Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 141 to 158 of 158

Thread: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    259

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    This weekend should be huge for Nichols. If they want to remain viable in the CCC they are going to have to put together a couple of wins vs. Endicott. Which means that the weekend is huge for Endicott. This could also be a big weekend for Wentworth as they travel to Biddeford to play UNE. If UNE doesn't play smarter, less selfish hockey, they could be surprised by Wentworth. Too many bad penalties by UNE could cost them big against a team like Wentworth.

    Becker has a lot of work to do, Curry should have an easy time with them this weekend. Salve and WNEU should be predictable. Who will be sitting on the top of the league on Sunday?

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    This weekend should be huge for Nichols. If they want to remain viable in the CCC they are going to have to put together a couple of wins vs. Endicott. Which means that the weekend is huge for Endicott. This could also be a big weekend for Wentworth as they travel to Biddeford to play UNE. If UNE doesn't play smarter, less selfish hockey, they could be surprised by Wentworth. Too many bad penalties by UNE could cost them big against a team like Wentworth.

    Becker has a lot of work to do, Curry should have an easy time with them this weekend. Salve and WNEU should be predictable. Who will be sitting on the top of the league on Sunday?
    Agree across the board. WIT is dangerous and they play UNE tough. Nichols/Endicott Should be two physical games will be interesting to see who comes out on top.
    Salve and Curry better not take these games for granted cause you never know but if they show up and play hard they should both win. Salve by the way has lost to WNEU the last two years in Springfield. That should be enough motivation. Letís play some hockey.

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    242

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by nefan View Post
    Agree across the board. WIT is dangerous and they play UNE tough. Nichols/Endicott Should be two physical games will be interesting to see who comes out on top.
    Salve and Curry better not take these games for granted cause you never know but if they show up and play hard they should both win. Salve by the way has lost to WNEU the last two years in Springfield. That should be enough motivation. Letís play some hockey.

    Looking at Nichols next 5 games, I think they play Endicott 3 times and Curry 2 times. They are a good team, but they could certainly lose 5 games. It would be real hard to imagine that a team which beat the top ranked team in an exhibition (Norwich) started the season 0-9. I hope not, because they are a good team and they compete.

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    259

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    How many CCC folks are surprised at Nichols being 0-4 to start the season?

    This coming weekend should have some very good games highlighted by Nichols and Curry. A couple of ways to look at this, Nichols could be so p***ed off that they have dropped 4 in a row that they totally let loose on Curry and go on a goal scoring binge, or they are so tight, not wanting to make mistakes, that they stink the joint out... or someplace in between. No matter how you look at it, these are very consequential games for the Bison!

    UNE/Endicott should be a great series and the Salve/Wentworth series should have some interesting moments. Last year, WIT beat Salve at the Abbey with 3 PPGs in the final 11 minutes. Alas, Becker is, well, Becker. Saw them play last week at UNE. The ids were working hard, but they need to work smarter. Too many times UNE had open passes that created scoring chances. Seems like the defensive zone coverage got "lost" too easily. They have a lot of work to do to catch up to the rest of the conference.

    Still, I think the big surprise of this young season has got to be Nichols! Thoughts?

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    259

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    This has become a make-or-break weekend for Nichols. They have two games against Curry beginning on the road Friday night. They cannot afford to go 0-2 this weekend. Endicott travels to UNE for the start of a big series. I can't imagine either team sweeping the weekend, but if one does it will create some space in the standings. Is this the weekend that Wentworth shows it is ready to move on to the next level?

    Nichols is a good team. It is really hard to explain the 0-4 start, but it will be a whole lot harder to explain an 0-6 start!

  6. #146
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,577

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    This has become a make-or-break weekend for Nichols. They have two games against Curry beginning on the road Friday night. They cannot afford to go 0-2 this weekend. Endicott travels to UNE for the start of a big series. I can't imagine either team sweeping the weekend, but if one does it will create some space in the standings. Is this the weekend that Wentworth shows it is ready to move on to the next level?

    Nichols is a good team. It is really hard to explain the 0-4 start, but it will be a whole lot harder to explain an 0-6 start!
    Well, Nichols can go 0-27, and still have a shot at a berth, once the "real" season starts.

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    259

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Well, Nichols can go 0-27, and still have a shot at a berth, once the "real" season starts.
    Actually, they couldn't, CCC takes the top six teams of the 8 team hockey conference. the top 2 teams get byes into the semi finals.

  8. #148
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,577

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    Actually, they couldn't, CCC takes the top six teams of the 8 team hockey conference. the top 2 teams get byes into the semi finals.
    OK, so maybe 8-19, and still get in..?

    Not picking on you, just mocking the system.

  9. #149
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,786

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Well, Nichols can go 0-27, and still have a shot at a berth, once the "real" season starts.
    Actually they can't go 0-27 because the schedule limit is 25 games.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    259

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    I was at the UNE/Endicott game last night and I was very impressed by the Endicott team. I thought they really stifled the UNE attack all night. I didn't keep track of the number of shots that were blocked by Endicott, but they really did a great job of closing off the shooting lanes! Endicott killed off a major penalty in the first period allowing only one goal. I felt that was a major turning point in the game. UNE had some great opportunities to add to the score, but the Gulls "D" and the GK made some great plays. UNE will need to make some adjustments if they want success today.

    Nichols continues to be an enigma. Who would have thought they'd be 0-5 (0-7 overall) to start the season. Curry continued to add to their problems last night. Maybe home ice today will help them break through in the win column.

    Sounded like Salve had their hands full at Wentworth and Becker finally broke through against WNEU. Who would have thought, that after 5 games in Becker would be ahead of Nichols in the Conference standings! If Endicott can keep this momentum going, they are going to be tough.

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    69

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    I was at the UNE/Endicott game last night and I was very impressed by the Endicott team. I thought they really stifled the UNE attack all night. I didn't keep track of the number of shots that were blocked by Endicott, but they really did a great job of closing off the shooting lanes! Endicott killed off a major penalty in the first period allowing only one goal. I felt that was a major turning point in the game. UNE had some great opportunities to add to the score, but the Gulls "D" and the GK made some great plays. UNE will need to make some adjustments if they want success today.

    Nichols continues to be an enigma. Who would have thought they'd be 0-5 (0-7 overall) to start the season. Curry continued to add to their problems last night. Maybe home ice today will help them break through in the win column.

    Sounded like Salve had their hands full at Wentworth and Becker finally broke through against WNEU. Who would have thought, that after 5 games in Becker would be ahead of Nichols in the Conference standings! If Endicott can keep this momentum going, they are going to be tough.
    I've seen a couple of the Nichols' games and thought the effort was okay but not great. Not a very physical team, some young guys are big but need to develop and the older guys are more finesse than grinders. The one thing that sticks out is the lack of scoring, 1.5 goals per game and terrible results on the PP where they have four goals in 45 attempts for less than 9%. At least one of those goals was a five on three which is worth noting. If they can find a way to get the puck in the back of the net they'll be okay but someone has to step up.

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC Fan View Post
    I've seen a couple of the Nichols' games and thought the effort was okay but not great. Not a very physical team, some young guys are big but need to develop and the older guys are more finesse than grinders. The one thing that sticks out is the lack of scoring, 1.5 goals per game and terrible results on the PP where they have four goals in 45 attempts for less than 9%. At least one of those goals was a five on three which is worth noting. If they can find a way to get the puck in the back of the net they'll be okay but someone has to step up.
    Week three complete in the CCC and we have a tight race at the top as was expected but Nichols 0-6 (0-8) is a huge surprise. Got hammered by Curry at home tonight 8-1. Curry is tough. UNE/Endicott split which gives UNE their first loss in league play. Salve remains the only undefeated team at 6-0 in league. Two tough wins against a Wentworth team that always plays them tight. Donít sleep on WIT, they got some good skill and are very gritty. They will beat some of the top teams. A few non-conference games this week and over thanksgiving then back to CCC play the following weekend. Biggest games will be Salve heading to Utica tournament where they will play Oswego on Friday.

  13. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    65

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Doesnt the CCC follow the same points rules
    As the UCHC ???

    Confused with some of the first OT period winners not getting the 3 points

    UCHC rules for conference games only: A win over an opponent in regulation or in the regular five minute overtime is worth three points in the standings, a win in the 3-on-3 or shootout sessions is worth two points, and a loss in 3-on-3 or the shootout will net a team one standings point. A loss in regulation or the first overtime period will be worth no points.

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    259

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by gfan View Post
    Doesnt the CCC follow the same points rules
    As the UCHC ???

    Confused with some of the first OT period winners not getting the 3 points

    UCHC rules for conference games only: A win over an opponent in regulation or in the regular five minute overtime is worth three points in the standings, a win in the 3-on-3 or shootout sessions is worth two points, and a loss in 3-on-3 or the shootout will net a team one standings point. A loss in regulation or the first overtime period will be worth no points.
    DOn't hold me to this, 'cuz I'm not sure I fully understand it!

    Games that are tied at the end of regulation will go to a 5-min, five-on-five OT period, sudden death. If one team scores they will receive 2 points in conference standings, the losing team will receive 1 point. If neither team scores, it goes to a 3-on-3 format for five minutes, same point allotment. If still tied after 3-on-3, shootout occurs until one team scores and the other doesn't. In any event, I think games tied after regulation earn each team at least one point.

    Here is a link to the press release: https://cccathletics.com/sports/mice.../201920MIHPoll

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    844
    Two CCC teams in action today in t-giving tournaments. Curry ended up losing in a shootout in a goaltenders battle up in Castleton to Fredonia. 0-0 through regulation, 1st OT and 3 on 3 OT, Curry eventually losing in the shootout 1-0. Salve with a huge win up in Utica Tourney beating Oswego 6-3 with four 3rd period goals. Six different goal scorers. St. Jean was strong in net. Two more tomorrow but need to wait to see who wins 2nd games to see who Curry & Salve will play.

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    259

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Curry has a huge weekend before the break. They open on Friday night at UNE. Then, on Saturday, they play host to Salve. I know it's still early in the season, but going into the Holiday Break in 1st place would be certainly make the recruiting easier when coaches are meeting with prospective juniors. I was trying to figure out the possibilities and I got a headache!

    If UNE wins both games this weekend, they'll have 21 points (regulation wins), Curry could end up with 18 points and Salve with 17 points (if Curry beats Salve)... OK, here comes the headache again!! Lets just let the kids play the games and see what happens!

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    Curry has a huge weekend before the break. They open on Friday night at UNE. Then, on Saturday, they play host to Salve. I know it's still early in the season, but going into the Holiday Break in 1st place would be certainly make the recruiting easier when coaches are meeting with prospective juniors. I was trying to figure out the possibilities and I got a headache!

    If UNE wins both games this weekend, they'll have 21 points (regulation wins), Curry could end up with 18 points and Salve with 17 points (if Curry beats Salve)... OK, here comes the headache again!! Lets just let the kids play the games and see what happens!
    UNE/Curry and Curry/Salve were two great games. Anyone couldíve won either game. Great pace in both games, very good goaltending, physical play and some real nice goals. Officiating both nights was less than desired but you get what you get i guess!! Top players (scorers) on each team were evident and produced. These three teams along with Endicott which continues to win could all win the league. They could have 3 teams in the top 15 at years end but Unfortunately they will beat up on each other and some could be left on the outside looking in. Salve @ NEC tomorrow night then a bit of a break till the holiday tournaments. Endicott going to Plattsburgh tourney, Salve going to Norwich tourney, UNE going to Oswego. Great tests for all three teams. Should be fun after the break. Lace them up!!

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    259

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    I was at the UNE/Curry game in Biddeford. I seemed like 3 separate games. UNE absolutely owned the first period scoring two goals. The shots (16-10) do not indicate how much UNE dominated that period. I don't track O-zone time, but it was significant in favor of UNE. Curry had some real difficulty getting the puck out of their end. Second period, not so much. The shots were almost even (10-9, for UNE) but Curry made some nice adjustments to move the puck from their zone. UNE again got into trouble with stupid penalties, (boarding, cross checking and holding) and gave up 3 PPGs to Curry. The 3rd period saw UNE counter the Curry adjustments. The final two goals came from high slot, the result of good puck movement by UNE and creating shooting lanes that Curry had shut down. It was fun to watch two good coaches work!

    Curry is a very dangerous team! They have some amazing moments of brilliant play. If they ever get that kind of play to become more prevalent, watch out!

    Salve seems to know how to win. Some teams can put stretches of really lousy play out there and yet still know what they need to do to win. Salve really have some players with great skills, and they just don't give up, they just keep going. If you're going to beat them, you need to do it early and finish them off... and then don't let up!

    Nichols is still an enigma. Anyone who thought they'd be 0 for Christmas, would have been put into the "cracker-factory"! Not sure what is going on in Dudley, but it must be difficult. This is where a good coach makes his money... getting the Bison ship turned around!

    Also sounded like a good game for Becker against Wentworth.

    Enjoy your holidays. UNE, Endicott, Salve, Nichols Curry are all headed to Tournaments with some really good competition. Great way to start off the New Year!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •