Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: U MN vs. UND: The Rumble in the Desert

Re: U MN vs. UND: The Rumble in the Desert

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    Ok got it, you don’t understand sarcasm emotes. If anything, I have pity for you. The way you obsess about the NCHC and it’s teams is unhealthy. You shouldn’t have to disappear to avoid taking ownership for being an ***.
    Can't we all get along? After we beat you, of course. Although, the chances of a brouhaha in the handshake line goes up about 700% when UND lose. Are you guys bringing Rhett along, he should be good for at least one 5 minute penalty.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    Ok got it, you donít understand sarcasm emotes. If anything, I have pity for you. The way you obsess about the NCHC and itís teams is unhealthy. You shouldnít have to disappear to avoid taking ownership for being an ***.
    If that was supposed to be sarcasm it was a pitiful attempt. As for your misconception that I "obsess" about the NCHC, my true intent obviously sailed way over your head. The fact of the matter is that I am simply retaliating against the numerous NCHC fans who obsess over the Big Ten ad nauseam. If you don't comprehend how that works, then I am sorry but I can't help you.
    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
    National championships won by NCHC schools : 20 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, Colorado College 2, MN-Duluth 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 20

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Can't we all get along? After we beat you, of course. Although, the chances of a brouhaha in the handshake line goes up about 700% when UND lose. Are you guys bringing Rhett along, he should be good for at least one 5 minute penalty.
    Yep, I swear their attitude is "If we can't beat them, let's beat them up".
    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
    National championships won by NCHC schools : 20 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, Colorado College 2, MN-Duluth 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 20

I think this game will be close. Guessing (minus any ENGs) it will will be a 4-3, 5-4 type of game. Being the homer I am, of course I'll say MN.

Despite what some say, these teams still hate each other. The rivalry is not dead yet.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Ya the people that act like the games aren't the most intense on the schedule still are just in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post
    Yep, I swear their attitude is "If we can't beat them, let's beat them up".
    I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with a little fisticuffs in the handshake line. All throughout nature young creatures tussle with their siblings as a means to prepare them to survive in a hostile world. I would think young gophers and other vermin would value this, as most of them will be snatched away by Hawks before they reach old rat-age.

btw: As I recall, by tradition on these series threads we're supposed to start talking hockey sometime on Thursday. When is that supposed to start? This does not apply to Happy, of course, who has a lifetime tree and 25-year-old Canadians pass.
    Last edited by burd; 10-25-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Ya the people that act like the games aren't the most intense on the schedule still are just in denial.
    Hard for me to get too fired up for a game I can't watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Koho View Post
    You're not alone: most gopher fans will find this one hard to watch.

Ah we played ranked opponents and you played Culinary institutes so lets not quite compare how the season is going.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    No, I think UND just felt that if they scheduled the game for a larger arena and it was only 60% filled it would feel too much like a home game for the gophers.
    Winner!
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

How do the Sioux look this year? The little that I've seen of the Gophers looks faster and stronger on the puck than I've seen in a while with quick, accurate passing and good pressure in the offensive zone. I'm trying not to drink too much Motzko koolaid yet, but so far I kind of like it. ( I know the players were recruited by Lucia, but...)
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Dammit, Gorilla!!
    Hometown: Plymouth, MN Currently: Champlin, M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with a little fisticuffs in the handshake line. All throughout nature young creatures tussle with their siblings as a means to prepare them to survive in a hostile world. I would think young gophers and other vermin would value this, as most of them will be snatched away by Hawks before they reach old rat-age.
    You know, that's a fair point regarding the players. Can the fans please take it easy on me in Vegas though?
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I think icehawk was referring to this instead when he mentioned brilliant. Whioux fans are a bit slow on the take so all is forgiven.
    Negative son

Quote Originally Posted by Koho View Post
    I'm planning on streaming it. Tough thing is its Saturday night before Halloween.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by captain beefheart View Post
    How do the Sioux look this year? The little that I've seen of the Gophers looks faster and stronger on the puck than I've seen in a while with quick, accurate passing and good pressure in the offensive zone. I'm trying not to drink too much Motzko koolaid yet, but so far I kind of like it. ( I know the players were recruited by Lucia, but...)
    Well, unfortunately the Sioux are not a thing anymore. Havenít been for quite a few years now. The current North Dakota team doesnít look very good though. I do not expect to see them in the NCAA Tournament next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post
    Well, unfortunately the Sioux are not a thing anymore. Havenít been for quite a few years now. The current North Dakota team doesnít look very good though. I do not expect to see them in the NCAA Tournament next spring.
    Do you think there's any long term implications from the end of the old WCHA or is it just cyclical?
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post

btw: As I recall, by tradition on these series threads we're supposed to start talking hockey sometime on Thursday. When is that supposed to start? This does not apply to Happy, of course, who has a lifetime tree and 25-year-old Canadians pass.
    Hey, I actually mentioned a current UND player in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxTradition View Post
    Ah we played ranked opponents and you played Culinary institutes so lets not quite compare how the season is going.
    We beat the Number One ranked team in the nation, and you already got beat by a big brown rodent. and a purple cow.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Do you think there's any long term implications from the end of the old WCHA or is it just cyclical?
    Just cyclical.

We beat the Number One ranked team in the nation, and you already got beat by a big brown rodent. and a purple cow.
    We needed overtime to squeak by a canadian university and won only one of our four games against teams from the State of Hockey Underperformers. Any team from the woeful history of B1G hockey could beat us. Our sole purpose this year is to provide other teams with program rejuvenating wins.
    Last edited by burd; 10-25-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Thread Information