U MN vs. UND: The Rumble in the Desert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U MN vs. UND: The Rumble in the Desert

I haven’t had a chance to see UND play, and have only gotten to see Minnesota play once this season. Can’t take a ton from exhibition games, but we have lost those in years past so they aren’t meaningless either. Especially against a U18 team as talented as this year’s.

I too have been impressed with the step forward some of our returning players have seem to taken. It’s also great to have Sheehy finally healthy, which helps a ton not just offensively but defensively.

I am really excited about this freshmen group. Ranta is getting a lot of accolades, for good reason, but I think Walker is going to be a really solid player for the Gophers. That kid can skate and knows how to put the puck in the net. Reminds me a little bit of Nate Condon. Really anxious to see McLaughlin in action as I couldn’t see the last exhibition game.

Should be a great game. Seems no matter which program is up or down at the time, these teams always step up for these games.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
      You must be fun at parties.
      Only if you like the same things that I like!
      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Sammy Walker can really scoot.
        He's got a ton of energy for that motor too.

Comment

btw there are at least a few inbreeds from the west I'd love to have a beer with including burd and wish I was there to participate.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            btw there are at least a few inbreeds from the west I'd love to have a beer with including burd and wish I was there to participate.
            I'll have a beer(or three) with all the inbreeds for you at the Orleans tomorrow.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Ditto.

And the Whioux are still a thing. They have to be, to keep the TM.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

GAMEDAY! Schlossman reports that UND fans and alumni from 131 cities across America are coming to Vegas for this game tonight (and for whatever else one does in Vegas). Gopher fans, not so much. On paper it's neutral ice, but in terms of drunkin' fan support and a raucous atmosphere...advantage UND.

This is a good litmus test for the Gophers to show some mental toughness amidst a hostile crowd and play their game. Gophers have some players that can fly and play a fast game on skates. But they'll need to play a fast game with the puck as well and put more pucks on net. Although they've only played two D1 games, Corsi indicates they are way down in shot differential at #54th, whereas UND with a slow start in their first 4 games is ranked 6th.

Physicality factor from a young Gopher D corp will play a huge role, as well as blocking shots against a Whioux team that fires a lot of pucks on net. The Gophers carry the advantage in net with Mat Robson (SV% .936) vs the FR Scheel for UND (SV% .878).

No doubt both teams will come out of the gate locked and loaded. I'm pumped for an intense 60 min of old-time college hockey rivalry with a lot of end-to-end action. Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Ditto.

And the Whioux are still a thing. They have to be, to keep the TM.
                  I KNEW it! Ima change into my Zeppelin shirt.
                  You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Saturday night of Halloween. Decision time: do I...

Get one-day NCHC.TV, know that I'll catch the game...but trash one of the best Saturday nights of the year as the game starts at 9cst?

Or get a one-month NCHC.TV, keep my Saturday night...but risking the game if I can't get access to NCHC.TV video on demand library with a one-month pass?

Customer support said I "should" get access to the library with a one-month pass. They just didn't respond when I asked them to clarify.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Watch it live. It'll be a playoff atmosphere.

Comment

Englestad must still have a party room out there somewhere. I wonder what he would think about hockey growing in LV.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

I heard former goofer players bought their fans dippin dots

http://grandforksherald.com/sports/h...ers-fans-vegas
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post

To help them forget they're from ND for a few hours no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              Englestad must still have a party room out there somewhere. I wonder what he would think about hockey growing in LV.
                              The room is long gone but that hasn't stopped the Whioux cheerleaders from donning throwback b-day attire

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post

Is that the Same Oshie guy who brought the Stanley cup to Minnesota for the day?

http://www.dglobe.com/sports/hockey/...ey-cup-warroad
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X