendota Heights is on the west side of the Mississippi and Minnesota rivers. Well off to game two, enjoy the internet.

Question, if Hamline wins when will the NCAA determine the site for the championship game? Does it go back out east to Plattsburgh the higher PWR? Ponder that!!!
            4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
            SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              Really happy with the energy and resolve Plattsburgh had, even with a very pro-Adrian crowd. Very solid game. Very much looking forward to tomorrow.
              Tonight's game has me puzzled. .do we want Hamline to win to take away the home advantage .. or would that add to the Pipers desire...I also know that the Hamline campus is nearby so the fan advantage is still there...really a toss-up

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
                Where do I begin? Scrolling back and digging deep I find that the gates open at 1:30, great I guess, but you can not get in without a ticket and they did not start selling tickets until 2:00 leaving approximately 40+ people having to stand outside in the cold and 100+ waiting in line for more that a half hour. On the bright side the NCAA sold out of hats before the end of the first period, that was good planning!

Well at least I was able to get a ticket and see the game which was an enjoyable game to watch in person.

When the Mayflower landed anything the other side of the Hudson was the west, when Plattsburgh started playing hockey anything the other side of Erie, PA was the west. Saint Paul is considered by many to be the last Eastern city and Minneapolis is the first Western city. And after additional thought I stand corrected, St. Thomas College (University to those to young) is east of the Mississippi, Saint Thomas Academy, Mendota Heights is on the west side of the Mississippi and Minnesota rivers. Well off to game two, enjoy the internet.

Question, if Hamline wins when will the NCAA determine the site for the championship game? Does it go back out east to Plattsburgh the higher PWR? Ponder that!!!
                Ummm..it is tomorrow...same arena...it is the final 4🤔

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  Ummm..it is tomorrow...same arena...it is the final 4🤔
                  totally over your head....
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    Tonight's game has me puzzled. .do we want Hamline to win to take away the home advantage .. or would that add to the Pipers desire...I also know that the Hamline campus is nearby so the fan advantage is still there...really a toss-up
                    I think Hamline’s more equipped to beat Plattsburgh
                    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      totally over your head....
                      It’s really not if you’re tired of the whining.
                      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
                        How are they allowing Candy Kirchner to ref these games? She is easily the worst ref in MIAC and they're letting her affect the national championship? Wow.

And watch her take this game over. Never met a game she didn't want to wreck.
                        Different officials for game 2 tonight. I see Leclerc and Langley and Hiller

Comment

Hamline about to find out they are catching a huge break tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                            It’s really not if you’re tired of the whining.
                            To an extent yes, but as someone who only follows the women's hockey around this time (for the most part is the only time when decent hockey is being played) the lack of information on the NCAA site is weak. Don't get me wrong, it only takes a few clicks to go to St. Thomas's website and get information, but it wouldn't hurt the NCAA to put a little more effort (and correct information) in their website for the DIII women. By all accounts from what Ive heard, St. Thomas is doing an excellent job hosting the tournament....Ive waited a lot longer than 30 minutes for tickets....
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by BrianC View Post
                              Hamline about to find out they are catching a huge break tonight.
                              Tough luck for the Tommies losing their starter before the semifinals

Comment

• Hamline...yikes. Watch out UST.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X